Closed Thread
Page 62 of 98 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gen72 we're in a similar place with Wazza's advice being that our chances with OE is 8.9% compared to 50% with DE. The best we've got in 6 ICCI cycles is 2 fragmented expanding blasts that ended in low betas and early miscarriage at 6 weeks.

Donor recommendation Is not what you want to hear is it? And going down the O/S DE route seems overwhelming and scary. But I can see that with guidance and advice from ladies who have gone down this path and are sitting with babies in their laps today - that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We are giving it one last shot with OE too. Who knows if either of us will regret it? Praying your last cycle ends in a bfp and a beautiful life bought Into the world.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-10-2015),Gen72  (23-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blinky76 did much change between your first and second rounds that you can pinpoint why the second DE try was successful?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (23-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes lilypily (sorry still don't know how to do that thing with your name) that is why we went to Warren, although we were hoping for magic wands and miracles

Thanks
    Reviews
    WOW Blink 4mths and you were there...congrats on your babies, it must be overwhelmingly amazing. Both my partner and I got a little teary when we read that.... and the thought that that could happen for us and we could have a baby or two by the end of next year is a little surreal. I think I have read some of your posts over on the DE page, though I've read so much my head is spinning. Thanks again for your words & thoughts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MamaKes unfortunately Warren has given us less than 8.9%, he gave us maybe 2% compared to 50-60% with DE.

You are spot on that DE is not what you want to hear... is it something that you are considering should your last cycle be unsuccessful?

After hearing stories like Blink's I think maybe we should just do the FET with the embryo we have from my sister and flag the OE cycle and put it towards going O/S early next year... then I think if we aren't going to go O/S until next year, what's the harm in doing one more OE before then end of the year. Arrrgh it is exhausting.

Fingers crossed for you.... Monday will be one step closer to see if FET will be any good.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @Blinky76 did much change between your first and second rounds that you can pinpoint why the second DE try was successful?
    Yes. We changed to a younger proven donor (24 years old).
    I did a full immune protocol under Wazzas guidance (prednisone/ clexane/ intralipids every 10 days - the works basically!) and DH did nothing he was supposed to do 😳 - he drank when he felt like it, he didn't take his Wazza cocktail regularly etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Yes lilypily (sorry still don't know how to do that thing with your name) that is why we went to Warren, although we were hoping for magic wands and miracles
    I also went donor eggs with my sister and got a BFP first round with Wazza on the DE eggs..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Gen72 yes we're doing the one last try with O/E while we consider donor eggs from overseas. I do have to say if the IUI we're doing this week doesn't work I would consider trying Wazza's oestrogen priming protocol once before heading O/S but it would Mean delaying O/s cycle as we'd have to keep saving longer.

How is your cycle going? Any updates? You're doing FET from memory?

I started puregon 450 from
    Saturday (day 6) on top of the progynova and letrozole Wazza has me on - and there is definitely something cooking inside as I've got that swollen tender ovaries feeling.

First scan is this Thursday (day 11) with Charlotte while Wazza is away and then I'm expecting IUI Friday or Saturday or soon after.

I'm following all the supplements list, as is DH, and he's icing his b@lls nightly as directed too!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (27-10-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey MamaKes - yes we are in process for a FET using my sisters egg (not great quality - be surprised if it grows to day 5), but we are also piggy backing a long down reg for possibly doing one last cycle with Warren with OE.

I had my lining check on Monday with Charlotte, was the first time I've met her and she was lovely. I got the 'gold star' of the day...10mm woo hoo me, though I'd rather have better quality eggs. Well be doing our transfer on Tuesday, we could have done it on Saturday at the earliest, but my DP will be going back to work in the next few weeks so we've decided to do a fleeting trip to Melbourne to visit friends and we leave tomorrow and be back Monday.

I've not done a medicated FET and it is pretty full on with all the supplements as well, I rattle when I walk hehe. I'd much rather have the FSH injections than Clexane, this stuff is a killer. I'm sure the needles have been blunted on the concrete and the bruises are terrible.... but anything for the cause.

I have been following the Sth Africa, Greece & Czech Republic DE forums to get more of an idea about it all as Warren was such a great advocate. But definitely won't be until next year, maybe March.

Fingers crossed for you for turkey basting
    Last edited by Gen72; 27-10-2015 at 22:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @MamaKes @Gen72 Just wanted to wish both of you Lovelies all the very best with your Cycles!!

and prayers being sent to the Universe for the pair of you!!! I really hope you both get over the line for a BFFP!!!

I'll be stalking you from the sidelines and cheering you on!!! Good Luck!!!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (27-10-2015),MamaKes  (28-10-2015)