Closed Thread
Page 39 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee I'm not transferring until the end of January/early Feb so thankfully I have an xmas/new year without jabbing and swallowing tons of pills. I am dreading it, but will be worthwhile if it gives us the result! In terms of the regime my sheet says Prednisone 5mg (two daily in morning) 1 cardoprin daily, 10mg feldene, ethinyl oestradiol and sandrena gel and clexane daily as well as 10mgs Provera (2 tabs x 4 times pd), Prognova 2mg (2 x 4 times pd) and the progesterone and crinone. Oh and continue the eleventy-billion supplements! That is just sooooo much stuff!!!!

I remember reading an article a while back saying the risk of cleft palate was 1:150 so it's not huge, but definitely higher than without it. I guess like everything with IVF is all about weighing up the risks and a process of elimination for what works and doesn't. If that's what gets it over the line for you and you can live with those odds, then it's definitely worth exploring IMO. All the best for tomorrow hope you get the result you deserve hun!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. I'm just struggling to stay positive. So today we have 2x 6 cell and 1 x 8 cell embryos the other two stopped growing. Hopefully the last a couple more days.

I'm feeling ok, still some pain but the nausea seems to have settled. Other than that it's just the progesterone giving me reflux.

Good luck tomorrow @Ladydee!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (14-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naww, this is a bloody tough journey mummymaybe Three is still two more than you need.... there is still lots of hope! I truly hope that all three keep up the pace over the next couple of days....will you get two transferred?? Try and keep your chin up, big hugs xx

AFM - I'm just not too sure about the Prednisone as I think Warrens usual protocol is 10mg/day of Pred but my current FS had prescribed 25mg/day BUT, he only wanted me to take it for 5 days from pretend "ovulation day" until transfer and then stop. But because I swapped to Wazza's protocol, he mentioned that was a high dose but told me to still start it from the day I saw him (CD2) until a negative or 12 weeks......has anyone else taken 25mg/day??

I keep swapping between hopeful and then thinking it's all over! A teeny bit of a sore lower back tonight which is not usually a good sign for me and my past pregnancies
    Digital HPT said 2-3 weeks on Sat, I'll test again tomorrow morning. I've done everything I can....tomorrow will reveal all I guess.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummymaybe - this is such an awful emotional roller coaster ride for you. I know it is hard, but try and stay positive. I have everything crossed for your remaining three embies.

Ladydee - for my DS cycle with Waz, he had me on 20 mg/daily, which I commenced weaning off of at about 8-9 weeks so that I ceased the drug by end of 12 weeks. For my recent unsuccessful o/seas donor egg cycle, he only had me on 10 mg/daily. There are many views as to whether there is a nexus between the prednisone and cleft palate. You will find arguments stating there is a link and equally those that dispute such. A friend of mine also was prescribed a very high dose due to severe morning sickness and thankfully had no issues. I can understand why you are concerned, perhaps mention your worries to Wazza.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @laned & @Ladydee! We still have 3 embryos today but all are a little behind schedule at this stage I'll check in tomorrow but will likely not do transfer until Wednesday.

How did you go today with bloods Ladydee?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How was the progesterone today @Ladydee?

It's looking pretty likely we will have nothing to transfer. Day 5 and we have a 8, 10 and 12 cell. They haven't changed since yesterday. Final check in tomorrow but the nurse didn't even sound a little hopeful. Heartbroken is an understatement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe, the results yesterday were good and I have Wazza to thank for that with out a doubt. A long way to go as I've miscarried up until 11 weeks but this is a good start.
    hCG = 3270
    Progesterone = 66

Oh Hun, my heart just dropped reading your post I can't believe it's ending this way when you had such a fantastic start!!! It's so not fair Have you talked to Warren, I'm sure he'd have a new plan of action up his sleeve?? Can they not transfer them earlier just to at least try? There has to be some way around whatever problem went wrong this time! I hope you get a miracle. Big hugs xoxoxoxo

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself - I got a cancellation appointment with Wazza yesterday and I have to say I am madly in love with him already!

My DH came with me and we had a two hour appointment going over everything and even though the road is going to be difficult - I'm sure one way or another we will end up with a baby - it just may have to be through a donor egg as Wazza believes my eggs are just too old and faulty to work. But as I've been falling pregnant naturally without too much trouble, I do want to see if we can try my own eggs first, so we'll do a medicated cycle and possibly IUI first (maybe in January) and then go straight to IVF with egg screening if that doesn't work.

I at least have a little bit of hope back - my last FS, when I was just 4 weeks pregnant, I sat in his office crying my eyes out asking if we can do something to please save this baby so that I didn't miscarry again. And his answer was "You know your age, you know the statistics" and sent me out of the room still balling. And I lost that little one two weeks later.

At least I know if I fall pregnant Wazza will throw absolutely everything at me to prevent miscarriage if there is any possibility that I do have healthy bub on board. Yesterday at the scan I had two good sized follicles developing, so I'm starting on some low-grade treatment for this cycle - aspirin, DHEA, melatonin - and then we'll move to more assisted stuff early next year if I don't fall pregnant naturally this month.

Such a relief to get in with him and knowing that we don't have to wait for anything now that we're patients. I can see why people rave about him, he is a lovely man and we both really enjoyed his sense of humour. He even gave my DH a gyno lesson during my exam, so now DH wants me to call him Dr DH!! Hilarious!

Look forward to sharing the journey with other Wazza patients.
    xxxx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (18-12-2014),phee83  (17-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Leisylou, Warren is lovely isn't he.

I hope your journey with him is short and very sweet.
    @Ladydee, how are you feeling?

AFM, Nothing to transfer today so our chances for this year are over. Meeting with Warren tomorrow but looks like egg and sperm quality issues. My sister has already offered eggs so we still have options. I must say a drug/stress free Christmas holiday will be nice.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Summer  (20-12-2014)

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear @mummymaybe. Ive been there before and it is horrible to have your cycle stop so abruptly. I trust Wazza's opinion 110%. We did one cycle on our own and he recommended donor eggs on the next one. First donor cycle, first ET and first pregnancy ever :-). We even had our first frosty too.
    Donor cycles are daunting at first. I felt like I was just standing on the outside looking in. But once ET day came it felt normal again. My daughter is now 18 months old and although we joke about how much she can look like and act like my sister. She is my daughter. She just has a lot of her aunts qualities (and not all the good ones lol).
    Good luck with whichever way you choose to go. With a lot of determination and Wazza's special touch, there will be a baby in your future. Give up is not in his vocabulary. He even told my 55 year old menopausal mother he could get her pregnant if she wanted lol

16. The Following User Says Thank You to KtKing For This Useful Post:

Summer  (20-12-2014)