Closed Thread
Page 47 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Ladydee, thanks for the mention. Gosh this little bubba is giving you some grief, I hope things settle down soon.

AFM not currently cycling and not sure when and how we will. Deciding between having another go ourselves or using donor eggs (my sister has offered). This last cycle has really knocked me around so just taking some time to regroup.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh ladydee sounds like you have had a rough year! I'm really hoping this time is your time. I am not sure that I mentioned I was with wazza but I only did OI with him but I will be going back if I need help again.
    I had a little boy in June last year and he's 7 months already. And yes it is all totally worth it in the end ladydee! Every time I look at him I can't believe I created him. And everything you go through becomes a distant memory because of all the joy they bring.
    I'm sending the baby dust vibes to you all and I'm keeping everything crossed for you ladydee but you are in good hands with wazza! Xxx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babydalla For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I just saw your post I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner. How's the bleeding going now? Have you had a scan since you spoke to Wazza?

Hun, as hard as it is you need to back away from the dishwasher!! Do absolutely nothing!! I didn't work between 8-16 weeks cause of the bleeding. I did nothing at home. I wouldn't even take my plate over from the kitchen table, my hubby has been an absolute warrior. I saved all my energy for bed rest and caring for my two year old - and I only did that with massive amounts of help. And she's eaten her body weight in oven chicken nuggets and watched soooo much TV. But she's still been loved, cared for a nurtured. Online groceries are your friend! If anyone offers help say yes. I've always been a doing person and very self sufficient and it's hard to give into that but you are the only one who can care for your belly bub right now. You need to lie on the couch or your bed and stay there, for as long as it takes.

I'm up to almost 7 months of doing nothing now - since my bleed at 23 weeks I've curbed everything even more. It is so hard - you have my deepest empathy. If it makes you feel any better it does get easier as time goes on, you adjust to the slow pace of life and the feeling of helplessness and laziness isn't so intense. The first few weeks I found the hardest. Your hubby will get great at doing things because he has to and your toddler will learn independence beyond there years (but in a skillful way, not a sad way).

Chin up and do nothing!! And let us know how your scan goes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee @scratchycat it's so reassuring to know that this bleeding is not necessarily an uncommon thing... Whilst my bleeding has stopped, I saw Warren today and the scan showed that there is still a large haemorrhage in the uterus - which means bed rest until at least 12 weeks.... So that will mean a total of 6 weeks at home doing nothing.

Now at 7 weeks, the fetal development appears to be fine. And I too, feel fine. Which makes it even more frustrating. There is only so much internet one can look up and I've already gone through several books. Plus the valium makes me sleepy!

My motto is stay positive - it's not bad news, and I get to have time off work. The baby is growing as it should, and that's the main thing. Warren knows what he's talking about, and I am sure we are all in safe hands.

Good luck - my thoughts are with you all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LCLowry For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scan all good! Despite the heaviest bleeding yet this past weekend, perfect heart beat and growth still

Omg, my Ob tried a belly scan but because I've got a tilted uterus, it took him a moment to find the heartbeat! I swear my own heart stopped for a moment as that was the exact same scenario as when I lost my 11 week angel bub with him searching and searching for the non-existent heartbeat and not saying anything and I just felt the *biggest* dread EVER!!!. BUT he said was sure that he could see a flicker but needed to do an internal......I don't think I've ever whipped my knickers off so fast in my life! And as soon as he started the internal I saw the heartbeat easily myself pretty much straight away.....this is where my own heart re-started....and everything is just as it should be!

I had to go straight to QFG to book in my Panorama blood test (that I've chosen to do) for next week and buy some more pessaries (damn expensive things that they are) and then I got chatting to a couple of the QFG nurses who wanted to know how I was going and it wasn't until I left that I realised I hadn't told my poor hubby the good news! There were several missed calls from him too.....bad wife that I am..... he had been freaking out but was thrilled when I told him And then he of-course re-reminded me for the umpteenth time to go straight back to bed.

I got a picture but it's crap and too black. I'm 9+1 today measuring 9+2. What a freak'n relief!!! I swear I've grown around 35 white hairs over the weekend, I sure hope this bleeding racks-off for good!

