Closed Thread
Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Francesthecat, I'm sure you will get an appointment sooner than that. My original appointment with Wazza was February 2014, got a cancellation appointment in July and I'm now 12 weeks pregnant with a Wazza miracle. He truly is a wonderful FS, who really cares and who goes out of his way to make your dreams come true. Always guaranteed a laugh with each visit too, which is a nice change on the IVF roller coaster. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ABH !!! WoW, it is grand to hear you got a BFP with ur first IVF cycle with Wazza.

I am currently in my 2ww from first (hopefully last!!) IVF cycle with the Great Waz.
    I only had one 'average quality' embryo implanted,

how many did u have implanted?

Did you see the embryo before it was transfered? Did you feel the catheter go up? I didn't.

2WW is so frustrating,
    baby blessings

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had two transfered Cabbagepatchkid. But only one took and they were both graded the same. With my transfer it was actually over before I even realised it and felt very little. I think it comes down to the experience of the FS. Good luck in your TWW, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Cabbagepatchkid  (24-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was so optimistic that Wazza could get me pregnant. BFN for me. So sad. Why didn't it work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I just thought I would do an update.

I've just done my first cycle with Wazza after 4 recurrent miscarriages.

We did a HSG with lipoidal flush and ovulation induction with letrozole and pregnyl and got our bfp!

I'm currently on 10mg of Prednisone, 40mg CLexane, daily aspirin and a bunch of vitamins/supps.

I'm just past the 6week mark and have a scan next Monday. After all the losses we've had it is very hard not to be worried but we're just praying that the meds keep this babe going

Anyone else been in a similar situation to myself and had success with the protocol with Wazza?

Thanks
    Reviews
    One love, I had 4 miscarriages as well, all IVF bfps, my luck must have struck on my last cycle as I now have a almost 2 yo DD. I changed to wazza after 5 rounds with another FS, I had a run of bfns with wazza, followed by another two miscarriages, and the last bfp. I had the pred and clexane, and aspirin, and progesterone pessaries, I also used growth hormone with my last round of IVF. I know of someone who had 9 miscarriages and had success with wazza. My obstetrician was very supportive as well and as she's worked with wazza before she's not fazed by all the drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Frostysmum, thank you for your reply

Was there ever an explanation for your losses?

There's really no explanation for mine except possibly my positive ANA.

I hope it's 5th time lucky for me. How much Prednisone were you on for your successful pregnacy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OneLove, no we didn't find anything wrong doing 101 tests including karyotyping both of us plus a mid term loss baby, the only thing slightly wrong is I am hertozygous for MTHFR but my homocysteine level is normal, so it shouldn't affect anything. Wazza put it down to my old age (LOL!) I changed the Prednisolone dose a bit, I think Wazza wanted me on 20mg all the way through IVF, (not sure when he instructs ladies to stop it), but I take the dose down soon after implantation, so only take 20mg for the few days before and after ET, then taper it down over the next 4 weeks and stop. Had a friend who took the steroids for long term doing back to back cycle and couldn't come off it due to withdrawal side effects. Talk to Wazza and your obstetrician about how to wean it off. I know he puts people on different doses depending on what you have or don't have, so you will need to check with him or your obstetrician. Most ons will think all these drugs are unnecessary. Luckily my obs used to work with Wazza she's seen it all before, and gave me advice on how to wean the drugs, she kept me on the progesterone pessary as there's a question mark over my cervix shortening with a mid term miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just out of curiousity, how many cycles have you ladies done with Wazza before you got your BFP?

My 1st STIM cycle with Wazza was a BFP, but it turned out to be a non-progressive.
    My 1st FET cycle was a BFP, but turned out to be a chemical.