Closed Thread
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Pinklady! he WILL get you your BFP I am sure of it. I saw your signature and looks like you have been through alot but when I read your situation is MFI and PCOS...well that is our exact situation too! I know he can do it for you. Is DH on all that crazy natural meds? we went from having 0 live sperm at our first sample, to going on all those natural meds, two/three months later DH produced a sample at EPU and we had 100,000!! so I am a great believer in all of those meds he recommends. We spend the bit extra and swap the plain old zinc tablet for menevit because it has slighter higher zinc plus a few other things, but other than that we follow his "bible" religiously. Good luck! x

I have to say, he was awesome and true to form today when he told me to ask the nurse to "get some FSH that fell off a back of a truck" when I told her that she just smiled and checked the fridge and said, "ahhh well Warren has been so generous lately with all the FSH off the back of a truck that we don't have many left!" haha she wasn't too impressed with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nicole - thanks so much for your words of encouragement! At the request of Wazza, DH and I are both taking handfuls of drugs each day!! I'm sure the local pharmacist knows he can retire on us! That's great that your DH's levels increased so significantly after the meds Wazza recommended - good to hear it works!! I like that all the support meds he recommends are natural, so not difficult to add to the regime!

Another thing I wanted to add about Wazza and his team is that whenever we go down for a consult, they spend lots of time with us preparing / sorting us out to ensure that we don't have to make extra trips back to Brisbane. It's so nice to go to a clinic that appreciates how much this process costs - and that try to cut costs whenever possible! And they also supply some of the meds (ie. Synarel and baby asprin are 2 that I've had to use so far) at cost price - where else would do that??

Thanks
    Reviews
    **pregnancy and child mentioned**

I haven't been on bubhub for a long time, but when I saw this I had to post!

I was a patient of Dr W De Ambrosis and I can never express how thankful I am to have had him for a doctor!

I went to him after seeing no less than 4 other FS and I was really at the end of the road, so very tired of the 'unexplained' diagnosis I continually was given. Dr W listened, took my suggestions on board, whether he agreed or not wasn't the point, he listened to me, cared about what I had to say and what I had been through at that point. He even consulted with a doctor I had sought out overseas, completely open minded to this doctor's treatment suggestions.

I did my 10th and final stim cycle under Dr W's care (first cycle with him) and I got my long awaited baby. Still feels like a miracle really.

I agree with others that he cares, he tells you the truth, straight to the point, with my successful pregnancy, things started to go pear shaped again early on and he gave me 50/50 but with that he told me I could go in for a scan whenever I wanted, every day if I needed to, to help me get through it.

He told me not to worry about stressing out as it wouldn't make any difference to the pregnancy, it was normal but likely to make to make me feel like crap, so have a drinky before bed and try and sleep! Funny thing was, him telling me it was okay to stress made me so much less stressed!

I turned up at his rooms half way through my pregnancy to pick up some old x-rays and he was delighted that my 'gut' was nearly as big as his!

I also loved the '27' written everywhere when I woke from EPU!

He also rang my husband after EPU and bossed him around a bit in how to take care of me to keep OHSS at bay!

He called my husband when I was devastated at less than wonderful hcg doubling times and told him he'd still be panicking if I were his mistress so to hang in there!

When I arrived for my final EPU I had not been put on the list for the day! I was freaking out a bit, then Dr W arrived and exclaimed very loudly 'Ah, F***, never mind, you're here, I'm here, that's all we need'!

He gave a damn at how much money we had spent over the years and tried to help us where he could.

And who doesn't like to be told they're good lookin' at 5 am drugged up on Lucrin, FSH, steroids, and everything else??!!??

There are many more things I am sure! I am so grateful to this man, he has made so many people beyond happy! When I think about my dad telling me that DD has no idea how many people she has made unbelievably happy, I can only imagine that Dr W has no real idea how many people's lives he has changed as well! It's not just us, our entire extended families too!

After 10 Stims, numerous FETs and a total of 26 embryos being transferred, I have my baby. If I hadn't met Dr W, I don't think I would. I will be forever grateful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Emdee---Thank you for replying. You've given me hope. I've just started cycle#8 this morning, also had 4 unexplained miscarriages, Wazza came round put his hands around my head, shook it and said it's going to work this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone...

To the starter of this thread, the Lord bless you. This is such an informative thread for those of us still shopping around.

The success stories are amazing I must confess. Geez! I can imagine how much joy this man has brought to people's hearts.

