Closed Thread
Page 35 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Ducky01. My initial appointment with Warren was meant to be in July next year I made that appointment in mid September and had my first appointment at the end of October. I started my current cycle within 2 weeks of seeing him.

The key to getting an appointment is to to answer your phone and be available. If you don't answer they just call someone else, no chance to call them back. I got my call at 9am for a 2pm appointment, so you really have to be willing and able to drop everything and go.

I am on the long list of supplements but I didn't wait 3 months before cycling nor did he suggest I should. Someone has posted a copy of it somewhere in the thread if you have a look.

If you don't want to cycle until May I wouldn't be to stressed things move quickly once you have your first appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Ducky01! I only waited a few weeks to get my cancellation appointment. It was definitely less than a month. We did wait a month or two before starting our cycle but only because I needed a sanity break and wazza was going to be on holidays so we just waited - it was our call though, he was happy to start straight away if we wanted.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying ladies!!! I'm at least semi hopeful my appointment will be moved forward now. Will need to trawl the thread and see the list of supplements so I can get some and at least feel like I'm being proactive while I wait. Good luck to those that are cycling at the moment. Would be the best Xmas present if it was a bfp!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ladydee - I was on pregnyl and got a faint but definite bfp 5 days after my last shot of 1500 units if that helps your pregnyl mission at all! I thought it was a real bfp but it disappeared by 7 days post shot and never came back cruel!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducky01 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I waited about 4-5 months before I got a cancellation appointment? All I know was that by the time my actual appointment date came up I was already 20 weeks pregnant from my first cycle with Wazza (after 9 failed transfers in a row before that) - he really is awesome

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scratchycat For This Useful Post:

Ducky01  (09-12-2014),Ladydee  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Ducky01. Here's the list of supp's for you. If anything's changes I'm hoping one of his current Girls will amend it for you

Folic Acid: 5mg's/day. Megafol brand which is usually kept behind the counter at the chemist. Berocca..1/day though I substituted 1xMega B capsule instead as I found it hard to stomach the Berocca sometimes. Fish Oil..1000mg's a day, Zinc 40mg's a day, Vitamin E 500mg's (1000IU) a day (for your lining), Co-Enzyme Q10 200-400 mg's a day (I took 300mg's/day), Low dose aspirin 100mg's a day (to promote good blood flow to your ovaries @ oven) DHEA 75mg's a day (3x25mg caps), Melatonin..1x5mg capsule at night. N.B..you need a script for both of these @ have to have them compounded at a compounding pharmacy. In saying that, I've read posts from other BH's who order them online from o/seas.

I also added Vit D because I was low @ fresh Royal Jelly (1/2 tsp a day) though you could take it in capsule form as well.

You'll get the most benefit if you can take all the supplements for at least 3 months. If not as long as you possibly can before you start Cycling again. Drop the DHEA down to 1xcaps a day from the first day of stimm's @ keep taking them all right up to the day before EPU.

Hope this helps @ Good Luck for your next Cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Ducky01. Here's the list of supp's for you. If anything's changes I'm hoping one of his current Girls will amend it for you

Folic Acid: 5mg's/day. Megafol brand which is usually kept behind the counter at the chemist. Berocca..1/day though I substituted 1xMega B capsule instead as I found it hard to stomach the Berocca sometimes. Fish Oil..1000mg's a day, Zinc 40mg's a day, Vitamin E 500mg's (1000IU) a day (for your lining), Co-Enzyme Q10 200-400 mg's a day (I took 300mg's/day), Low dose aspirin 100mg's a day (to promote good blood flow to your ovaries @ oven) DHEA 75mg's a day (3x25mg caps), Melatonin..1x5mg capsule at night. N.B..you need a script for both of these @ have to have them compounded at a compounding pharmacy. In saying that, I've read posts from other BH's who order them online from o/seas.

I also added Vit D because I was low @ fresh Royal Jelly (1/2 tsp a day) though you could take it in capsule form as well.

You'll get the most benefit if you can take all the supplements for at least 3 months. If not as long as you possibly can before you start Cycling again. Drop the DHEA down to 1xcaps a day from the first day of stimm's @ keep taking them all right up to the day before EPU.

