Closed Thread
Page 38 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats mummymabe - fantastic numbers. Fingers crossed for wonderful fert rates.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis - Wazza appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Thanks @Ducky01we got 17 eggs! I'm over the moon, even a few tears.
    Yaaaaayyyyy!!! OMG, congratulations! What a great result Cannot wait to hear your fert rates, super happy for you How did hubby's procedure go? Did they manage to get a good sample? How is he doing after it? Are you guys doing ICSI? Will you get daily calls on how your babies are doing?? Hope you're feeling well and that that belly settles down nice and quickly ready to accept bub #1 back on board, take it easy Hun Xxx

AFM - Well I never do things the easy way apparently, that's for sure!

hCG = 807 (yaaaay!!!)
    Progesterone = 10.7 (wtf?!)

My current FS told me to up my pessaries to 800mg/day (from 600) and go for repeat bloods on Monday.

Warren actually already has me on 800mg/day as well as 80mg of Provera spread out throughout the day too. Where all of that Progesterone is disappearing to, I have no idea as a result of 10 is ridiculous!!! So I called his rooms straight after finding out my result and after speaking to Warren, his nurse told me that he wanted to fax a prescription straight to a compounding chemist for me to start daily Progesterone Injections ASAP. After a lot of ringing around, I realised I actually needed a "sterile" compounding chemist, not just any one.....which I don't think there is in my area! So I rang around and I found one in West End and up I zoomed to Brisbane (just under an hour drive from where I live) to pick up my "how-to" instructions, needles, syringes and goodies off Warrens nurse and then over to the chemist in West End to pick up my injections. Thank goodness for Google Maps as I have no idea how to get around Brissy....I usually just drive to my moms house and then catch the city cat wherever I want to go for the day. It's an intramuscular injection so I dusted off my rusty yoga moves and twisted right around to inject my own butt as there's no way my hubby could do it for me without passing out! It was surprisingly painless but....geez that needle goes in a long way!!! :-0

So....I feel like I might be on the way to getting my Progesterone under control so I can only hope that my hCG keeps playing nice and continues to go up and up and up! More bloods on Monday. Eeek!

Thanks for the BFP congrats everyone Xxx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

phee83  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Yaaaaayyyyy!!! OMG, congratulations! What a great result Cannot wait to hear your fert rates, super happy for you How did hubby's procedure go? Did they manage to get a good sample? How is he doing after it? Are you guys doing ICSI? Will you get daily calls on how your babies are doing?? Hope you're feeling well and that that belly settles down nice and quickly ready to accept bub #1 back on board, take it easy Hun Xxx

AFM - Well I never do things the easy way apparently, that's for sure!

hCG = 807 (yaaaay!!!)
    Progesterone = 10.7 (wtf?!)

My current FS told me to up my pessaries to 800mg/day (from 600) and go for repeat bloods on Monday.

Warren actually already has me on 800mg/day as well as 80mg of Provera spread out throughout the day too. Where all of that Progesterone is disappearing to, I have no idea as a result of 10 is ridiculous!!! So I called his rooms straight after finding out my result and after speaking to Warren, his nurse told me that he wanted to fax a prescription straight to a compounding chemist for me to start daily Progesterone Injections ASAP. After a lot of ringing around, I realised I actually needed a "sterile" compounding chemist, not just any one.....which I don't think there is in my area! So I rang around and I found one in West End and up I zoomed to Brisbane (just under an hour drive from where I live) to pick up my "how-to" instructions, needles, syringes and goodies off Warrens nurse and then over to the chemist in West End to pick up my injections. Thank goodness for Google Maps as I have no idea how to get around Brissy....I usually just drive to my moms house and then catch the city cat wherever I want to go for the day. It's an intramuscular injection so I dusted off my rusty yoga moves and twisted right around to inject my own butt as there's no way my hubby could do it for me without passing out! It was surprisingly painless but....geez that needle goes in a long way!!! :-0

So....I feel like I might be on the way to getting my Progesterone under control so I can only hope that my hCG keeps playing nice and continues to go up and up and up! More bloods on Monday. Eeek!

Thanks for the BFP congrats everyone Xxx
    I'm just so happy for you!!!!

That's a great hCG number! Sucks about the running around with the progesterone but I'm impressed by your bravery injecting it yourself! Monday is so far away!

Thanks Hun, we are both ok. I've had a fair bit of pain but it's feeling a bit better this morning. DH was great and Warren said he got plenty. I will get fert rate this morning.

I have the new list of drugs to start and wow. Pesseries 4 times a day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (12-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go @mummymaybe ?? I hope you got a great fert number! x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    How did you go @mummymaybe ?? I hope you got a great fert number! x
    Only 5 fertilised, the nurse said that TESA sperm is often much poorer quality and that likely impacted it. I just hope we keep a couple going until Tuesday.

I've been a bit unwell with mild OHSS, Warren wasn't to worried but sent my to emergency yesterday to have some fluids and pain relief now the plan is to try and manage at home. He still thinks I'll be well enough for transfer on Tuesday.

How are you feeling @Ladydee ?

