Closed Thread
Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree888 View Post
    I see this thread doesn't really get used much these days but I wanted to ask, Wazza has put me down for an intralipid infusion for my cycle starting in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to see if anyone knows how much these are? I will be calling Qfg/his offices to ask but thought I'd see if anyone on here has had one before and thinks it helped them get their BFP too? Thanks in advance!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - I'm sorry this is my first cycle with Wazza so I can't help you with that one. I hope you were able to find out!
    Sorry I've never done intralipids but I'm sure someone will know. This group ebbs and flows a bit, sometimes it's very busy and sometimes not.

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I see this thread doesn't really get used much these days but I wanted to ask, Wazza has put me down for an intralipid infusion for my cycle starting in a couple of weeks. I just wanted to see if anyone knows how much these are? I will be calling Qfg/his offices to ask but thought I'd see if anyone on here has had one before and thinks it helped them get their BFP too? Thanks in advance!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - I'm sorry this is my first cycle with Wazza so I can't help you with that one. I hope you were able to find out!
    Sorry I've actually never heard of it myself. I hope you find answers.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis - Wazza appreciation thread

I did intralipids with Wazza. (@ the infusion clinic in St Andrews). They use 500ml/20% (and saline) which is what is generally recommended.
    In my first cycle using it before and after Tx we got our first ever BFP after 7 failed fresh cycles. I wholeheartedly believe it gave us our BFP. We had a few bleeds along the way and I believe the Intralipids are what helped us get through. I had three doses before Tx and kept having them every 10 days until 14 weeks. It takes about 4 hours each time for the infusion so be prepared (with a good book). The nurses down there (particularly Jane) are fabulous and became like 'old friends' along the way. Cheering you on as you reach each milestone. The facilities there are good and they will feed you morning tea and lunch depending on what time you are there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention we are now 28 weeks with twins 😁 and thankful everyday for Wazza and his commitment to helping us get our BFP!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @Blinky76 and congrats on the twinnies!! How exciting!! Do you mind if I ask how much the infusions cost? I have read they can be pretty expensive?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @Blinky76 and congrats on the twinnies!! How exciting!! Do you mind if I ask how much the infusions cost? I have read they can be pretty expensive?
    It's done at St Andrews private hospital in Spring hill at their day infusion clinic as an inpatient (like day surgery). I have private health insurance so just paid my hospital excess ($500) once for the first time and then it was covered by the PHI after that with no extra payments. I had (*i think) about 12 -14 infusions all up.
    The way Wazza has it set up means you don't pay the exorbitant costs that others do with other doctors as theirs tend to be done at their clinics and they can't claim through PHI.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Forgot to mention if you do it as part of an IVF cycle your first one will be done at the spring hill day hospital as part of your EPU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blinky76 that's awesome thankyou so much. Such a relief. First cycle with Wazza and it is already so different to anything I've done before. With all the supps and things leading up to egg pickup. I'm really hoping it makes the difference. For someone my age my egg quality seems not great as I don't tend to have many for transfer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/360300147440489/

hi wazza's girls, there is a Face Book page called Queensland Fertility SUpport group if you haven't already joined. it is kind of easier to discuss stuff there than on this thread

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cabbagepatchkid For This Useful Post:

Keepontryin13  (06-01-2016),KtKing  (09-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Newbie

Hi,

I'm new to this and have my first appt next week. Just wondering if anyone has had help with recurrent chemical pregnancy/miscarriage and been successful? We aren't doing IVF at the moment as we seem to be able to fall just not stay pregnant beyond the first couple of weeks.