+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Question How much does it cost to get locks changed?

I'm moving house on the weekend (renting) and would like to get the locks changed for peace of mind (never know if previous tenants have made extra copies of keys to keep).

Does anyone know how much it costs? Locksmith websites don't seem to mention the prices.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Expensive! You could do it yourself - trip to Bunnings.

I'm not sure on the real estate agent's perspective on this, I guess you'd have to provide copies of all keys to them and prob the owner, and get permission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    It depends on how many locks really. Its always cost me less than $200 for up to 5 doors. Call a few locksmiths and ask for a rough quote. Some are exxy as.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Nietzsche View Post
    Expensive! You could do it yourself - trip to Bunnings.

I'm not sure on the real estate agent's perspective on this, I guess you'd have to provide copies of all keys to them and prob the owner, and get permission.
    It's just 2 locks, there's only 2 entry points to the unit. The estate agent will be fine as long as I give them a copy. I work in real estate and we have tenants changing the locks all the time, they just get a key cut to give to the office and we're happy.

Looks like I'll have to just ring around and get quotes, might give the guy my office uses a call, he might do mates rates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have always done it myself. Just had to give real estate a copy. The locks are easy to install and cost around $30-$40 each

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did it with this place through the real estates locksmith/handyman and it cost around $70 I think? for a front and back door, one with a deadlock.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You may contact Locksmith coconut creek,they are affordable.I hire them for my locked door problem and they cost me about £30-£50 ish.