Closed Thread
Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Parking station behind building.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

OneLove  (01-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know, it's unbelievable! With all our 'bad luck' over the last couple of years, it's very hard to believe we caught a bit of a lucky break today. At first she said the next appointment was in December, which I was prepared for but then something happened and she asked if I could get there this arv.

Unfortunately, my DP is actually still away and wont be back for 2 more weeks (FIFO) but she said at least I could get the ball rolling.

Can I ask what I should expect at this app?

Quote Originally Posted by lineyb73 View Post
    I always got a park on wickham terrace or one of the side streets but most of my appts were morning. On the odd arvo appt I.sometimes parked at the roma st gardens and walked but not nice weather for that. There is a parking station behind from memory. Dont forget street is meter parking and you pay first. Yay for getting an appt so soon

Sent from my GT-S5570 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you go today at your appt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How did you go. We probably should have warned you on wazzas unique personality but you would now that by now. I always said he chats to you like you are sitting in a pub chatting over a beer but he knows his stuff and I always repected his honesty. Hope it all went ok

Sent from my GT-S5570 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole and liney, I was just about to update and yes, he certainly is unique! At one point I was told to have 2 scotch with my painkillers for a procedure he was talking about me having!!!! I laughed but he assured me he was serious! He also kept calling my son Rooster haha and told me in no uncertain terms that not drinking coffee while pregnant but Bullsh!t lmaoIt was great! I'm a little overwhelmed at all the info I have to take in and all the tests we have to have done and exactly when and where!So basically starting over with testing and focusing more on DP which is great. I have to get heaps of bloods and check my egg reserve ect...He's given me an idea of what vitamins and drugs I'll be on and what vitamins for DP to take too. I'll be on clexane, aspirin and a steroid for a start which is what I've been pushing for with no luck with past Drs so I'm so happy about that. He's taking my ANA seriously which is just awesome!He wants to do some investigative procedures as well but we'll see about that.He did a pap and internal ultrsound and some sort of other swab ect. I was a little taken aback by how casual he was about it all but then at the same time I didn't really feel too awkward... I don't know...that whole experience was a little weird lolAnyway, I feel like more was achieved in the one appointment than in the last 2 years with the other Dr's!!!!I feel as if I've found exactly what I needed. An extremely thorough approach and no nonsense! I feel as if I've now got someone to carry some of this burden. So good.I'm a little worried about costs adding up though which is an annoying concern in the back of my mind. Does anyone know the costs of clexane (40mg per day) and the steroid treatment usually is?Also DP has to have his sperm tested, there are 3 different tests ticked on the form, I think it will be close to $500 or so. Does anyone know how much you get back on these tests?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just snuck in to see how you went too. Clexane is on the PBS, for 20 it will be $36.10 or $5.90 if you have any concession cards. If you need a larger quantity ask the dr to call Medicare for an authority script so it's the same price.

I have thought a lot about Wazza and if my next cycle fails I want a consult with 'mr second opinion'. It's a shame because all my FS work with him but I'm at the low cost clinic so don't get the same level of service.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'll also be on an anti-inflammatory called feldene...

Hi Ngaiz - Thank you for the info on clexane!

I would definitely recommend Dr Warren if you are looking into seeing someone else. Sooo pro-active!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy you are getting some answers onelove! It feels fantastic when you have a great proactive doc. Fingers crossed it all goes well for you xo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to timetoshine For This Useful Post:

OneLove  (02-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes I love the frank conversations mine went like this " sounds like you have left your run too late. Do you have sisters? Are they younger than you? " nothing is sugar coated. Glad you got in, the costs can add up, my son was very expensive but a price I would pay over and over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know his opinion on acupuncture?