+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Question What's your experience with haircuts at "Just Cuts" or similar salons?

I'm a bit fussy when it comes to choosing a hairdresser, but I really need to save my money so I was thinking about trying out one of those cheaper hair salons where you don't actually book, you just turn up and it's cheaper. The last time I really loved a haircut was a few years ago when I had my hair cut at an expensive salon which cost $70 for a wash cut and blow dry. Was hoping to spend a bit less than that

Just curious to know what your experience is with the cheaper places, are they any good? I know hair grows back but I freak out at the thought of a bad haircut (I have long hair and like a particular 'look').

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I find them fine for my hair, but when i got ds's lovely locks chopped it looked HORRIBLE

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ex used to get his hair done there and it always looked like crap, it was uneven and weird. Maybe ring around and see prices, I could get a wash and a cut at a place called Christiannes for $35

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP went to them not long ago, they did a really thorough job, DP was happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hated my experience with Just Cuts, it was awful they massacred my hair

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Same here, fine for me but they always destroy my sons hair, he is 3, with thick blonde hair and he always ends up looking ridiculous after 2 weeks when it starts to grow out as he has a triple crown and they can't seem to cut it properly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why don't you try a salon but ask for a 3rd or 4th year? Sometimes the salon will let advanced apprentices on the floor who are confident but sometimes need a bit of extra time or may need to still ask a senior a few questions during a consultation. Or shop around and see if you can just find a cheaper salon in the suburbs for instance. I'd stay away from just cuts, they get paid to pump clients in and out and don't do the finishing touches. If your fussy, I'd be careful...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I walked into UR Next in Cranbourne Centro last weekend and got my long hair cut up to my shoulders with some layers and it was one of the best haircuts I have had done in quite a while. It cost me $42 for wash with massage, cut and blow dry.
    If you are interested in going there then message me and I'll give you the hairdresser's details so you can try and get the same girl (as I know that you are sometimes in that area, well sort of )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Mines been really positive. Only a couple of hair tragedies - though I've had a couple of disapointing hair cuts paying $60-$80 for it.

I had a great cut recently from a just cuts type place, it was fab.

But I don't really like the long drawn out process of a proper salon, I dont have the time or money, so I find myself anxious getting my hair done, so I largely prefer the snip snip snip, no blow dry etc.

But I have long hair and like it a bit layered, and I then tend to leave it in a pony tail or nun 99% Of the time.

Guest Guest
    My sister in law used to manage there. They don't hire experienced hairdressers and don't train them like a normal salon would, they're taught to cut quick and do alot of mens and kids but not so much ladies 'style' cuts (at the one she worked at anyway). You get what you pay for imo. I go to the same hairdresser I've been going to for years, she does it in her house now and so she's much much cheaper than what she had to charge at the salon.
    Maybe look in the paper for a home hairdresser or word of mouth?