Closed Thread
Page 85 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 977
  1. #841
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked
    671
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    I am using them in March. I have picked my gorgeous young donor well actually Genevieve matched her to me and I am very happy with her profile I am skyping this week with Genevieve as well. The whole process has been relatively easy thus far for me. @Chyna I am sorry you ended up in hospital. How awful. I heard the pain was bad you poor thing. @Heyside nothing further to report for me still hoping AF will come soon should go a long way in clearing the HCG. I will prob ring the clinic next week if nothing has changed. How are you going?
    Wow that's exciting Maxwellsmum. Do you mind if I ask what made you make the final decision. We are almost ready to sign up after a big change of heart in the past few days...being away from our young sons for too long, unpaid time off work and the not-known option just wasn't sitting right with us. I've emailed Genevieve today but her mailbox is too full and the email has bounced back. How long after you paid did you get your donor options to choose from and how many were there?

  2. #842
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked
    671
    Reviews
    0
    @Maxwellsmum also since they're known do you get to see adult pics straight up?

  3. #843
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked
    6,888
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @Maxwellsmum also since they're known do you get to see adult pics straight up?
    I was already planning on using donor embryos this year as I have had 8 failed transfers using my own embryos and Warren is my last chance doctor and he has said a few times to me about using donor embryos. We tried last year with my OE's through Warren and came so close but not close enough. I actually read about travelling donors on here while scrolling the SA thread on the night that I found out my last cycle was a blighted ovum. I didn't want to go overseas as I dislike long flights but I have no one here that would/could donate for me so it looked like my only option was overseas but then I found out about travelling donors and it was already decided, I was doing it. It is not an easy decision to use DE's that is for sure but I think that since I have been considering it for a while now that once your happy to move to that step it is just a matter of how you will do it and for me a huge bonus is that Warren is going to be the specialist for both of us. Another concern I had with going overseas was if it doesn't work I have to go again and again where as with the travelling donor you get to keep all the embryos produced by your donor. One of my main factors in donor choice was that she had to be a proven donor. I sent Travelling Donors through a profile of me and hubby our likes/dislikes ect and 4 photos of us and from there Genevieve sent me a match that she thought would be perfect based of what I had told her and she was. I only looked at the one and it included two pages of adult photos of the donor as well as a profile on her and her family history.
    I haven't paid anything yet. I tried to email Genevieve today as well and yes her inbox is full, hopefully she will empty it tonight.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),MamaKes  (07-01-2016)

  5. #844
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    1,624
    Thanked
    3,679
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Maxwellsmum was this all organized through qfg? (Sorry been following quietly with interest. )

  6. #845
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked
    6,888
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @Maxwellsmum was this all organized through qfg? (Sorry been following quietly with interest. )

    No Warren's nurse knows a bit about it but to begin with I emailed Genevieve from Travelling Donors. Warren's rooms sent me the web address but you can just google travelling donors or known donors and basically you arrange it all with Genevieve she has been really great sending me through a brochure explaining it and then emailing me back with further information on what I need to do. I can email you the brochure if you PM me your email address. It has their fees
    and explains how known donors works, the legalities in Queensland, frequently asked Q's ect.

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (07-01-2016),MamaKes  (07-01-2016),Tinachris  (07-01-2016)

  8. #846
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    935
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked
    574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thread jumping- sorry guys. I've just seen this and I am keen to get info on the travelling donors. Sounds like a great alternative to going overseas. Is it all arranged by travelling donors or does wazza arrange some of this too?
    @Maxwellsmum if it's not too much hassle could your please pm me the details too? Thank you

  9. #847
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,221
    Thanks
    1,563
    Thanked
    6,888
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Keiko2012 it is easier for me to email it through as they emailed it to me so if you PM me your email I can email through the information booklet. It is arranged primarily by travelling donors with Warren and Scott Salisbury?? managing the cycles (from what I have been told).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko2012 View Post
    Thread jumping- sorry guys. I've just seen this and I am keen to get info on the travelling donors. Sounds like a great alternative to going overseas. Is it all arranged by travelling donors or does wazza arrange some of this too?
    @Maxwellsmum if it's not too much hassle could your please pm me the details too? Thank you

  10. #848
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    935
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked
    574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry mustn't have read that properly! Will send you a pm.

  11. #849
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,391
    Thanks
    1,624
    Thanked
    3,679
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh thankyou but I feel like I'd be jumping the gun abit but I know where to find you if I need to in the future 😊not quite ready to go down that path. Just find it fascinating so many women seem to fly overseas and I just assumed it was because it's impossible to get donor eggs in Australia. Clearly there are options I didn't know existed lol

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

    Chyna  (08-01-2016)

  13. #850
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland
    Posts
    355
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked
    671
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwellsmum View Post
    I was already planning on using donor embryos this year as I have had 8 failed transfers using my own embryos and Warren is my last chance doctor and he has said a few times to me about using donor embryos. We tried last year with my OE's through Warren and came so close but not close enough. I actually read about travelling donors on here while scrolling the SA thread on the night that I found out my last cycle was a blighted ovum. I didn't want to go overseas as I dislike long flights but I have no one here that would/could donate for me so it looked like my only option was overseas but then I found out about travelling donors and it was already decided, I was doing it. It is not an easy decision to use DE's that is for sure but I think that since I have been considering it for a while now that once your happy to move to that step it is just a matter of how you will do it and for me a huge bonus is that Warren is going to be the specialist for both of us. Another concern I had with going overseas was if it doesn't work I have to go again and again where as with the travelling donor you get to keep all the embryos produced by your donor. One of my main factors in donor choice was that she had to be a proven donor. I sent Travelling Donors through a profile of me and hubby our likes/dislikes ect and 4 photos of us and from there Genevieve sent me a match that she thought would be perfect based of what I had told her and she was. I only looked at the one and it included two pages of adult photos of the donor as well as a profile on her and her family history.
    I haven't paid anything yet. I tried to email Genevieve today as well and yes her inbox is full, hopefully she will empty it tonight.
    It's interesting to know you've been able to pick your donor before paying. I'm going to try and nail that in the next week or so. Maxwellsmum were her donors all under 30?


 

Similar Threads

  1. 1st appointment with Warren De Ambrosis what to expect
    By tantom in forum Non-IVF fertility assistance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2012, 12:59
  2. Simpsons appreciation thread
    By MothersMilk in forum Movies / Music / Books / TV Chat
    Replies: 200
    Last Post: 02-05-2012, 11:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Babybee Prams
Save $50 in our pre-Christmas sale! All Comet's now only $500. Our bassinet & stroller set includes free shipping AUS wide, $75 free accessories, 18-months warranty & a 9 month free return policy. Check out our new designer range today!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Transition into Parenthood / Calmbirth Sydney
Julie's Transition into Parenthood and Calmbirth courses for pregnant couples will get you ready, prepared and organised for the wonderful birth of your beautiful new baby. Birth Support Doula training provided in 2017 open to all. Call 0401 265 530
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!