+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anyone know costs for Surrogacy in Adelaide?

I'm only looking into this at them moment as really don't know much about the process or costs. Also, don't know whether I'd be lucky enough to find someone either as my case is quite different to others.

What do people think out there? My situationis this: I did IVF for 4 years, after 14 ivf cycles and 2 ectopic pregnancies where both my tubes were removed I finally had a successful pregnancy. I am still over the moon and can't believe my dream finally came true, after years of perseverence and heart breaks. Anyway, my labour experience was unlike any other and apparently I had the most severe case of pre eclamsia my hospital had ever seen (I was told 1 in 10,000). Anyway, I had a myriad of complications, high blood pressure, severe pre eclamsia and massive blood loss which led to an emergency hysterectomy. After going through all this I was so happy to learn that I had had two perfectly healthy baby boys! But the perfect ending to my story hasn't ended yet as I had expected that I would go back to IVF and give my 4 frozen embryos the same chance at life that my twins had. Only this isn't possible for me now that I no longer can carry a baby. I feel bad for even posting this as I can remember how I felt when I thought I might never have a child and now here I am asking what people might think about me finding a surrogate for my remaining embryos.
    I guess, I feel that my embryos had passed all the initial hurdles and now only need a home to help them grow into the beautiful baby or babies they were intended to be. I would just hate for them to be discarded because I couldn't afford to keep storing them and then live to regret that I didn't try and give them a chance at living.

Please let me know what you think.

Also, for those women out there looking for a surrogate, may your dream come true. There is nothing more deserving than a woman who longs to be a mother. And there are no words to describe a woman who helps make this dream come true by becoming a surrogate. I'm still not sure what I will do and would in no way want to hinder someone elses dream from coming true when I already have twin babies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello,

I'm having a read through this site for the first time. It was recommended by my fertility clinic in Adelaide. In response to the question of costs we attend Fertility SA and have been advised that the costs of surrogacy total around $20 000 - $30 000. The clinic is a very good source of information and they detail what the costs are for. Since altruistic surrogacy is now legal in south australia most of the process can occur locally.

With regard to my own search I am reading through the forum to see posts from people who are looking to be a surrogate or who have been surrogates before. I too had an emergency hysterectomy after my uterus ruptured while delivering my daughter.

A x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Andrea,

Sorry to hear you had a similar experience. Your probably like me then and have embryos you had expected to transfer for another pregnancy but had that right also taken away from you. Wow, I had no idea it was that expensive! The odds are so risky financially hey, you could go through all the financial stress and then hit the emotional stress all over again. Not to mention even finding a surrogate isn't so simple. As for me, I feel like I'm caught in between a rock in a hard place as have already invested thousands in the years it took me to fall pregnant with my twins. The thought of more emotional stress does scare me but I hate to think I'd regret not fighting to give my embryos a chance. There's no way I could pull together that kind of money! I just can't believe it could cost that much when the process itself is nowhere near that expensive.

I also went through Fertility SA after going to Repromed for years. Dr Hull was my Dr and I still keep in contact with her, she's gorgeous!

I hope your baby plans come together perfectly for you.

Love NGU

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi my name is jasmine and I am a single woman and I was wondering if anybody would be interested in going to a sperm bank and and getting artificial insemination from a sperm donor and carrying a baby for me. because I can not be pregnant because I have epilepsy and I don't think I could handle being pregnant and I thought surrogacy would be right road to go on I really want to become a mother.