Closed Thread
Page 70 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Ladies I'm looking for some advice...I have terrible heartburn/indigestion. I'm guessing its a side effect to one if not a few of the many drugs but I've never experienced heartburn before, so I'm guessing that is what it is. It woke me up at 1:30am this morning and since then I've had indigestion all day today. Its not like it was when it woke me this morning, but it is relentless.

Any suggestions on what is good to ease it? I've tried warm drinks, cold drinks... fizzy drinks, water... eating doesn't even seem to stop it hehehe. Lying down... sitting up....I just hope I can get some sleep tonight or it could be a long night

All suggestions appreciated.
    What about a big drink of milk Luv??

Get yourself some Gaviscon/Zantac tabs asap!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (12-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep sorry left out the milk... might have to be a quick trip to the 7-11 for one of those... or are they only available at the chemist?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    I've found gaviscon to be the best. I almost gave myself an ulcer 6mths ago by swallowing doxcycline with too little water.. For a whole week I was in agony with indigestion type pain!! Urrgh it was horrific... I bought mylanta tablets, & quick ease, and in the end it was one of my patients at work who told me she prefers gaviscon as it worked best for her. I tried it and she was right. It's over the counter @ the chemist. But mylanta might do the trick for you too.

Milk can actually make ur heartburn worse, the fat in it causes ur stomach to produce more acid which then will cause more pain... Been telling my dad that for years but he still insists on drinking milk when he gets indigestion in the middle of the night! 😣
    Also avoid caffeinated drinks, anything spicy, or greasy. And sleep with the top half of ur body elevated, just use a few extra pillows.
    Weird...milk actually helped ease mine!!!😁

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (13-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Yep sorry left out the milk... might have to be a quick trip to the 7-11 for one of those... or are they only available at the chemist?
    I don't know about the 7-11 Luv as I've never looked specfically for it???...though they'd sell those Quick-eze chewable tablets I'd imagine??

Definitely the chemist or Coles etc for Zantac. Supermarkets also sell Gaviscon too. I found lying on my left hand side sometimes helped also.

Hope you're feeling better this morning Luv😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    No go at the 7-11 last night... was too late for anything else. Managed to get some sleep though so not too bad. Fingers crossed no sign of it this morning... but I have just had breakfast. I think I'll get some of that gaviscon to have on hand.

Thanks again.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-12-2015),Gagingi  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I have a quick question for those of you who've had a positive result and was or are on the wazza pharmacy of meds. I've been on the lot for NK cells so the clexane, pred etc. And intralipids too.
    Anyway I'm 11 weeks tmrw and can start weaning- yay!! I just wanted to know when you stopped your vitamins? I have a plan for the prescribed meds (which still makes me nervous as I know these meds are what helped me get here in the first place!) But am currently taking zinc, megafol 5, vitamin c (I had an sch the vitamin c was to help with this), fish oil 1000mg and low dose aspirin. I'm also on a pregnancy multi which I will continue (couldn't stomach the berocca ). Your help is greatly appreciated 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I stopped all the random stuff once I had fully weaned the progesterone support. This was on my ob instruction and she works closely with Warren.

It was an amazing day!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    I stopped all the random stuff once I had fully weaned the progesterone support. This was on my ob instruction and she works closely with Warren.

It was an amazing day!!!
    Thanks @mummymaybe. I did ask my OB about it when I saw her on Friday but then we got talking about something else and I realized after I didn't get an answer. From today I cut down from 3 to 2 pessaries which is great as that one in the middle of the day while working is always a hard one!! Also cutting down on my Provera from today which I'm excited about as I was put on 300mg a day up from 80mg a day when I had my bleed from a sch. Huge dose! It's all a bit worrying when you know these drugs helped you get pregnant and kept you pregnant, but I know the placenta is starting to take over now so I need to keep telling myself it's up to my body now! How far along are you now lovely?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is scary @Ree888 but my goodness it is lovely to only be taking a pregnancy vitamin! We are 16 weeks, I can't believe how fast it is going. You must be 11 or 12 weeks to be weaning? That is so exciting, great milestone to reach.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (14-12-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    It is scary @Ree888 but my goodness it is lovely to only be taking a pregnancy vitamin! We are 16 weeks, I can't believe how fast it is going. You must be 11 or 12 weeks to be weaning? That is so exciting, great milestone to reach.
    Yes 11 weeks today 😊 feels good but I'm still so nervous!! Saw a very healthy looking baby on Friday with a great heartbeat but I still can't help but worry something bad is going to happen. Next scan is the nuchal one which is on the 29th of December - I will be 13w1d then, and if all is good I'm really hoping I can relax after that!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (14-12-2015)