Closed Thread
Page 34 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oooh mu hubby had tha aspirate done. He said never again lol. It didn't improve our results so he was lucky he never has to go through it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KtKing View Post
    Oooh mu hubby had tha aspirate done. He said never again lol. It didn't improve our results so he was lucky he never has to go through it again.
    Oh dear, your poor DH. It's aspirate or nothing. DH has managed for our last 2 cycles but increased stress and a change in medication has left us no choice. He felt better because warren assured him that he would have the same issue.

KtKing is offline The same sun that melts the ice hardens the clay. The difference is the nature of the material.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Oh dear, your poor DH. It's aspirate or nothing. DH has managed for our last 2 cycles but increased stress and a change in medication has left us no choice. He felt better because warren assured him that he would have the same issue.
    Wish him luck. Hubby said a few choice words to our old FS when he put the first needle in lol. I wasn't very sympathetic though. I still think we go through way worse :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dr Warren De Ambrosis - Wazza appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    I've never used Pregnyl, does it usually take about a week to leave your system? Don't these FS's know drugs like that mess with out POAS addictions. I hope that line stays dark! When is your blood test?

AFM 15 lovely follicles 13.5-17mm so I'll continue to stim until Tuesday and have another look then hopefully have EPU Thursday. WDA thinks if I was going to have the same issues as with my other cycles it would have happened by now so that's really positive.

DH is having terrible trouble producing a sample to freeze for this cycle ( he really struggles under pressure) and it looks like he will need a needle aspirate on the same day as EPU. He is so upset but there isn't another choice.
    Wow @mummymaybe, what great follie numbers and sizes, congratulations you must be thrilled!! I hope Wazza's regime shakes up your cycle enough to produce a lovely number of quality embryo's......so far it definitely seems like it is! How's your poor belly holding up? I tried a leg jab but it was bloody painful! I find I accidentally bump that bruise more than my belly ones too. My last three belly jabs have just come up with the red dot and no bruise so hopefully I'm getting the knack of it or my body is getting used to it or something.... they have been higher up my lower belly than the others too so, maybe that has helped?

As for the Pregnyl, this is my first time on it too so I have no idea really. I've heard other ladies say it takes about 4/5 days to work back out of your system depending on your metabolism or something. I'm still thinking this is a BFN cycle so I figure I may as well POAS and test the Pregnyl out of my system so I'll know for next cycle how long it takes for me. My current FS wanted me to have my beta bloods on Tuesday but he doesn't know Wazza has put me on Pregnyl and my paperwork from Wazza says to wait until at least 7 days post last Pregnyl shot to ensure true/accurate blood results so, I've stalled my clinic until Thursday saying I didn't want to find out at work.....which is kinda true anyway. I hate finding out bad news at work and then having to stay all nice and chirpy around patients who definitely don't need to feel any weird vibes off me because of my own issues when their's are 1000 times worse. It sucks having to wait two extra days though!!!

Your poor DH, it must be darn stressful being under pressure like that for sure. Is he able to start collecting a few samples leading up to EPU and QFG can defrost the best one?? By the sounds if what KtKing said, it doesn't sound fun Goodluck for your scan/bloods on Tuesday and even better luck for your EPU!!! Xxx

AFM - maybe a teeny bit lighter? Hope that means the Pregnyl is on it's way out. Let's see what tomorrow brings....
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1417928485.672146.jpg
    Last edited by Ladydee; 07-12-2014 at 15:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Wow @mummymaybe, what great follie numbers and sizes, congratulations you must be thrilled!! I hope Wazza's regime shakes up your cycle enough to produce a lovely number of quality embryo's......so far it definitely seems like it is! How's your poor belly holding up? I tried a leg jab but it was bloody painful! I find I accidentally bump that bruise more than my belly ones too. My last three belly jabs have just come up with the red dot and no bruise so hopefully I'm getting the knack of it or my body is getting used to it or something.... they have been higher up my lower belly than the others too so, maybe that has helped?

As for the Pregnyl, this is my first time on it too so I have no idea really. I've heard other ladies say it takes about 4/5 days to work back out of your system depending on your metabolism or something. I'm still thinking this is a BFN cycle so I figure I may as well POAS and test the Pregnyl out of my system so I'll know for next cycle how long it takes for me. My current FS wanted me to have my beta bloods on Tuesday but he doesn't know Wazza has put me on Pregnyl and my paperwork from Wazza says to wait until at least 7 days post last Pregnyl shot to ensure true/accurate blood results so, I've stalled my clinic until Thursday saying I didn't want to find out at work.....which is kinda true anyway. I hate finding out bad news at work and then having to stay all nice and chirpy around patients who definitely don't need to feel any weird vibes off me because of my own issues when their's are 1000 times worse. It sucks having to wait two extra days though!!!