Thanks
    Reviews

5 is good! I'll keep everything crossed that every one of them get to transfer/freeze. Bugger bugger bugger about that silly OHSS, I'm glad Warren's taking great care of you though! You've still got a few days to get rid of all that fluid and I'm sure you're following all of the rules that are supposed to help. Hope you feel a lot better very very soon xx

AFM - yea.....I'm getting more stressed and anxious by the minute I think Monday feels like years away! Trying very hard not to but, I can't help but feel a little..."another month, another loss" Whyyyy can't I just have an easy, straightforward pregnancy without all of the stress?? What's the point of getting pregnant 5 times in a row if it never ends in a healthy baby at the end? Why not just suffer the BFN if it wasn't meant to be in the first place? I know should be happy that I've at least been given this chance of a successful pregnancy when many don't reach this stage but, I've had enough of all these BFP's that never amount to anything but absolute heart ache.

I was SO close to having my first self-imposed rest cycle or two over Christmas so that I would definitely not be miscarrying over another Christmas Day but then my current FS surprised me by telling me he wanted to try me on the steroid/Clexane combo for possible NK Cells! We've had several conversations about NK cells before and he was always adamant that there is zero proof that they affect fertility/loss (we respectfully agreed to disagree on that) and so when he told me he wanted me to try the immune protocol....the lure of "trying something new" was too much to pass up and here I am.....

Urgh, I'm *trying* to remind myself of the positives I have....great hCG level, zero spotting, immune protocol, apparently a great looking blasty on board, Wazza's drug tinkering, I'm now on Progesterone injections, sticks are still way stronger than the control, occasional waves of nausea ......but self preservation kicks in and, I just don't know how this will end.

I just want to be relived and happy with my BFP but instead I feel a bit "woe is me" and p!ssed at the world. There just *has* to be a secondary problem with me other than just my PCOS! At least I get to move up to Wazza 100% next cycle if need be and he still has a few ideas up his sleeve like an endometrial scratch, intralipids infusion and possibly even a laparoscopy to check his suspicions that I might have endo.

Well.....there's a rant for ya! Lol, sorry
    Last edited by Ladydee; 14-12-2014 at 17:41.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Only 5 fertilised, the nurse said that TESA sperm is often much poorer quality and that likely impacted it. I just hope we keep a couple going until Tuesday.

I've been a bit unwell with mild OHSS, Warren wasn't to worried but sent my to emergency yesterday to have some fluids and pain relief now the plan is to try and manage at home. He still thinks I'll be well enough for transfer on Tuesday.

How are you feeling @Ladydee ?
    @mummymaybe hope you can manage the symptoms and it doesn't turn into full blown OHSS. I'm sure Wazza will take good care of you and make sure you aren't at any risk. So fingers xxed for transfer soon 5 is really great and I'm sure they will do well. I had 17 last cycle and out of those we only had 5 fertilise (worst result ever and I was so sad initially) but out of those we ended up with 5 top quality hatching blastocysts (so 100% blasto to embryo rate) so even though you may not have a massive number its quality not quantity so don't worry hun (easier said than done I know! Just look after yourself.
    @Ladydee I so hope this works out for you. You need something great after all you've been through this year. That HCG is amazing so sounds like you have a little fighter there. So glad you are getting the intervention you need. Sending you positive thoughts.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (13-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee the waiting must be horrible but it really sounds like Warren is on top of things. Rant and vent as much as you like, we are always happy to listen.

AFM all 5 embryos are 'very fragmented' but were still growing. I'm not sure what hope there is. It sounds like sperm was the issue but they just don't know. My sister has offered eggs but I don't think I could put her through this. Not feeling very optimistic at all today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @mummymaybe xx I don't really understand what fragmented means but I assume it's just how it sounds. That is so so lovely of your sister to offer but it does seem as if sperm was the issue this time, did Warren say he thought so too? Have you had any calls to let you know how they're going each day? How are you feeling now Hun, has that belly settled down? Keeping everything crossed for positive news from you!

Thanks so much @me+he&she=three Where are you up to in your cycle Hun?? I believe I keep up both of my injections to about 12 weeks so....still a while to go! Are you going to start Clexane injections also? Every single one of them are more than worth it if this little one sticks around to complete our family though....fingers crossed!

Can I please ask everyone what dose of Prednisone Wazza put you on if any??? I'm still a little nervous about the cleft palate possibility....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Popping in to wish you luck ladies.

Wazza is really good and tries to cover any possibilities. He uses steroids and clexane to combat the possibility of NK cells, and Endo. I had both and it worked for me after a few early miscarriages and a really poor implantation rate.

Ladydee - I'm glad your FS is using that protocol too. Intrallipid is considered another way of safeguarding the transfer but it's not proven, so lets see how you go with this BFP. Glad your Progesterone has been upped. Heaps of luck

Mummy - 5 is great. Fragmented doesn't mean they won't work, and I know heaps of ladies that had success with fragmented embies.

The waiting and all the drugs is the hardest part. Hoping Christmas is a time of special miracles for you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to milliegirl For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (14-12-2014),LittleDove  (14-12-2014)