Closed Thread
Page 44 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I've been off the clexane, aspirin, and feldene since 8 weeks when I started bleeding. I stayed on prednisone for a while longer (about 2 weeks) until it was clear that the bleeding had formed a large blood clot in my uterus that was sitting just above my cervix and presented an infection risk - as prednisone is an immune suppressent they started me weaning off that one pretty quickly as soon as it became clear. Went on prophylactic antibiotics at that stage too to reduce infection risk. Stopped all of the Berocca and Trental and all the rest of the pills around 11 weeks and just started taking one Elevit a day. The bleeding did stop for a few weeks between 16 and 23 weeks and started (and stopped woohoo!!) again quite recently - spent Christmas Day at the Mater mothers! It's all from an edge of the placenta, no where close to anything particularly critical like the cord insertion and always drains out so they're optimistic that all will turn out okay but boy it's been a rough ride!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh bugger spending Christmas in hospital @scratchycat You'll definitely have to remind your kiddie about all of this when they're being a sh!t if a teenager one day! It's a wonder you keep bleeding even after being off all of the blood thinner stuff for so long now Do you work? Have you been able to keep it up or give it away? I wish my Ob could've seen where the blood came from me so we know what we're dealing with. It must be awesome when you reach the 11/12 week mark and can come off a heap of the injections/meds/supplements.....I'm counting down the days as it all gets a bit full on every now and then huh?! I've added a couple of more today!
    @Ianed & @OneLove, I was so glad you posted your positive stories too as I spoke to Warren today and he has also put me on Valium, Cyclopracton and bed rest. I sure hope I too can come back later down the track with my own positive outcome to reassure someone on here one day

I don't know what to do about work. I've cut down to 3 days during this year ....a half Monday, full Tuesday and half Wednesday but I still seem to be asking for time off alllllll the time. After 2 years TTC my dd and now 2 years TTC#2, it's a real wonder they haven't fired my butt. I'm starting to wonder if I should just give it away. All of these drugs are darn expensive though so the extra cash does help! Whoa, this Valium sure is something.....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

laned  (30-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scratch - How terrifying for you. Wishing you the very best for the remaining half of your pregnancy. Xx

Ladydee - So pleased you were able to get to talk to Warren. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I only work part time cause I have a two year old but I was off work between 8-16 weeks due to the bleeding and bed rest. Worked for 7 weeks after that and now have had this week off. If the bleeding stays away I'm allowed back next week! Thankfully my job as a scientist is very much a head and hands job and I spend the whole shift sitting so from a physical perspective it's fairly reasonable. I've been at my job 10 years and barely ever taken a sick day and I'm very thankful about that now as 10 years of service (almost all of which was accrued at a full time rate) provides a lot of sick hours at only two days a week!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (01-01-2015)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year ladies!
    Wishing you all a very fertile year 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I havnt been online for a few days but just wanted to say what great news that all is ok with your little bubba! I also had 2 bleeds during my first trimester, one at 7.5 weeks and the other at 11.5 weeks. It's horrible to have them but baby is now 30 weeks along and all is good. I'm so pleased all is good and you have a strong heart beat. I completely understand how frustrating and stressful it is not being able to reach people cos of holidays etc but I'm glad all is well. Happy new year to everyone!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (01-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, any tips on how the heck to do this bed rest thing?? It sounds simple enough but it actually isn't! I have a nearly 3 year old and a husband who is fantastic at everything "house-holdy"...... except can't cook anything other that a sandwich-press toasted sandwich.... even then he usually burns himself! If I be even a little naughty and slowly waddle out to make something to eat, I start spotting and get a little crampy Just feeling a bit miserable with this whole thing.....surely it shouldn't be this hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you do light and easy for a little while. It would be simple enough for hubbie to get something for your 3 year old and then do light and easy for you both..only needs to be heated up. Otherwise can you put a call out to family or friends wgo can come and make some freezable meals to have in stock. Otherwise I am not sure but can only imagine how hard it would be

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ^ this sounds like a great idea!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done Lite'n'easy before and it's not too bad.....do you think microwave food is ok for bubs ? Probably better than toasted sandwiches for breakfast, lunch and dinner huh? Lol. I think DH could manage "start" on the microwave.....
    Yep, great idea....I'm onto it thanks. Xxx