+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear ur measuring normal now hun, Me measuring bigger wasnt to do with my bub having hydronephrosis was a different complication all together.. So how are things looking for ur little one now? have anymore scans been done? Drake is going really well now no more visits to sydney now until they remove his right kidney and do the reimpantment surgeory of his ureters in october.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey I'm just playing the waiting game now, 3 weeks until I'm due and then they'll begin running tests.

Good to hear Drake (and you!) gets a break from hospital visits for the time being. Wishing you all the best in october xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 11 month old was diagnosed with hydronephrosis at 1 month. He has undergone many tests MAG 3, MCG, n numerous u/sounds. They r just watching it at this stage. I would def recommend breastfeeding. Archer has been blessed that he hasnt had many UTIs (he is on antibiotics atm ) and he is thriving. He weighs 12kg. It is difficult to believe that our baby isnt quite 100%. We r waiting for more scans this month.
    Its terrible to hear that others have the same worries as I have however miracles do happen... thats what I keep thinking anyway

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Our son has Hydroneprosis as well

Hi There, I can see this thread is old but it comforts me to read what you have written. My son has just had his scan, he is 3 weeks old and the Hydronephrosis did not rectify itself prior to birth ;(. So I thought I would jump on bub hub and check out if any other families have chatted about this condition. We do not know too much about it other than what we have googled, the Paed's apt is in 2 weeks which will help regarding severity etc, so if any one has any more info on how the bubs have developed with this condition we would love to hear from you. It's a bit scary but we will get through it.
    Is there any chance that it goes away? That bub's kidney's heal themselves over time? How do you know if bub has a UTI? What are the tell tale signs? Tye is breastfed and I will continue this for as long as I can which I read helps, yay!!
    So please if anyone reads this and has more info, please help and write to us. This is my first time writing on here as well, so bare with me while I get up to speed, much love xxxx Team Morrison

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Team Morrison its good to hear from you. Im so sorry your little one is going through all of this also.. Depending on the severity of your sons hydronephrosis there is a chance it could go away on its own but that also depends on what is causing the hydro.. There are a few things that can cause swelling in a kidney including a blockage, duplicated system (more then 2 ureters) or urine reflux.. Depending on the grade of hyrdonephrosis 1 being mild and 5 being severe which is the highest grade and unilateral being one side and bilateral being both side ( my son's is bilateral) surgery may be needed to fix the cause but most cases are just kept an eye on with bubs put on a prophylactic dose of antibioctic to help prevent uti's.. To answer your question about will bub's kidneys heal over time that too depends on severity but if surgery is needed there is a good chance once the actual cause of the hydro is fixed the swelling will actually go down and reslve itself almost 100%. If functiong has stopped there is no chance of the kidney being revived but that is very very rare most cases of hydronephrosis will be resolved.. Uti's are our worst nightmare i freak everytime my son gets a high temp but we are very lucky that Drake has only had 2 uti's the last when he was 1month old.. The telltale signs of a uti are high fever irratibility and pain during urination.. The smell of urine may also smell quite foul and become quite dark. Yay good on you for breastfeeding and yes it can actually help prevent uti's.. My son is 12months next week and i still breastfeed for that same reason.. I hope i have helped your with my message and please dont hesitate to ask me any other questions you have.. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tad,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply to our post. We are seeing the Pead in 2 weeks, so will know on what level Tye has by then. I take great comfort in your words knowing there are others who can offer support.
    As Drake got older and ate solids were you cautious on the foods he ate? As in no dairy, sugars etc? Or he eats anything and tolerates it ok?
    I havn't noticed any of the "signs" in Tye yet regarding UTI, but am more confident now if one pops up. The only thing is not eating certain foods/drinks to help him settle as his digestive system matures. Since doing that he has been sleeping well, feeding well. Yay for him, it is upsetting when bub is upset and I know it is something I have eaten. I can not imagine though when bub becomes upset from a UTI or the kidney etc, sometimes I feel a bit on edge with it all and this is our 2nd son!!! It doesn't get any easier hey?? SO to all the parents that are going thru heartache with children that are unwell, my thoughts and prayers are lovingly with you, much love Tad and Drake family xxxxxx Keep you posted after we have seen Dr and know more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i found out my son had 2 dilated kidneys when i was 19 weeks aloing they have continued to grow he is now 7 months old and they have still gotten bigger he was on antibiotics for 6 months he is constantly ill. He screams in pain he has a sore back and whenever u touch his back or stomach he screams in pain and he vomits alot. Its heartbreaking seeing babies go through kidney probs . my sons kidneys r huge one has a blockage and a kink he sees a surgeon next week. I hate seeing my boy sick and the constant drs appointments and needles and ultrasounds i know it prob isnt the same but hopefully everything turns out alright with ur baby boy.