+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default If you are a personal trainer, or you use a personal trainer..

How is payment arranged?

dh is working as one and it is a bit of a nightmare with people not turning up, or paying erratically etc.

Anyway I said I'd ask the all-knowing bH community to see if anyone had bright ideas.

I can't really think of a way around it unless you say it's $100 month for as many sessions as you want or something (group sessions) like a gym basically. Or paying for 4 week blocks or something.

MOst of the clients are wealthy so it is not a matter of money (for most not all)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I use to pay in 10 session blocks and was given a card that he used to hole punch out when I used a session.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to gizmoduckus For This Useful Post:

Mrs Nietzsche  (15-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How much was it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay for blocks of 10 sessions. If I need to cancel then I have to give 24hrs notice or that will still be charged as one of my sessions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Mrs Nietzsche  (15-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So would you have a definite time each week, booked for 10 weeks kind of thing..

was that not quite a lot of money to come up with all at once?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I pay for 5 weeks at a time (1 session per week in my case) however I am quite lucky that my PT is a personal friend who knows about my health so if I have to cancel she doesn't charge but would normally. We have a set time every week that is very rarely changed. I keep track of what session I'm up to in my book (and she checks ha-ha) so I know when I need to pay the next set of 5 weeks.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    my sister uses this PT... you book and pay for your appointments online (and cancel online if you need to as well - but if its less than 24hrs you don't get your money transferred)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nietzsche View Post
    So would you have a definite time each week, booked for 10 weeks kind of thing..

was that not quite a lot of money to come up with all at once?
    I used to have the same time slot each week, but lately have been all over the place and have done it on a more ad hoc basis.

It is a big chunk at the outset but my PT gives a discount for paying in a block like that, and it's something I like to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got it cheap because I was friends with the trainer but he had the same system for all of his clients. For the clients that paid full price he had a buy 10 sessions get the 11th free.

It was a set time every week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and even though it was a lot of money to pay at once it worked out cheaper than going through a gym where you had to pay for gym fees on top of paying for the personal training sessions.