+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Question help.. irregular periods... need help

Hi Girls,

Im just wondering from the girls who have irregular periods... My first cycle off the pill was 60 days (off the pill since jan) and now I calculated 28 days from my last period which works out I am now 2 days over due for AF. I very much doubt that I am actually "overdue" being that my last period was 60 days but im just confused as to how would I calculate it if I have no idea what my cycle is? do you just calculated from 28 day and anything after that is classed as "overdue"

I very much doubt I am pregnant as I dont think i ovulated at all. I have no mucus or anything

Its all so very disappointing I really never thought it was going to be this hard and frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello!

I don't have an answer for you but I can certainly relate to you. All my life my periods have been somewhat krazy. I stopped the pill about 4 weeks ago....just before stopping the pack i had a period...then 4 days after stopping the pill i got it again. Last time i had a break from the pill which was about 4 years ago....i did't get my period for a few months after. From what I understand...there is no "normal" if you get me.

Do you remember what your cycles were like prior to starting the pill??

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Sofiee  (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    hello!

I don't have an answer for you but I can certainly relate to you. All my life my periods have been somewhat krazy. I stopped the pill about 4 weeks ago....just before stopping the pack i had a period...then 4 days after stopping the pill i got it again. Last time i had a break from the pill which was about 4 years ago....i did't get my period for a few months after. From what I understand...there is no "normal" if you get me.

Do you remember what your cycles were like prior to starting the pill??
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I get you, its just annoying trying to work out if im late, early etc etc cause I doing know whats happening anymore!

Gosh.. i really am unsure what they were like. Its been a good 10 years ago since before the pill. I dont think they were spot on every 28 days but never as long as 60.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Wilhew, you may just need a good 6 months off the pill before you return to a normal cycle (and sometimes longer). To try to catch the egg in the mean time you might want to look at charting your BBT and using OPKs.
    Since coming off the pill I have had better/more regular cycles then before I started the pill!! BUT i am having an odd cycle this month - didn't ovulate till day 22! Because I am temping and doing OPKs I have known what was going on and have DTD at the right time.
    We've got a lovely thread of ladies in the BBT thread, so you're welcome to join us if you're interested.
    Also it was quite a few months after being off the pill before I saw any EWCM - the pill makes the cervical crypts making this type of CM shrink (disclaimer - in most people) & they take a little while to recover. As it is I still don't trust following CM - I got very little this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhew View Post
    Hi Girls,

Im just wondering from the girls who have irregular periods... My first cycle off the pill was 60 days (off the pill since jan) and now I calculated 28 days from my last period which works out I am now 2 days over due for AF. I very much doubt that I am actually "overdue" being that my last period was 60 days but im just confused as to how would I calculate it if I have no idea what my cycle is? do you just calculated from 28 day and anything after that is classed as "overdue"

I very much doubt I am pregnant as I dont think i ovulated at all. I have no mucus or anything

Its all so very disappointing I really never thought it was going to be this hard and frustrating.
    I totally understand as I experience the same thing - I never really tracked my period before I went on the pill so its been interesting trying to track it finally after i came off - I've ranged from 34 days right up to 44 days.... its a little annoying but thats just the way things are for me - everyone is different. Hope this makes you feel a little better - no answers for you but you're not alone!

Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripleigh View Post
    Hi Wilhew, you may just need a good 6 months off the pill before you return to a normal cycle (and sometimes longer). To try to catch the egg in the mean time you might want to look at charting your BBT and using OPKs.
    Since coming off the pill I have had better/more regular cycles then before I started the pill!! BUT i am having an odd cycle this month - didn't ovulate till day 22! Because I am temping and doing OPKs I have known what was going on and have DTD at the right time.
    We've got a lovely thread of ladies in the BBT thread, so you're welcome to join us if you're interested.
    Also it was quite a few months after being off the pill before I saw any EWCM - the pill makes the cervical crypts making this type of CM shrink (disclaimer - in most people) & they take a little while to recover. As it is I still don't trust following CM - I got very little this month!

Yes I would like to join the where do I find the thread?

I started to do my temp but i never really knew what I was looking for. its seems to dip abit up and down and I was so confused with it all and as I had no CM I just stopped doing it. When do you think its a good time to start, is it ok to start it now being 31 days since finishing my last period or would you wait to do it when my period starts?

Thanks to everyone for the replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We're up in the stickies

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=399316

yep, it would be fine to start temping now, at the very least for the practise. *might* be able to see if you've O'd or not....

Do you have an account with a BBT charting site? We all use Fertility Friend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripleigh View Post
    We're up in the stickies

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...d.php?t=399316

yep, it would be fine to start temping now, at the very least for the practise. *might* be able to see if you've O'd or not....

Do you have an account with a BBT charting site? We all use Fertility Friend

Yes I have an account with Fertiliy Friend.
    Thanks Ill head over there now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chunky Monkey,
    I can totally relate. I have been off the pill for 5 years, trying to get pregnant for 2 yrs, in IVF for 15 months. My periods, whilst not on IVF drugs, are anywhere from 40-45 days, except this time round - it's day 52 and very little action down stairs!!
    KT