Closed Thread
Page 14 of 98 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks, I was definitely happy with our first appointment. He took so much time to discuss all of our history had a different opinion to my other fs on a couple of things - firstly we've always been told that dh's sperm was perfect but it turns out one factor is borderline (4% normal sperm - normal range is >4%) and it was only a few years ago that normal range was considered >15% so he is addressing that where no one else has. Also, we've always been told that our embryos were great but wazza thinks they could be better and will be addressing that too. Although we are still technically in the unexplained category he doesn't seem content with that and is running a million extra tests and will be monitoring me much more closely to try and see where things are going wrong for us. Definitely feel like we're in good hands!

Good luck for your appointment @francesthecat! I hope it's worth the wait!

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @phee83: Wazza is always really generous with sharing his knowledge, opinions and discussing any concerns you have, so we used to grill him on all sorts of things we read and really appreciated his honesty. Are you going to start a cycle with him after he gets back from his holiday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I'm starting synarel in my next cycle then I'll start a stim cycle the next month once he's back.

Me - 30, Dh - 38 ttc #1 since June 2011
    natural bfp June 2012 - mc 5.5 weeks; 5 cycles clomid; 2 unsuccessful ivf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Phee,

Thank you, it will be good to get a non Monash FS opinion of our issues. It will be worth the wait. I've heard so many good reports. We also think it will help us make the transition to DE, if that is what we need to do.

Plus we are turning the trip into a long weekend so it will be a nice break.

Good luck for your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Wazza is lovely, nice, and funny and seems honest. But is he getting sloppy? I have had two failed IVF cycles with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    3 years at another clinic with the best of the best in Melbourne and Wazza is still the only one that ever got me a BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry to hear you've not had a sticky BFP as yet but I personally wouldn't question Wazza's ability for success. Nor would I question his honesty - if he doesn't think he can help someone, he lets them know! Keep the faith and all the best

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbagepatchkid View Post
    Yes Wazza is lovely, nice, and funny and seems honest. But is he getting sloppy? I have had two failed IVF cycles with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbagepatchkid View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's heartbreaking getting that bfn after ivf. Without knowing your exact issues and treatment plan it's a bit hard to say if Wazza has been "sloppy" or if perhaps there isn't a lot he can he do? I mean that in the kindest way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wazza told me straight that he couldn't help me with "my own material"... We gave a go and he was right. He did get me over the line with my sisters eggs, like I said the only one do far. He will tell you when you are over. If not then keep cycling. Two failed attempts is not a lot in the Ivf world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would pop in and update on my progress since I first posted in here mid last year.

At the time I was in the throes of my 4th consecutive loss and it was such a horrible time for me. Through research and word of mouth I had come to learn about Dr Warren. I was sooooo lucky that the moment I called his rooms, knowing it would most likely be a long wait to see him, there was a cancellation and I got in to see him THAT Day. It was a miracle and I can tell you we have not looked back.

I did everything Warren told/suggested to me, from further testing to extra procedures to up our chance. After being told to go away and keep trying by other Dr's it was amazing to have Warren on our side and actively helping us!

And so, I am now 21 weeks pregnant with a perfectly healthy little boy and I feel I owe it all to my unrelenting perseverance and Wazza!

This pregnancy hasn't been all smooth sailing. I've had many bleeds, weeks of strict bed rest, so many meds and injections I thought I would burst and have been diagnosed with Hyperemesis Gravidarum, but I felt so reassured by Wazzas care that I've managed somehow.

I remember what it was like to be on the other side of this for many years. I still find it hard to believe and accept that I have a healthy, kicking baby inside me and I don't think I will really allow myself to accept this until baby is safely in my arms.

Anyway, I wish everyone many blessings and I pray your journey to holding your bubs is a short one
    Last edited by OneLove; 26-04-2014 at 21:54.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OneLove For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (26-04-2014)