Hey MusicalGal - Thanks for that! Age related egg issues are also our problem. Warren didn't give us much hope and really feels our best way to have a baby is to go the O/S DE option. We figured that we have to do at least one cycle with Warren after finally getting to see him. So we had our day 6 visit with yesterday and we've decided to through everything at this cycle and we're also using the scitropin...gives me a little bit of hope to hear that you had success with it. Warren discovered from the Hysteroscopy that I've had an mild infection recently and my right tube was blocked...however I had a Hysteroscopy & Laparoscopy in May with another Dr and my tubes were both fine and had a tiny bit of Endo that he got rid of. So who knows when I got this infection and blocked tubes and if that had any effect on my 2 cycles since then. We also found out that I was positive for the NK cells (8 & 56 I think that is what they are) so we are also doing intralipids which I start on Wednesday. Also makes you wonder if any of the other Dr's had bothered to offer any other treatment things may have been different for us. Seems you have the perfect outcome...fingers crossed we are as lucky....we can only dream about sitting here a month from now with the same news we'd be delighted with twins...would be a fantastic early Christmas present.
Heyside - sorry you're having to go back again, sometimes it’s worse to get the positive only to have it gone again. My first Dr was only ever happy to put back one embryo, even at my age. My second Dr was happy to put back 3 embryos, however neither of them were willing to try a different protocol or investigate any further and usually did a transfer prior to day 5. If I'm lucky to have some day 5 embryos I'd be happy to put them ALL back... well maybe not all, but at least 2 and maybe 3.
MamaKes - I'm so sorry it was no good for you. I know it is so hard to make the decision to stop trying with your own eggs. We were like that also, then my sister who had offered to be our donor and was getting older pretty much gave us a window of Sept & Oct so that pushed us... and then turned out that her eggs were worse than mine. Our turning point came when we finally got our apt with Warren and he gave us some cold hard truths. That's when we decided that this is it, we've done all we can do and if doesn't work we'll regroup and decided in the new year if we'll continue our baby journey and go O/S or just accept life without children.
Last edited by Gen72; 30-11-2015 at 08:21.
@MamaKes - Sorry to hear the IUI was a bust hun its so frustrating isn't it.
@Gen72 - Good luck with this new cycle hun hope the scitropin helps. Hoping that it helps that warren found something at your hysteroscopy and that can be dealt with. I feel the same about twins would somehow make this long wait worthwhile and complete our family.
AFM - Still waiting around for af after the chemical with no signs, going for a bt on Friday to see what's going on.
Heyside. That's ok. I'm ok with it now, wasn't earlier. I'm on day 2 of new cycle and have promised DH to do nothing this cycle, no IVF, no IUI, no clomid, nothing. Feels weird. I'm scared the golden egg will drop the one time I'm not trying. But it will be a relief to be off the hormone and feel myself again.
What's scitropin? Gen72 is that something new Warren is trying??
Hi there Wazza appreciators!
I'm new. My appointment with Wazza is next April, but I am also on the cancellation list. I'm 40, DH is 38 - have been trying for our first for a couple of years now with no results at all. We've had two cycles with another clinic, and although I was a 'great responder' in some senses for my age (17 eggs first time, 13 eggs second time, fertilisation a-ok), we got no blastocysts. Existing FS started pushing the ED route quite hard at our WTF appointment. DH is dead set against ED, so it's time for a second opinion - any why not go for the best, right??
MamaKes scitropin is growth hormone... its like everything else some say it has some benefit, some say no. I don't think it is new, but Warren says it is totally up t you if you want to use it.
Hey Rubywoohoo....I also didn't have an appt until March 2016, but got a call within a week for an earlier apt.... fingers crossed you will too. Warren will certainly give it to you straight and if he feels your best option is DE then he will tell you. And it certainly takes a bit to get your head around the fact that if you want to have a baby you have to use DE. But it is a process you have to go through and you'll make the right decision for you in your own time....good luck!
A little update from me....biopsy from Hysteroscopy showed elevated NK cells. So increased to 25mg of prednisone and doing intralipids, 1st one down was Wednesday and will be increasing clexane after transfer to 60mg. 11day scan indicated 12 follicles so fingers crossed that the DHEA & all the other magic potions has done something so that we get at least one good one in there. Pick up will be Thu or Fri, day 14 scan tomorrow so will get definite pick up day.
Sorry double post.
Last edited by Heyside; 30-11-2015 at 09:02.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!