+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any one used CAMI education software??

hi,

we have a 6 year old and a 6 month old..and i am looking at getting teh CAMI education software and was wondering if anyone else had used it?

I had someone out yesterday to show it to us...and it looks good, but i do think the menus are a little confusing.

It is expensive, however, it is a payment plan over 3 years and available to us until our youngest is finished Year 12 so a good investment when you look at it over time.

My 6 year old is advanced ( eg they tested him yesterday on Year 4 work and he got over 90% in comprehension) but does need to focus on the easier stuff (he gets bored and does not bother trying ) and LOVES sitting and doing educational games so it would get used.

They talked about it helping with applying for scholarships...which we will be doing in Year 4 and if it does help him get one it would be worth more then the program costs. However, i am not getting the program to "guarantee" a scholarship and it will not be the end of the world if he doesn't get a scholarship and i will not pressure my boy to do more then he wants to. he is already in private school so will not miss out either way (although paying the fees is a stretch and it would be awesome to save some money lol).

So...any experiences? good bad? what were the tutors like?

tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My parents bought it for me, it was ok at first but eventually i got bored and stopped using it. Tutors arent as readily available as they claim. But i guess it depends on why you want it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks for the quick response!

How long ago was this? And how old were you when you started/stopped using it?

did you find the menu systems a bit tedious? that is one of my concerns!

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default CAMI software education tools

Never get in to this trap, No one says any good about them except thire own posts,

Just think of one thing - You are after a educational programm for a Child, Who can say they will like it for the next 4 years, It is going to be good enough, but just after cooling off period - 14 days, there is no way of cancelling I am in for more than a year & my children does not use it But no way of cancelling just keep paying.

imagine howmany things could change over the years, but you can not stop a tution program, because this is not started with good faith, they have covered all possible avenues with their small print.

DO NOT SIGN - THAT IS YOUR END !!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default boring muchhh

my parents bought cami software and i got sooo sick of it. i thought it was gonna be fun! waste of $60.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dont get it!

We got this program for our 4 ch'n. Doesn't match Australian curriculum, English program contains spelling errors, it's not fit for purpose. Very hard to get out of the contract. I've finally had to contact bank and close account to stop the direct debits after I spent three weeks trying to contact Cami Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought the cami program for my kids, they find it very boring and if they haven't covered something in maths yet it doesn't explain how to work out the sums. It is also very expensive with cheaper programs out there. Mathletics is a good program that most of the schools use, which I have signed my children up to privately as we homeschool.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default share with proof for bad experience

Quote Originally Posted by Kayta View Post
    We got this program for our 4 ch'n. Doesn't match Australian curriculum, English program contains spelling errors, it's not fit for purpose. Very hard to get out of the contract. I've finally had to contact bank and close account to stop the direct debits after I spent three weeks trying to contact Cami Australia.
    Hi Kayta and all others, thanks for sharing and expressing your genuine opinion regarding the cami software how bad it is for the family. It does not match with Queensland school curriculum.
    Presently I am fighting a court battle with them and need some proof of families who are affected with this software. can you please send me email with your contact details (if required to be contacted). I need some proof to prove that its not just me who is affected and also need to stop this scam type software for all Australian family. my email address is ashwinergon@gmail.com.
    thanks in advance for your support.

Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Cami Educational Software Issues

Hi my name is Michelle and i am in the Northern Territory and signed up for this programme four years ago and have been cheated out of thousands of dollars of money have had no help, no access and no support or phone calls. Dared to withdraw and all they did was threaten me with being sued but still nothing. My daughter has actually done fine without it now and all i want is a full refund. If you want any more information feel free to contact me at convey4@bigpond.com