+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so excited - Darcy is now harness free! The doctor said her hips are completely normal (I have never been so happy to hear she is normal!). We will go back for another check up in 3 months to make sure she is still fine.

She didn't know what to do with her legs for the first day but now she has never been happier Her first few baths were also quite an ordeal - she was terrified! I spent a lot of time making them fun with kisses and songs and now she loves them again thank goodness!

Darcy is so happy now - she sleeps better and has even started rolling from her front to her back - I am so proud of her!

I am so grateful that her hip dysplasia was found early and we only had to deal with the harness and not something more invasive. Thanks to everyone here - especially Mrs Molly Coddle - for all your support. It made this so much easier! xx

I've posted a couple more pics of happy Darcy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki1979 For This Useful Post:

curly  (06-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had our babies check up today, and she is going fantastic!! She is getting a new brace in 2 weeks. I think it's called the Dennis Brown brace??? They were going to send us home today with no pavlik harness on her because it has fixed as much as it can, but i told them to leave it on her. I didn't want her to go harness free for 2 weeks and get used to life without it and than have to torture her all over again with a different brace. I hope I made the right decision.
    I met some lovely ladies in the waiting room who are going through the same thing with there babies. Our stories were all the same. After I left I thought, oh i should have got there names so I could at least Facebook them to chat. I regret not doing that.
    So glad everyone's babies are doing perfectly!

Mrs Molly Coddle is offline I've admitted in writing that veve is awesome - eeek she has proof!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awesome news Nikki! I bet she (and you!) are loving it!

Curly let us know how she goes with the DBB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Mrs Molly Coddle!
    My daughter is doing wonderful in the DBB and she is enjoying her one hr of freedom a day!
    I was just wondering though, if this brace doesn't work will that mean surgery? She was in the pavlik harness for 8 weeks and in the DBB for 4 weeks so far. I'm just really scared that if her hips arn't at the stage they are wanting than they will need to do surgery! She is only 4 months old, it's worrying me so much! We have another appointment on Tuesday, I'm hoping there is improvement, I just have a really bad feeling that it's not going to be as good as they hope.
    Fingers crossed that its working!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie in pavlik harness

Hi all,

Glad to have found this thread!

My 4 month old finally diagnosed with mild HD. It's been going on since she was 4 weeks old and has been a roller coaster of "she definately won't need treatment" to "she needs a harness".

we understand we need to treat her even if there is a slight chance of HD but the whole experience has been so upsetting and traumatic. Mainly due to a horrible doctor at the hospital. He more or less said I was overreacting and was being ridiculous by crying when he said she needed the harness and literally shouted me down when I was asking questions. Anyway we are complaining and will never see him again so that parts over.

can any of you tell me how long it took your bub to start getting used to harness? My bub used to be so happy and settled but she cries every hour and just randomly. She's been in for 3 days now. How long was it until you could put bub back on the floor to play happily?

Thanks in advance.

p.s. Bubs is now also screaming in her sleep. Anyone else have this? Do you think she's in pain? Worry about how this whole thing affects her mentally. She used to be so happy
    Last edited by Monkeymoomoo; 23-02-2014 at 22:07.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pavlik Harness

Hi monkeymoomoo.
    It is such a hard experience to get used too but we found our little one coped much better than we did ( I coped worse than my husband), hugs to you and your little one, having a difficult Doctor won't help any situation but thank goodness that is in the past now. From memory it took our bub about 4-6 days to get used to the harness but she quickly grew out of it and needed a different harness called a Rhino Cruiser. At first she was miserable as well and would cry roughly every hour during all her sleeps, my heart broke for her, but once she got used to it she settled very quickly, our bub learnt to roll in her rhino harness, to sit up with pillows behind her and eventually she would stand up in it which looked quite funny as she looked like she was doing the yoga position "downward dog". It will get better and although you will need to adjust how you do things or travel as time goes on you will feel much more confident in the treatment, our bub is now turning 3 soon and runs and jumps and climbs and you would never know something had been wrong. We are expecting number 2 later in the year and will be very proactive in getting this bub checked very early. Good luck, things do get easier with each week and kids are surprisingly adaptable and you will be amazed at what they will still achieve and do while in these harnesses. Thinking of you all. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. It's good to know there are others out there and the treatment is helping. My poor bub had 4 month immunisations too so having rough time. Not surprised she's grumpy.

All the the best with your family. Hope you don't have to go through this again but your bub is very lucky as you have a great attitude.

thanks for listening!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Monkeymoomoo,
    your more than welcome, I was very much like you at the start, very overwhelmed by what was happening and I found great support on this site, it was very hard at first but seeing how well she adjusted made me feel more confident in myself. Thank you and good luck with your little ones treatment, I hope she is starting to feel better. Xxx