Closed Thread
Page 63 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lilypily first round with DE... hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I wish we had actually been with Warren for my sisters cycle, we are just doing the FET with Warren. Then make the decision if it doesn't work, whether or not to do one last OE cycle with Warren.

Hey Charlie74 it actually what it sounds like, getting ice/icepack on his b@lls. My partner has no issues and Warren suggested he do this also, so it couldn't hurt.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas! I need all the prayers and thoughts I can as I understand IUI over 40 isn't strong odds! But I just have to do 'something' you know?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Charlie74 the icing is just a recommendation from Wazza to help along the sperm production I think. My DH has low motility and mobility and some of his samples have been very viscous (so we're told). DH doesn't mind too much. I suppose the coolness helps them keep at the right temp as my DH is in IT so he's always got devices on his lap or near it. Plus he often gets stressed and this results in night sweats - aka terrible for the swimmers.
    Ps we've Baby danced more often since the icing began so maybe that's also a stimulation thing? Who knows? I'm going with it 😉

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh forgot to answer your other question - he just uses a cold gel back and sticks under them inside his jeans while he's sitting watching TV for as long as he can tolerate - then moves the ice pack to outside his jeans when it gets too cold. About 15mins once daily is enough!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Charlie74  (28-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just wondering does Warren ever check Ureaplasma? Does he treat it before your IVF cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    While I'm not familiar with urea plasma I can safely say Warren will treat ANYTHING that may impact your fertility. He always sems very focused on treating you individually tweaking your protocol to suit as required.
    I also found him very receptive to any concerns I had in regards to *possible* causes.
    In my own experience I had previously seen a different FS for a number of years who kept disregarding my concern that I had immune issues impacting my fertility. She had positive point blank refused to try me on additional medication, citing that I didn't 'fit the recognised criteria', even going so far as to tell me it was 'illegal' for her to use on me because of this said criteria. She had set protocol and would not deviate from them. Her continual refusal ( and further research on my part ) is what lead me to seek a second opinion with Warren.

At my initial consult with Warren I mentioned the possibility of using the additional medication and he agreed and said it was worth investigating and trying. He also was quite discrete in saying there was no such 'criteria' to stop him prescribing the medication. Warren seemed very open to me being involved in deciding the direction of my treatment plan. He literally is willing to try anything to get you your bfp. It's why people (particularly other medical professionals) describe him as a 'maverick'. I also liked that he was was willing to keep trying other alternatives but was also honest with you if he thought you were wasting your time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (10-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies...been pretty hectic. We made a spare of the moment decision to go to Melbourne a couple of weeks ago and then we had my brothers wedding weekend before last.

Well our DE FET for 3 Nov was cancelled . As Warren suspected the embryo didn't continue to grow to day 5. Although it was sad we really were prepare for the worst.

So we've jumped straight into a long down reg for our last attempt with OE. I had a Hysteroscopy, scratch & lipoidol flush last week. We just going to throw everything at it and give it the very best shot we can. I've been taking DHEA as well as all Warren's supplements and magic potions for a few months now so fingers crossed that something makes a difference.

If all goes well and we get something to transfer, we will even have our results just before Christmas. Pretty nervous actually..... which is strange after being through it that many times. I guess it is just the realisation that this will be it for us as far as our OE and our only other option is DE, probably OS.

One thing I did want to ask you fountains of info...has anyone used Scitropin and did you have any success using it?

MamaKes - how did you go with your IUI? I think you were having it just before I was due to have FET...been thinking of you, fingers crossed. You definitely have some different emotions with so much riding on it when you know it is going to be your last throw of the dice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your dramas gen72, but it sounds like you're onwards and upwards!

Fwiw i used Saizen (scitropin) growth hormone for both my successful transfers with Wazza. For the first one i was 39yo and the research showed it helps. I got ds thru that cycle, but who knows if it was that or the wazza drug cocktail that worked. Next time when we went back for a sibling i was 42yo and wazza said i can use it if i want to pay for it but there's no research on how successful it is on over 40s. We figured it was our last shot and what was $1200 extra dollars 😂. And here i sit 18wks pregnant with twins! At my age fertility is mostly an egg age problem, so I'm inclined to think saizen is worth it. Good luck!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry multiple post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gen72 - Sorry to hear your FET didn't go ahead hun so frustrating. Hope this long down regulated cycle works well for you with the added DHEA.

AFM - just done my IVF cycle with Warren which ended in a non viable pregnancy. It was so nice to see those strong two lines but it all fell apart when my levels weren't rising enough. I now stopped all my meds and waiting for af hope shes not too far away. I am lucky in the fact that we have 5 embies in the freezer so hoping my take home bub is in that stash. Warren also hinted he would put 2 back next time with my history which I sm happy about as you might remember me asking you girls about that before I started with him.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (24-11-2015)