+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Falling pregnant on The Pill.

I have been on the pill for 4 solids months now, and I take it at basically the same time everyday.

Today I have been seeing a little bit of spotting/litttle goobers (for lack of a better word) of blood. I am not due for a period for another week and a bit.

Who fell pregnant on the pill? and what were your first signs?

The first thing that came to mind for me was implantation bleeding, although I always drastically over react and assume things, so I'm hoping thats not what it was!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I fell pregnant with my first son on the pill, had been for close to 10 years. I'm now currently pregnant with my second bubba, again I was on the pill (different one tho), so it is definitely possible.

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    The pill has a failure rate of about 8% - so about 8 in every 100 women will fall pregnant when using that as their exclusive contraception.

Having said that, it can be normal to get breakthrough bleeding on it, and it doesn't always stop you ovulating, and some women experience a bit of spotting around ovulation too. What you've experienced is probably really normal.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default The pill

I have been on the pill for 4 years now and me and my partner want to start trying for a baby. But I would like to know how long I have to be off the pill before I start trying. Please help

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had the implanon taken out, I was told to wait until at least one AF. I would imagine the same is applicable for the pill. We waited a few months anyway, because we weren't ready to conceive yet, but the implanon was due to come out at that time and wasn't worth putting another in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I fell pregnant while I was on the pill and only noticed breasts were tender and enlarged but I have had that before. It was as soon as i came off the pill, when I found out that all symptoms came (ms, fatigue)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another one here that fell pregnant on the pill. I had no real signs except that the veins in my boobies were more noticeable (like in my previous pregnancies).