Closed Thread
Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ^^^ that's great to hear.. Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbagepatchkid View Post
    Yes Wazza is lovely, nice, and funny and seems honest. But is he getting sloppy? I have had two failed IVF cycles with him.
    I'm sorry to read that you've experienced two failed cycles, it's never easy and feels like a real kick in the guts, I know. In saying that, I feel it's a little unfair to accuse WDA of being "sloppy" because of it. For some reason, I feel a bit offended on his behalf reading your post.

I've had 2 Cycles myself with him (after 3 with my previous FS) and the sole reason I went to him was because all of my research to find whom I considered the best possible FS for our particular issues (especially my age) all pointed to him. He is one of the best FS's not only in Brisbane/QLD, but also in this country in my opinion and I knew the best possible chance we'd have of achieving a BFP was with him.

At no stage did I "assume" I'd get a BFP and nor did he promise that to me either. NO FS can promise any of their patients 100% that they will get them a BFP and WDA is no different. At the end of the day, he's not some kind of "Fertility God" with supernatural powers!! But he is a very, very experienced, clever, kind etc, etc and most importantly, honest man who will tell you what he can and can't do for you and how it is. If he thinks it's an embryo quality problem (like he told us), he'll tell you, if he thinks you need to go down the donor egg/sperm route, he'll tell you, if he thinks he either can/can't help, he'll tell you and if he thinks you're at the end of the road and there's nothing more to be done, he'll tell you that too and so on and so forth.

Look, I don't know you're history as you haven't provided it in a signature, so don't know how many Cycles or more importantly, transfers you've had, but if it is only 2 transfers, as Lilypily said, that's stuff all in this IVF caper. I wish you the best of luck in the future and if for whatever reason you feel you've lost confidence with WDA, you can always go to someone else though I doubt you'd find much better. Good Luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi gals,
    Another big Wazza fan here! He seems to be like a bit of a miracle worker. Hopefully he will help work a miracle on us come out cycle in June

Before then I have got a hysteroscopy, endo scratch and lipoidal flush procedure with Wazza. Never done this fete so was looking for some first ham experiences. Has anyone had this with Wazza?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi littleDove,

Those three procedures were suggested to me by Wazza too.

In the end I only went for the HSG with Lipoidal flush and reasoned that if that cycle didn't work we'd look into the other procedures. Luckily we didn't need to as we had success the first time.

I chose to go to the Mater Private for the HSG with Lipoidal flush. They were very nice and professional and I suppose made what isn't a very pleasant experiences as pleasant as possible.

Some women report no or minimal discomfort with the procedure. I did find it painful when they flushed the dye through, if I'm being honest.... but the up side is it is over rather quickly. When they flushed the lipoidal through I was expecting the same pain but I actual didn't feel it besides a warm sort of sensation. I assume that there may have been a slight blockage which the dye flushed out which could have explained the discomfort with the dye and not with the lipoidal but that is speculation.

Such a relief when it's done and I really feel it helped us so totally worth it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies. I am sorry to offend anyone by suggesting sloppiness of Wzzz. It hurt me to write it or think it too, because I really like him, he is so likeable, and because ultimately, he is all i have. I have had two failed cycles with Egg retrievals, one failed frozen transfers and two failed fresh transfers. The whole process is exhausting financially, physically and emotionally as you all know. I guess I just had so much faith in Wzz that I didn't expect so much failure. I had high expectations and to have nothing as an end result is very upsetting. It just made me question if it is a hit and miss thing sometimes? Thank you for the good wishes and hopefully we can all be holding our own babies one day. xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi cabbagepatchkid, I guess that's the thing with conception, you can't force it to happen. You could transfer a perfect embryo into a perfect uterus and it could still not implant. That's life I guess. It's so hard when some people conceive so easily and then others have seemingly every thing right and it still doesn't happen. Ultimately it's a numbers game but I think wazza is still the best at getting the best possible embryo into the best possible uterus and giving you the best chance. My old fs told me that he had a client once who had 9 failed cycles with him and finally conceived on her 5th cycle with wazza. I just think how long it would have taken her if she didn't go to wazza! I really hope wazza can get you (and me!) over the line soon

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sadly I think there are still aspects of the whole process that are not totally understood yet (like implantation issues) and so yeah, I'd say there still has to be an element of hit and miss. Sorry for your difficult time with it all so far. It's a battle at times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am very new here, but I keep reading the posts.
    I am sorry for your experience and I know how you feel. It is very normal to think maybe your lovely Dr is getting sloppy, although I don't think Wazza has got sloppy. But I do believe that he is very busy and sometimes this make me feel he doesn't have much time for me. That's why I think that maybe he is missing something. I still believe in him but this comes to my mine every now and then.
    But I think because this is Wazza appreciation thread we are not supposed to question Wazza here.

Best wishes for you in your IVF jorney

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbagepatchkid View Post
    Yes Wazza is lovely, nice, and funny and seems honest. But is he getting sloppy? I have had two failed IVF cycles with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Just had my appt with Dr Wazza. Wow what a nice caring man. He spent 1.5 hours with us. Reviewed our cycles and have me the real odds. He was very honest, but gave me the options. He will treat me, if I want it. Massive massive risks, but he will give it a go.
    So worth the time and the wait.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

phee83  (03-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good to hear Frances, I'm glad it was worth it! Fingers crossed it's just what you need!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.