Closed Thread
Page 71 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Feeling a bit lost, and trying to cover some new bases after another BFN..
    Unsure if I should be changing FS, if I did, how many of you have travelled to QLD to see DR W? I'm in Melbourne....

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I live in Brissie so didn't travel at all to see him, but I was originally with a different FS and was having no luck. Honestly I'd say the trip from Melbs is entirely worth it! In my first appointment I learnt a crazy amount about fertility and that was after 2 years of treatment so I thought I was already fairly informed! I'm sorry about your BFN. If you can get over to Brissie to see Wazza then you absolutely should in my opinion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Tanej78  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanej78 View Post
    Feeling a bit lost, and trying to cover some new bases after another BFN..
    Unsure if I should be changing FS, if I did, how many of you have travelled to QLD to see DR W? I'm in Melbourne....
    I'm just dropping by to let you know how sorry I am about your latest BFN Luv!! Such a kick in the frucking guts when it keeps happening again and again with no answers!!! Bloody frustrating too not to mention the toll it takes on you physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially!!!

Luv...have you been tested for immune issues?? And I mean thoroughly tested?? Has your oven also been checked out for things like Endo/fibroids/polyps etc??

I'm not sure who your current FS is..(is it LB?? For some reason I think it's her??) but I can tell you that Dr Nick Lolatgis is with Monash and is a FS who believes in immune issues. A lot of the Ladies have consulted with him as they know he'll thoroughly test you for everything as will Dr Gamal Matthias up in Sydney though he's a Reproductive Immunologist and not a FS. In saying that, he does ph consults and a lot of Ladies do that if they can't get up there for a face to face with him as he will do everything remotely such as send pathology request forms for blood tests, scripts etc. If you do have immune issues, he works out a protocol for you to follow when you're Cycling/2WW.

Wazza is another FS who believes and treats immune issues as well as any issues that might be going on in your oven as he's a Gynae and OB too. You'd be in excellent hands with him as well if coming up to Brisbane to see him is possible for you as I know it's not for everyone. He also will Cycle remotely with Ladies but doesn't do ph consults as far as I'm aware. Once you go for your initial appointment, you Cycle remotely getting BT's/scans done locally or through IVF Australia I think?? then fly back up here for EPU and either stay until transfer or fly back in/out depending on what works best for you.

IMO it never hurts to go and get a second or even 3rd opinion as a fresh set of eyes can sometimes make the difference especially if you consult with an open minded FS who believes in the controversial stuff like immune issues. I think of them as "all rounders". At least you'll know you'll be tested for everything and more importantly treated correctly for it if something is picked up.

Good Luck Luv...Am and sending prayers to the Universe you'll get over the line on your next Cycle

P.S....From what I'm reading here on BH it seems that Wazza's wait list is pretty long. If you do make an appointment with him, ask to go on the Cancellation list as you'll no doubt get in a lot quicker.

In fact, I'd recommend you do that if you end up consulting with any of the doctors I've mentioned here.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 16-12-2015 at 06:36.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

LittleDove  (16-12-2015),MamaKes  (16-12-2015),Tanej78  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LittleDove & @BlondeinBrisvegas thank you...

just in that limbo of not sure where to go next, because I honestly think we've crossed most bridges!

Dr LB is my 4th FS ... I had previous NKC uterus biopsy w Dr Sacks earlier this year... DR LB found MTHFR mutation I didn't know about and high ANA. She has also done scratch and had that tested for NKC neither test come back as high. BUT we still work to a immune protocol, ive been on clexane, pred, intralipids...

I've had a phone consult last week (day of transfer) with Dr M.. so still need to follow that up.. Just after 8.5 years, 3 years of IVF this is my 5th blast transfer this year... We have 1 in the freezer from this cycle but won't know if its PGD normal til the new year... DH works away for us to afford IVF we've thrown so much money at it, now its starting to wear thin getting nowhere quickly...

I might call and see what the WL is like for Wazza as a backup..

Thanks for listening to my whoah is me xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tanej 78 I ditto what Blondeinbrisvegas has said abt Dr Wazza... we went to see him on Nov.. affer 4 failed blast transfers with LB...and what a man he is ! ... we even saw NL in mel .. but we thought we will do one last fresh cycle with LB .. and then may be see Wazza .. so now I m in the tww .. WAZZA and LB don't believe in the partial dq alpha match that wr have affecting implantation. ...they believe in improving the embryo quality....Except for the LIT treatment NL suggested, which even Wazza was not in favour of. . We have also thrown in everything in this cycle.. but honestly I m not hopeful ..so used to failures by now.. but hun there is no harm in flying up to see him .. xx

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-12-2015),Charlie74  (16-12-2015),Tanej78  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tanej78 I am with Wazza. I love him and K.ate his nurse . All his girls are brilliant. And as you know he almost got me there this time after so many previous fails. He will be brutally honest with you. If he thinks your eggs or embryos are **** he will tell you. If he thinks your husband has issues he will squeeze his balls to find out more quite literally. He will do tonnes of tests ect before you cycle with him. His wait list is long ATM but he is worth the wait. I waited 8 months. I travel from Townsville to Brisbane to see him as well it is super easy as K.ate will step you through it all. I usually just fly there on the day, catch the train to Cental, climb what I term as been Mount Everest but is actually just an uphill 5 minute walk to his offices to get my bloods done then I walk to the day clinic take my Valium get my embryo and catch a cab back to the airport to fly home.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-12-2015),Tanej78  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just don't forget to ask about the cancellation list Tanej78. When I rang at the end of Sept I got an apt for March next yet, but had a call within a week to go see him. He is a great man and will give it to you straight.... told us to give up on OE and look to DE, but at the same time he was still very supportive of getting us through one last cycle with OE. Like you my partner works away which is the only reason we can throw as much money at this as we have. We just felt that we couldn't finally get to see Warren (our third FS) and not give the guru a go. He has been wonderful and like I said, even though we went against his advice to do this last cycle, he has given it everything, we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Good luck!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-12-2015),Tanej78  (16-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know when I rang a few months ago there was no suggestion of another Dr, but the paperwork came out to me with a notification that he would be doing planning and management of cycles, but not so much EPU or Transfers. I think he'll find it very hard to step too far away. I know Charlotte Mooring (I think) will be doing the majority of the EPU's and transfers and she is lovely. She did a few of my scans while Warren was away.
    Last edited by Gen72; 16-12-2015 at 13:39.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you so much for your replies guys...
    DH is so supportive, but he works 12 hours a day for 23 days straight in some ridiculous conditions, so when it comes to making a desicion its really hard to try and have a proper conversation with a bad phone line, and he kind of leans it back to me because its my body going through the most of it...

Gives me all food for thought... I've made an appointment to see DR LB on Friday and will ring now and see when I can get in to see Dr W

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 I just made an appointment, spoke to Claire she was lovely but first available 24 August... I'm also on the cxxl waitlist x

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanej78 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-12-2015),Charlie74  (16-12-2015)