+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Try reflexology, i went to my local Chinese massage place for a special foot massage. There is a pressure point that can induce labour about 24-48 hours after having it and it worked for me. I had an awesome massage on my tired ol' feet and less than 48 hours later my bub was born at exactly 39 weeks. Highly recommend and if it doesn't work well hey you got a great massage that you deserve anyways xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my boys were born at 39 weeks and labour started within 12 hours of DTD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    S+S followed by a long walk, dtd that night (with extra attention paid to the nipples and more than one O... Phew! It was hard work ) and my waters broke 24hrs after the S+S and 5hrs after DTD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelleylane View Post
    S+S followed by a long walk, dtd that night (with extra attention paid to the nipples and more than one O... Phew! It was hard work ) and my waters broke 24hrs after the S+S and 5hrs after DTD
    This is was me with number 3. Just be warned with DTD, my hindwaters leaked while I had the big O. Kind of gross and hilarious at the same time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL... Yeah, maybe a little disconcerting for the more reserved husbands

My 'leak' felt a bit like I was peeing... That would be a huge distraction...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am now 39 +2 hd all the symptoms but nothing happening & I dont want t be induced coz I hated it with last 2 .... first one was natural so we have been trying some of the things but none have worked yet !! I hope our little girl comes before I need to be induced

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think about 48 hours before my DD decided to pop out, I did gentle aerobics with stairs on my back verandah. Just up and down for about 10 minutes. Then got busy with myself (TMI?) and did the same the next day. I didnt bother with spicy food because I've got a high tolerance to chilli. And I was too lazy to go for long walks...

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sex.

That's it -- now go get busy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING past 40weeks!!!! The threat of induction seemed to do it! Morning of induction I went into labour!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a midwife and would say that if you're going to try anything, try the 5 suggestions below:

1. Walking (to encourage descent of the baby's head so it sits nicely on the cervix and encourages it to release prostaglandins to ripen and dilate the cervix)

2. Nipple stimulation - for oxytocin release + uterine activity to encourage cervical changes. 10 minutes on each side, once or twice a day - in the shower or bath can help.

3. Sex - for more prostaglandins on the cervix

4. Accupuncture by someone accredited in pregnancy, they will be able to use the 'induction' points in your body

5. Stretch & Sweeps by your midwife - stretching the cervix and encouraging more prostaglandin release for cervical changes

Forget pineapple, castor oil, EPO capsules etc etc.

Good luck!