+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to go to them when I was a poor uni student and cuts were less than $20. No major dramas, usually happy with the result. This was 5 years back though. I prefer going to proper salons these days, as the quality is much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to go there before I met my beloved hairdresser. I was always happy with the service but tbh wasn't that fussy, and my cut was pretty straight forward. Since meeting the friend who does my hair now though I am a convert to having one regular stylist who does my cut and colour and occasion hair as well. She's made me love my hair!
    I guess it comes down to how fussy you are with your hair, and how complicated what you want is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebrite View Post
    Why don't you try a salon but ask for a 3rd or 4th year? Sometimes the salon will let advanced apprentices on the floor who are confident but sometimes need a bit of extra time or may need to still ask a senior a few questions during a consultation. Or shop around and see if you can just find a cheaper salon in the suburbs for instance. I'd stay away from just cuts, they get paid to pump clients in and out and don't do the finishing touches. If your fussy, I'd be careful...
    i managed a chain store and this is exactly what we had to do-get in get out same haircut on everyone, and majority of staff are apprentices.
    Find out who is manager or 2IC and use them it will be quick but they do understand the business side too which is client retention so they will do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeee View Post
    you have to shop around. i have found a brilliant, cheap place that do my #2 and leave the ratty without any raised eyebrows, no appt nec unless they're super busy and they have very reasonable prices.
    they exist.. you just have to find one
    was it in plaza? i swear i've cut your hair a few times before..........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    i dont normally go to just cuts etc- didnt like what they did to my hair last time- but i guess would be okay just for a trim type thing i prefer to get it done at my hairdresser she knows what i want sure its pricey but its my treat i dont get it donr that often

Riiiiight.. there. Where I'm pointing. See it?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppyGuts View Post

was it in plaza? i swear i've cut your hair a few times before..........
    i go to the one across from my local aldi here in marsden

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I guess it depends on your haircut. I used to go to just cuts for trims/simple cuts and i was always happy with the result.
    The hair disasters i have had have all been from more expensive salons but that may be because if i want to try something different i am willing to pay more to get it 'right' - so far that idea has failed me miserably though
    My last cut i asked for a bob at chin level and i got just below shoulder length with horrible layering/thinning (more like chucks hacked out all over the place) - i am traumatised, after saving up so i could pamper myself i ended looking and feeling worse. I will now grow it out and stick with places like just cuts for simple trims..

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you do decide to go to a just cut type place i would suggest you go at a non busy time, if possible.
    I used to try and go on a Monday early morning or something as usually it would be empty or only a couple people waiting so the hairdresser would spend more time on my cut - during busy times they would be more rushed so as to get through all the clients.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will NEVER go to just cuts or similar ever again!

I have longish hair with long layers. A seriously easy hairstyle. For me and hairdressers.
    And it was a disaster!!!
    And what was worse was the hairdresser (and I use the term loosely) told me how bad the previous person who cut my hair was given the state of my hair cut, and very bad advice on how I should cut and style it.
    My regular hairdresser is award winning, and was away for a few months overseas.

I now wait until I can see him rather than go anywhere else.

You really do get what you pay for. But what p!ssed me off the most, even more than the bad cut, was the really bad advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hairdresser friend said that it's bad news when you have to work at Just Cuts. They're not the best hairdressers around. I had a haircut there when I was younger and it was uneven and horrible.

Not to mention that I don't find them very cheap for what you get - their children's cuts are almost $20

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I think just cuts and similar are really hit and miss.

I've had my best haircut done at a similar walk in salon (although it was done by whoever was in charge) and i've definetly had my worst cut as well.

I usually take the kids to these types of salons just because its quick and easy.. once again result vary. There have been some very dorky looking, rather undesirable cuts as well as some really good ones amongst the mix.