+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Leaking itti bitti tutto?

Hi All

I am new to using MCN nd have bought some tutto's for my 7.5mth old, she prob weighs about 7.7kg, so have set the tutto on medium setting as according to sizing. She is quite a petite little girl, so have tried different settings but they still leak. Around the legs and sometimes up the top. I know they are a high rise, have set the soaker for a boy as when using disposbales they were always wetter at the front and top. Still seem to leak any suggestions?

Cheers Mel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have the inserts been prewashed to get the absorbency up?

Otherwise, for the top leaks - are the inserts tucked into the pul nicely and are there any clothes wicking moisture out?

What booster combination are you using?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I found the tuttos always leaked for me I tried everything, the thing about mcn Is sometimes it dosnt matter what you do that particular nappy might not work for you.... I use the d'lish religiously though
    Keep trying and if you can't get them to work sell them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maximum22 For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (01-11-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply guys. I have washed them a couple of times, haven't been using them very long, maybe they need a fe more washes before the max absorbancy is reached. How often should i try to change her for now..every 2-3hrs? She isn't a very bid wetter.

Hopefully they will eventually work out as I bought 12 of these and would hate to waste them and not use..

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just got some tuttos (not that I need them!) and find they are fab! I agree with PP, wash them a few more times and if they still leak maybe they just aren't a good fit!

Tuttos still have a great resale on the FB site, I'd buy a few off you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hakuna matata

I am goign to give them a few more tries and washes...had one leak this morning had only been on for about 1.5hrs. She is starting to move around commando crawling nso been on her belly doesn't help. I might need a nappy with a slightly higher rise as these are very low.

Also how tight should they be on...I am using the hip hugger snap and they seem to be snug (can still get my finger in) but she is left with marks some quiet red around her legs. If I do them looser they tend to leak more...so confused.

Maybe these just arent for her. Might buy a d'lish or two and give them a go and see what happens. Maximum22 did you find the d'lish are a higher rise? Where were the tuttos leaking for you. Amali is quite long, any other ideas appreciated. Have just tried setting current nappy on large so it sits slightly higher..fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I personally love the tuttos. But as pp have said it is different for each bub. And also changes as they grow.
    I bought trial packs and second hand of a heap of varieties to see what worked for us.
    I then bought more of what I liked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The d'lish range are a slightly lower rise than the tutto. We use both the tutto & d'lish w dd and love the tutto. I fasten it v snug around the leg and then run my finger along elastic to ensure it is fitting correctly around inner leg rather than over thigh area at all. I really hope they start working 4 u after buying so many..
    Setting it to the larger size sounds like a good idea. How did u go? We go 3hrs w dd between changes thru day. I also use them of a night. She wears it from 6-2 and then I change her and she wears it from 2-7 with no leaks will change to a night nappy when she decides to sleep thru..
    Last edited by mummy7; 18-04-2011 at 19:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also if she is a fast weer maybe a microfibre booster would be better as it will absorb faster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got the itti bitti tutto, at first I loved it. Especially the snap together and how you can un snap it for quick drying time. The other day I found that little one was left with crinkles over her privates from the crinkles in the fabric I hated seeing that. I forgot to snap the nappy down to the medium setting like I am supposed to do for her weight. And it fit alot better on her. I do not have a chubba bubba and still I find the sizing small for my DD.

For trouble shooting tips you can find them on Youtube. Make sure you are putting the leg part of the nappy in the undie line. As per youtube clip, it fixed my problem and also the recommended number of pre washes helped solved my problem.

Im waning in my love of this nappy though. It seems too small. So thinking of selling my itti bitti tutto used only 3 times. Thought these were going to be great.

Anyanka