+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural Methods of Labour Induction (That Actually Worked)

Hi Ladies,

As we are now officially full-term with Baby #2, the question again rises: "What should we (safely) try in order to encourage labour?"

I push my 19month old in her pram on a brisk, hilly walk EVERY day, have tried nipple stimulation and would be interested to hear of anyone who had success with this?

P.S.: I am fully aware that baby will come when she is ready. I also know that I'm going to get people telling me that I should just be patient. (Just not what I want to hear )

Cheers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Orgasm once a day for 3 days did it for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Dr told me walking, nipple stimulation and s.e.x are the only ways that he knows works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried drinking pineapple juice with my second, drank 2 litres over 24 hours and was in labour the next day, but in saying that I had also had gone garage sale hunting that day and swimming and had had the naughty the night previous. But I had read somewhere that pineapple juice helps get the cervix ready and I figured better than drinking cod liver oil. Also raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help soften the cervix as well. I was 5 days over when I went into labour. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm gonna say DTD as well with the big O. With DD we were still DTD consistantly and some what constantly (we were 18 and 19 ) and she came happily on her own at 37+4. With DS he was so low it became too painful after about 36 weeks and he was evicted at 39+4 due to my BP.

good luck and hopefully bubba makes an appearance soon for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    Dr told me walking, nipple stimulation and s.e.x are the only ways that he knows works.
    I've never been induced.

I go for long brisk walks (but I recommend not wearing yourself out - you need something in reserve in case labour is that evening!) and encourage DH to DTD pretty regularly from a couple of weeks to go on. Semen helps your cervix ripen and the odd bump is good for nudging the plug. I've had a "show" afterwards at least twice (ie for 2 bubs).

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Charlotte was 41 weeks and since we're hoping for a VBAC I am very much hoping that we don't go too much longer! (Bubba's only going to get bigger, right?!)

I'm going to try Evening Primrose Oil (both orally and internally) to help things soften, Raspberry Leaf Tea to help tone the uterus and have booked in for a course of Acupuncture for good measure.

Walking is great, if only from an exercise point of view. In these final weeks a lot of us are finished work and relatively homebound. I would recommend walking just so that you get out of the house and in the fresh air. Plus it's meant to help baby get into the perfect birthing position. And who knows, maybe that hill is just enough to tip you over the edge and send you into labour? (That's my hope anyway!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I walked constantly in my last 6 weeks, I did the stomping with one foot in the gutter and the other on the footpath, i ate curries constantly, i...umm...brought myself to orgasm every day or two, and had my my partner bring be to orgasm every other day, nothing worked.

the midwife prodded me during the last few days, and the day before they were going to induce me i had a good 'prodding'. that's what brought labour on. i went into labour that night for thirty hours and it ended in a ceaserian. my baby was anterior.

basically, just let things happen, as i'm sure other mothers will suggest

Thanks
    Reviews
    I should also mention that I had evening primrose oil every day from four months, and I had acupuncture for my last three weeks.

i never believed the women who said 'just wait til the babe is ready', but now i'm one of those...

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i tried everything withno success