Closed Thread
Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, this thread is a bit quiet but if anyone is still about, I was wondering what the ladies do who travel to see Wazza? I just know how hard it is to get to all of my bloods and scans with my local FS so just wondering how you do it if you have to travel? Do you take a week or two off work and stay in Brisbane?

Has anyone had or know of anyone who has had success with Wazza after multiple miscarriages?

Also, does anyone know how his waiting list is at the moment....I'm in need of a miracle worker!

Thanks ladies xx
    Last edited by Ladydee; 19-10-2014 at 08:17.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladydee,

If cycling remotely with wazza you go down for an initial consultation and he makes the plan with you there and then. You'll both have a check up, do your bloods and talk to his nurse after. When day 1 comes you'll start your protocol. They will supply all the drugs (you need to arrange courier. . Which is the thing we mostly have problems with. ..) and you'll do all your scans and bloods in your home town with results being sent to wazza. Then on egg pick up you fly down there. We stayed for a week. Went down day before epu, went for a mini holiday drive while we waited for the blasties to develop (u call in every day to check their progress) then on day 5/6 go in for transfer and we flew home the day after. But he says u can fly that day if u want to. For me I know alot of it was stress, so the mini break was fabulous. So much love :-) we got our little miracle after 3yrs of cycling with others.

Good luck and once you get on the journey feel free to ask about Other stuff cos there's heaps. That's just it in a nutshell:-) took me 6 months to get into wazza, I think his wait list is now 8 months. ... But so is my baby :-)

MusicalGal

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ask to go on the cancelation list! It'll reduce you waiting time significantly. Best of luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much for your reply's @MusicalGal and @LittleDove. I'm nearly 2 years into TTC so I can't even imagine still being at it in 8 months time but...who knows how desperate I'll be by then! Might help getting past any of the tough times to come knowing I've got a big plan B coming up too.

I'm only on the Gold Coast so I should be able to get up there for everything except bloods and scans which is good to know I could get down here.

Thanks again, I'll ring and book tomorrow ! Congratulations to you both xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just saw an appointment on my phone calendar for 24th November and thought "what's that???" It was my original initial appointment with wazza! We got in on a cancellation back in April (only about a month after first booking). I'm 18 weeks pregnant now and it's surreal to think I wasn't even supposed to have met wazza yet!

Definitely try and get on the cancellation list - it's more difficult to take last minute appointments if you have to travel but I think they called me on a Thursday for a Monday appointment so that much notice may still be doable!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phee83 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (19-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @phee83 - I wish so much that I could take your un-needed upcoming appointment! I know it'd be long gone now though I'm on the Gold Coast so I'll make sure that apart from asking to be in the waiting list, I'll be sure to mention that as long as I get at least an hours notice.....I can be there!!!

Congratulations on your growing bubba-bump

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

phee83  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well....I'm booked in for the 1st of July with Wazza.....everything crossed that there are a whole bunch of lucky ladies who fall before then so I can bump up the cancelation list.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

LittleDove  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I just cancelled two appointments with Wazza for the 23rd so someone just got lucky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladydee View Post
    Well....I'm booked in for the 1st of July with Wazza.....everything crossed that there are a whole bunch of lucky ladies who fall before then so I can bump up the cancelation list.
    My first appointment is 1st June! Hopefully we get in soon. He sure is popular I only made mine a couple of weeks before you!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    My first appointment is 1st June! Hopefully we get in soon. He sure is popular I only made mine a couple of weeks before you!
    He IS busy huh?! Let me know if you get in earlier, might give me some reassurance that I'm getting closer. I was soooo close to booking in with him after my last m/c in June but I didn't! Ahhh....would-a, could-a, should-a :-/