Does it ever baffle anyone else how some/most people have sex once and end up with a baby 9 months later......just like that, with not one pill or injection or stress???!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-01-2015),phee83  (13-01-2015),scratchycat  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh thank goodness!!! I've been checking all afternoon for an update. That is such brilliant news and I hope that tough little sucker keeps kicking along and the bleeding disappears. I have found it almost amazing at times through my journey how I could be literally having blood running out of me on the ultrasound table (sorry TMI!) and the baby would be waving her little blobby arm at me and could not care the least. I on the other hand was a mess!!

Now go back to the couch and the bed and keep on gestating your belly fruit and doing nothing. The nothingness gets easier I promise!!

So so happy for your update

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-01-2015),LCLowry  (17-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee and @scratchycat how are you? I too wonder why so many people have such smooth journeys but so many others have more challenges to overcome - but it's accepting what's given to us and remaining positive in our thoughts.

Have the dr's told you what's causing the bleeding? And when you bleed is it red or brown? I hope things start to settle down for you - I'm going through a very similar experience and as you know from forums like this - many of us are in the same boat.

I have my first OB appt on Monday, but I will be sad to slowly be released from Warren's trusting hands. I want an OB just like him, but I think that will be hard to come by.

Let us know how you're going. Hopefully lying in the aircon out of this horrendous heat.

LC

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @LCLowrey

At at the moment I'm not bleeding and haven't been for the last three weeks (woohoo!). Mine started I guess within a couple of days of my first positive beta - I started having some light brown crinone discharge instead of the usual yellow/white gunk. This happened every three or so days and lasted a day at a time. Warrens nurses weren't worried, The day after my transfer Warren started his two months of holidays so I was booked into see Scott Salisbury for my 7 week scan. This suited me very well as I'd been with Scott for the previous two years and after many cycles and failures with his blessing we decided to try one last shot with Warrens quirky stuff for the last one. So I was glad to be back with Scott as I knew him much better than Warren and liked him a lot. I liked Wazza too but he was more like a new friend whereas as Scott was an old one if you know what I mean. Saw heartbeat and spot on growth at 7 weeks. On 8 weeks I started bleeding bright red blood - started light but picked up and had several episodes of pouring blood over the next week. Saw Scott when it started and then every three days until I moved to my OB at 10 weeks. He diagnosed it as a perigestational bleed from the edge of the placenta - it was draining under the baby and she was growing and doing just fine. Between 8-11 weeks I kept bleeding, by 10 weeks it was brown and I was hopeful that all was on the mend and the OB thought so too. On day dot 11 weeks I started bleeding torrentially with bright red blood and large clots. Spent some time in the Mater Private and bled very very heavily. All this time I was on bed rest, pelvic rest, no work and took it very easy. Had many pouring blood episodes in the week following week 10 but kept bleeding from the side of the placenta and a large clot in my uterus until 16 weeks and it finally finished up. Between 16-23 weeks I had no bleeding and took things very easy but did a few things and worked two days a week. On 23 weeks (Christmas day) I started bleeding bright red blood again. Put into Mater mothers with the same problem - edge bleed from inferior edge of placenta. This bleeding only lasted three days and I haven't bled since ( it stays that way!). So I haven't bled for three weeks now, but I'm well aware I could have more of these 'episodes' before the pregnancy finishes, which is hopefully still a while away as I'm only 26 weeks.

Through all of this bub has been just fine - growing perfectly on track and moving a storm. It has been terribly hard though and I think the sigh of relief I will breathe when my baby girl is safely in my arms will be epic.

How are you going? What is your story? And how are you @Ladydee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just lurking around and thought I say hi.

Dr Wazza is assisting me with a cycle. As I lost my daughter, in second Tri so we have to throw everything we can at it, try and get that rainbow.

Ive been with other clinics and I can say is the care that him and his staff have given me, have been fab. When we advised them of what had happened, they did everything they could, to assist. Gave me options, when our world fell apart.

My home clinic at Monash really could take a few notes.

Seeing him Tuesday, to check all is on track, taking all those meds ok.
    Also discuss our sideline plan, a wonderful friend wants to be our surrogate if need be.

Im glad that those bleedings seemed to have settled down, must have been a very scary time. Best wishes Ladies

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (19-01-2015),lilypily  (18-01-2015),phee83  (18-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Frances - so sorry to have read about your devastating history. May your angel baby watch over your future cycle. Much love and best wishes to you. X

18. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (23-01-2015)