Hope this helps @ Good Luck for your next Cycle
    That's spot on, I just didn't have my list with me. Only thing I'm not taking is DHEA.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2014),Ladydee  (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,
    I am another Wazza girl. I've been seeing him since Aug 2013. I haven't posted anything before but I have been actively following this thread and all the stories you write. It gives e a lot of hope to read stories about Wazza miracles. As I am hoping for one. Thank o l f you for sharing your stories.

@ Ducky1: It usually doesn't take long to receive a call if you are on the waiting list, I received mine in 40 days. Just remember that Wazza's office s not op or at least weeks in the new year. Hoe you get in soon.

@ BlondeinBrisvegas: I looked at your signature and I can see you had a couple of failed cycles before you got pregnant. Did you have all those cycles with Wazza? I have had 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVF with him. I am currently doing another IUI cycle, but I know there is a very little chance of getting pregnant with IUI as Wazza thinks my problem is egg quality. For my first IVF I had 8 eggs, 4 mature, 1 fertilised which didn't make it to 5 day. For he second cycle, I used DHEA and growth hormone and I got 10 eggs, 4 mature,3 fertilised and 2 transferred, nothing to freeze and I got a BFN. Wazza thinks I need to look at doner egg but that's not an option for me. If you did your cycles with him, didn't e suggest that to you? If yes, how could you continue cycling? I feel if h doesn't have hope, I can't have either.
    I'm just hopping for some advice to know what really is right to do.

Thanks

12. The Following User Says Thank You to eager For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis - Wazza appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky01 View Post
    Hi ladies! I haven't posted on here since my first failed IVF in July. After that cycle I booked an appointment with the infamous dr Wazza after reading rave reviews on here- the first available appointment was in April 2015! I currently live interstate but am moving back to qld at the end of the month so have been able to move my name to the waiting list that can come in at any time. I called the receptionist today and probably sounded like a true crazy desperate lady (I kind of am.) I asked how long the quick notice wait list is and she hinted it is over 50 patients long. Wow. How long did any of you wait for a phone call? I reallllly want to get in before April as I want to commence IVF again by May due to it lining up with leave from work as it would be very tough to do it during work time in my new job. I really hope the stars align and I get my initial consult earlier than April. The reason I thought it may need to be earlier is that I believe he commences patients on a big long list of supplements. Does he want us taking these for a minimum of a few months before a cycle commences? Are there standard ones I could get over the counter and start now? If anyone could let me know what he prescribes and at what dose that would be amazing.
    Our main issue was thought to be MFI, we are both 28 but my first cycle I only got 2 eggs and after two further failed cycles this year (the most recent BFN was just last week) it would appear my eggs/response to meds are both partly to blame. I'm hoping Wazza can supercharge them as I can't believe this hasn't worked yet. Any advice on anything I could start now would be much appreciated and I will await my phone call after January when he is back!
    @Ducky01 you will definitely be seen really quickly on the cancellation list so don't fret at all about that. Just keep your phone with you as others have suggested. I phoned to make an appointment (and was allocated
    July 15) and was called back the following day with a cancellation for the next day. I almost fell over. I guess I was just 'lucky' to have been near my phone that's all it comes down to. Anyway we've just finished
    our first stim with Wazza and he is a bloody crack up!!! Woke up from ER the other day with the number of
    eggs collected written all over my body. Have to say too he is an absolute wizard as I was first girl out of recovery (despite not being first in) as others where with different FS and I needed no pain relief whatsoever (easiest collection I've ever had). Was also really nice to have follow up call from him too he's such a caring doc.ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1418106462.949578.jpg

I've attached a SS of supplements (covered in above posts but gives you the printout he gives patients) you need to start now in anticipation as it takes 3 months for them to really come into effect but if you get in sooner - all the better

Good luck Hun
    Last edited by me+he&she=three; 09-12-2014 at 19:22.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to me+he&she=three For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to a few new faces and those who have been quiet.

I had another scan today and have roughly. 25 follicles all measuring 1.6cm or more. Triggering tonight for pick up Thursday am. I'm so uncomfortable, sitting and laying on my back are so painful.

Wazza and the nurses were pretty worried about OHSS and I'm a bit nervous now as well. So I'll be focusing on my high protein diet and drinking heaps. What else should I be doing?