Thank you all for the wonderful posts, needless to say this man is now on top of my list, I just hope he has more space to accomodate me.

Please, for those of you who have had to change clinics, what is the procedure? And approximatley how long does it take to change over? Do I have to get another referral from a GP?

I am just about starting my very first IVF and I am seriously not confident with my FS and clinic at this stage.

Will Wazza take me and how long will I be on the waiting list for?

Please any info will be much appreciated. I can PM anyone who wants to give me detailed info if you dont want to share on here.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for bothering you all, I also have a question for Wazza fans.

Does he do a 3 day transfer or 5 day blasty transfer or is he flexible with this? I know some clinics have strict rules regarding how many days before ET. Could you all please tell me how many days transfer Wazza did for you.

Thanks in anticipation for answers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just stumbled across this thread .

I just wanted to say that this man sounds AMAZING and I was almost in tears reading about some of his success stories !

I thought my OB was awesome but this man seems to be a MIRACLE worker.

Just had to post something, its so nice to hear of someone so dedicated to helping couples with infertility, a big to you Wazza!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi he is incontrol

I have recently changed to wazza after two failed attempts with a different fs who also works at qfg. It took me a wait of about six weeks to get a first appt which suited me as I needed a break between cycles.
    You will need a new referral for both yourself and your other half. I also asked for a copy of my records of previous cycles to be sent to him
    as well.
    Wazza is a wealth of knowledge and tries things to suit the needs of the individual case and you always have a say. He offers both 3 or 5 day transfers - will offer his advice but does what you choose. This cycle I opted for a three day transfer and he was fine with that.
    If you do go to see wazza you will most likely find him different to any other doctor you have come across . I felt like my first visit was like chatting to someone over a beer at the local pub. He has a very unique way of putting things but it does help you feel relaxed.
    Another thing both my husband and I felt was that he was not there for the money but the genuine need to help us couples achieve our dreams.

Good luck with whatever you choose but if you are not satisfied with current fs don't feel scared to change.
    Liney

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lineyb73 For This Useful Post:

He is in control  (20-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awww shucks thanks Heisincontrol I only started this thread because of how amazed and greatful I am for Wazza, and I knew other ladies felt the same way. I think it helps give other people hope who feel they are at the end of the journey. In my opinon, if your journey doesn't end with Wazza then you should not quit yet. I am not sure how long it would take to see him, but he is about to go on a month's leave for July. So if you are wanting to switch to him then get the refferal now and get on the waiting list.

Yes I totally agree with the ladies that say he isn't doing it for the money. When I did fall pregnant with DD he asked me which OB I wanted to be referred to and I told him the name of one and said partly why I chose her was because she doesn't charge a pregnancy management fee (some doctors pregnancy management fee are $2000! ) and he said to me, some doctors don't do it for the money. And that is so true, for him atleast and ofcourse my OB....happy to answer any questions you have about him just PM me or post here and as you can see between all of us Wazza patients we are a wealth of knowledge with how he does things! In regards to 3 or 5 day transfers he does both. I know this for sure because DD was a day 3 fresh transfer and the FET that we are hoping to do in June, was originally day 3 frozen embie but he is going to grow it to day 5 blastocyst which scares the crap out of me *I am hoping it can survive* but his justification is that if it doesn't survive to day 5 then we haven't wasted our money (we don't have to pay the full amount cos it would be considered a cancelled cycle).

I tell you what, I am so so grateful that he deticates his life to getting women pregnant who, without him, probably wouldn't get to be. BUT there is a teeny tiny part of me that wishes he still did obstetrics...imagine Wazza delivering your baby??!! A nurse once told me that women would be in love with him in the delivery suites because after you give birth your body lets of all these love hormones as you bond with your baby and that mixed with him calling everyone good looking etc etc the new mums would just adore him!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

He is in control  (20-05-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lineyb73...Thanks for your words and your time. I will certainly switch over to this highly recommended man since I am in Brisbane. Thank you so much.
    With the transfer, will I just walk in to current FS office and request my file from the front desk ladies or do I book an appointment to see him and explain that I want to transfer. I will like to get on Wazza's waiting list asap so I can get to see him when he returns from holidays. I will get to see my GP for a referral for both DH and I soon. Thank you so very much.

Nicole83...You are so knowledgeable. Ah ah! Thanks a lot too. I do not have time and money to throw around with someone who will only give me half of what I really need. I will wait for more information on how to get my file transferred to the new FS. Can I just tell the current FS to give me my file directly or does this have to be done from clinic to clinic?

Thank you everyone.