+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Gaining weight while breastfeeding

Well after I had DD I was 54kgs, I know breastfeeding is meant to help with losing weight, but i don't want to, if anything I need/want to gain more weight. I eat all the time, healthy food/junk food and hope i can gain something, but unfortunately its not happening. DD is almost 5 months old, and in the last 4-5months I'm now down to 47kgs. How can I can weight? Do I have to give up breastfeeding in order to do that? Cause I really don't want to, me and DD both enjoy it. Do I have to wait til after I stop breastfeeding in order to gain weight? If my weight drops anymore, is it a good idea to keep breastfeeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I gained weight whilst breastfeeding! But then again I've never had a problem gaining. I think if you want to keep breastfeeding (I did with both my kids til they gave up at about 20 months) thats a great idea. Talk to your early childhood nurse or your GP about trying to gain some weight . Your baby will be getting all the good things from your milk whatever your weight.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to quitecontrary For This Useful Post:

sweetums89  (13-04-2011)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bumping this

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know a lady who was in a similar situation. She spoke to her gp and he gave her a special diet with increAsed good fats and some kind of shake too. Good luck. I'm jealous of your problem lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetums89 View Post
    Well after I had DD I was 54kgs, I know breastfeeding is meant to help with losing weight, but i don't want to, if anything I need/want to gain more weight. I eat all the time, healthy food/junk food and hope i can gain something, but unfortunately its not happening. DD is almost 5 months old, and in the last 4-5months I'm now down to 47kgs. How can I can weight? Do I have to give up breastfeeding in order to do that? Cause I really don't want to, me and DD both enjoy it. Do I have to wait til after I stop breastfeeding in order to gain weight? If my weight drops anymore, is it a good idea to keep breastfeeding?
    How did you go? I see this is an old thread... Are you still bf? I was going to suggest adding sustagen or similar but perhaps I'm too late?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This Is me too! I went to the drs and found I have a hyperactive thyroid. Not saying you have the same thing, but it's worth checking out.
    I thought I was amazing losing my baby weight and then some just by breastfeeding! Now looking into gaining a bit of weight too.