+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For **** sake!! Im going to use this as a vent area for the next 5 mins...

ITS NOT MY JOB!! Ive been to the GP and the hospital today, chasing referals that the GP wont write, and an appointment with a Pead who may not even exist. ******* over it!! If people did their JOB correctly i wouldnt have to chase this **** up!
    And while im at it, to DSQ and the GP, if my child is acting like a 'hyperactive' and 'high maintance' child, do something friggen constructive instead of pointing out the freaking obvious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Had a fun day Peta? shoits you hey. Kane is getting out of his hyperactivity on a daily basis but it certainly is there , rearing its ugly head....esp when required to wait over an hour to see a doc in waiting room.
    Well report form his special school teacher is we are definately behind in fine motor skills and speech....well yes i kinda knew both of that
    we have trouble sitting still and concentrating...see above
    we dont listen very well...again see above.
    so not really any clearer on that front

my friends son went for an mri the other day. She is quite upset and confused. it revealed a part of the brain (which she cant remember) is unresponsive. any one dealt with that before. pretty sure mri was initially for closed fontal skull. he is approx 10 months old.
    ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    aww sue thats sad for your friend xox

Alex cant sit and concentrate either. I spoke to DSQ about it yesterday and the only comment i got was 'she's high maintanance'.

Ive got some 'homework' books for alex, those work books for 3-4 yr olds etc from bigW and the like. I know for a fact that if Alex could sit there for longer than 2-3 minutes then she'd do brilliantly at it. But she cant and i have no idea how to entend her concentration. Any ideas??

So school really didnt say anything helpful?? lol. *sigh*

Alex has her iep in about 3 weeks so that will be interesting .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    Hi ladies.

Ive got a question, do you know of anyone who makes/can make these:
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...erbeanbags.jpg

I cant fathom spending $30+ for them, i just cant afford it, but i think Alex would love them!!

I'd also love to get her one of these: (but with 'what Im doing today' - school, kindy, OT etc options) http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...zICLNHc_12.jpg

Theres so many cool things lol!!
    The best thing to do is look up place that sell toys and things that you are looking for .for sn children .there are a few on the net

Thanks
    Reviews
    friend texted me the results of mri. something about csf (the fluid) is in gaps of the fossa (which is part of skull i think) and the temperol lobe hasnt developed properly and something about a cyst. she is off to see nuero next week. I've just done brain anatomy with my uni course and the temperol lobe is responsible for language...among other things. her son has started to talk so i am hoping its minor damage.
    Peta. kanes teacher said to read to Kane (would if he would sit still) and ask him what it was about. So instead he likes watching bananas in pjs. so after the show i ask who did the bananas visit? what did they eat? etc. Teacher also said just try get him involved in an activity even if just for 2 mins. than say one more and lots of praise.
    those 3-4 age books Kane wouldnt have a clue. Depresses me every time i pick one up lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    So... Lucky we got our suction machine yesty.

Bree was making her usual breathing noises (sounds like she's in distress 24/7). All of a sudden she was purplish red in the face and blue around the mouth and hands. Her arms and legs were thrashing and she was trying to cry. I freaked out, but then realised she'd vomited earlier so I thought it was probably a blockage not an attack. I laid her down and suctioned her. A big glob of milky phlegm came up and she gooed and went back pink again. OMG! What an experience. I don't know what I would have done if suctioning hadn't worked. Our o2 hasn't been set up yet. And there's no way we'd make it to hospital in time

Sent from my i (couldn't live without it) Phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Far out Kiz! Couldnt have been better timing!! xox Glad Bree is ok

I cant believe your having to fight so much for o2 and a sats monitor. Actually, i can believe it, but i hate it!

Im waiting for monday, and hopefully a phone call from dsq in regards to seeing the pead for ASD assesment. The sooner the better. I can just imagine the differance funding could do for Alex.

In the mean time, she's got a nasty cold
    Any one got any suggestions on how to keep a kid like Alex STILL enough to actually rest?>? She wont get better if she's running around crazy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, thought I would drop in and say hi and venture out of the ASD chat for a min...

Been a few busy weeks aspect diagnosed my DD from PDD to autism so that's both of them now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LivinOnAPrayer View Post
    Hi ladies.

Ive got a question, do you know of anyone who makes/can make these:
    http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...erbeanbags.jpg

I cant fathom spending $30+ for them, i just cant afford it, but i think Alex would love them!!

I'd also love to get her one of these: (but with 'what Im doing today' - school, kindy, OT etc options) http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...zICLNHc_12.jpg

Theres so many cool things lol!!
    Pm me. Ive been making some sensory toys. I can have a go at making them for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    How is everyone?! Our life is a juggling act of appointments, hospital trips and housework. I'm thinking most of us here are like that

I've been making sure I have quality time with Kai lately so he doesn't get jealous of his sister and also to ease my conscience. I feel guilty for the amount of time, effort and money I spend on Bree and I feel like I'm missing out on seeing him grow up because of it.

What do you do to include your other kids?

Sent from my i (couldn't live without it) Phone