Your poor DH, it must be darn stressful being under pressure like that for sure. Is he able to start collecting a few samples leading up to EPU and QFG can defrost the best one?? By the sounds if what KtKing said, it doesn't sound fun Goodluck for your scan/bloods on Tuesday and even better luck for your EPU!!! Xxx

AFM - maybe a teeny bit lighter? Hope that means the Pregnyl is on it's way out. Let's see what tomorrow brings....
    Attachment 64350
    @Ladydee sorry the leg jab hurt more, I've had a few that have only come up with little red lumps but plenty more are huge bruises. The TWW wait is so hard but you are almost there. The 2 extra days will be worth it to give you a definite answer.

DH usually does freeze ahead of cycles but this time the 2 samples we have managed to get have been to small to freeze.

I'm really happy with my follicles, I guess it proves that we have made the right decision to see Wazza. I think I'll be waddling soon my belly is getting big and I feel uncomfortably full.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @mummymaybe: We had to go the TESA route due to my DP's OA. My DP has been TESA'd twice. First time by our previous FS in Cycle 1, second time by Wazza in Cycle 4. Both times enough tubules/sperm were retrieved to cover the current Cycle plus 2 extra vials were put on ice.

First time my DP had local anaesthetic plus pethidine which knocked him out to the point he remembered bugger all...lol Second time he just had a local anaesthetic. First time he was sore for a few days or so but nothing major. Second time he was bruised @ battered @ in a bit of pain for a couple of days but that was because I'd asked Wazza to see if he could retrieve any sperm from the epididymis (as we didn't know for sure where the blockage was) plus he also tried the Vas Deferens for good measure too while he was there...LOL.

Anyhoo..all that poking and prodding around unsurprisingly left DP in a bit of pain afterwards but he was ok in a few days pain wise. The bruising lasted for over a week. Wazza will prob give you a script for some anaesthetic cream for your DH to apply beforehand as well as one for some antibiotics he'll take as a precaution/preventative for infection. He'll prob give you one for some stronger painkillers too for afterwards if you ask him.

Your DH will be fine Luv. Make sure you have some ice/frozen peas etc on standby to help with pain/swelling😊☺. All will be ok. Good Luck!!!

P.S...Your DH can be knocked right out for the procedure with a GA if he wants.
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 08-12-2014 at 10:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ BlondeinBrisvegas. It will be unpleasant but I'm sure he will be ok. No GA as he will have to go back to work. I'll get some nice ice packs for him. I'll talk to Warren about some numbing cream tomorrow.

Hopefully we get enough for a few cycles and that takes away the stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! I haven't posted on here since my first failed IVF in July. After that cycle I booked an appointment with the infamous dr Wazza after reading rave reviews on here- the first available appointment was in April 2015! I currently live interstate but am moving back to qld at the end of the month so have been able to move my name to the waiting list that can come in at any time. I called the receptionist today and probably sounded like a true crazy desperate lady (I kind of am.) I asked how long the quick notice wait list is and she hinted it is over 50 patients long. Wow. How long did any of you wait for a phone call? I reallllly want to get in before April as I want to commence IVF again by May due to it lining up with leave from work as it would be very tough to do it during work time in my new job. I really hope the stars align and I get my initial consult earlier than April. The reason I thought it may need to be earlier is that I believe he commences patients on a big long list of supplements. Does he want us taking these for a minimum of a few months before a cycle commences? Are there standard ones I could get over the counter and start now? If anyone could let me know what he prescribes and at what dose that would be amazing.
    Our main issue was thought to be MFI, we are both 28 but my first cycle I only got 2 eggs and after two further failed cycles this year (the most recent BFN was just last week) it would appear my eggs/response to meds are both partly to blame. I'm hoping Wazza can supercharge them as I can't believe this hasn't worked yet. Any advice on anything I could start now would be much appreciated and I will await my phone call after January when he is back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Ducky01. My initial appointment with Warren was meant to be in July next year I made that appointment in mid September and had my first appointment at the end of October. I started my current cycle within 2 weeks of seeing him.

The key to getting an appointment is to to answer your phone and be available. If you don't answer they just call someone else, no chance to call them back. I got my call at 9am for a 2pm appointment, so you really have to be willing and able to drop everything and go.

I am on the long list of supplements but I didn't wait 3 months before cycling nor did he suggest I should. Someone has posted a copy of it somewhere in the thread if you have a look.

If you don't want to cycle until May I wouldn't be to stressed things move quickly once you have your first appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Ducky01! I only waited a few weeks to get my cancellation appointment. It was definitely less than a month. We did wait a month or two before starting our cycle but only because I needed a sanity break and wazza was going to be on holidays so we just waited - it was our call though, he was happy to start straight away if we wanted.