Closed Thread
Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mrs P. We did a CGH cycle with Warren in August 2012. Not sure if things have changed since then, but we had to book a few months in advance for the CGH, as there was a wait list to get this done (they had to send a biopsy of the emby on day 3 to Melbourne for testing, and transfer on day 5 after results received). Others may have more up to date info, but thought I'd let you know how it worked for us. I'd recommend just call Kate to discuss. Good luck

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Lady For This Useful Post:

MrsPontipine  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank Pink,

Kate will get back to me this afternoon to talk about it. Congrats on your twins

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Pink Lady  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pink, - Just to let you know. I will be taking the pill the cycle prior to stimming, so all I have to do is call on day one of that cycle (any day now) to book it in .
    Thanks again for your reply...

MrsP...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsPontipine For This Useful Post:

Pink Lady  (22-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wazza the Great

Hi Ladies! This is my first forum and first post so hi to everyone. I'm jumping on the Wazza appreciation thread. Sorry about the long essay but I wanted to share my experience.

DH (35) and I (33) Have been trying for the last three years. We did manage to get pregnant on our own which resulted in a miscarriage. After a year of nothing we decided to see a FS. I was then diagnosed with PCOS. The FS straight away suggested ovarian drilling and then he could also check for Endometriosis. I agreed at first ad then found out that it was going to cost over $5000 as our private health care waiting period was not over (so obviously didn't waste my money)

We then proceeded with clomid cycles 100 and ovidril boosters, still nothing. The whole time we did these cycles the fs did not do blood tests to see if I actually ovulated, did no other tests, didn't check dh sperm (he had a basic gp sperm test and the FS said that would be enough). The last cycle he did a blood test and said nothing had spiked so i probably wasn't going to ovulate. He was all doom and gloom and said our next step would be IVF or we could do the ovarian drilling. Of course totally depressed I decided to get a second opinion. I originally had an appointment with Wazza Feb this year but decided to stick to my other FS. Looking back I wish I hadn't.

I called for the appointment in June and was told I wouldn't be able to get in until February 2014. I then got a phone call for a cancellation in August. I was finally going to me the great Wazza.

Wow what an experience. In the two hours we spent with Wazza and his nurses we found out more information and did more tests then I had done with the other FS in a year and half. He also told me that my PCOS was very mild and he would never have drilled my ovaries. He also examined dh sperm under the microscope and found that they were a bit slow, made him pull down his pants so he could inspect his "pecker" and told him to do another sperm test and to start icing his balls. We were given all the vitamins -for him Selenium, Folic Acid, Goji Berries, Pumpkin seeds, Vitamin C & Aloe Vera Juice for me Folic Acid, Viatim E, Fish Oil, Berocca, Zinc, Baby Asprin, Metformin & Inofolic.

He told us that he thought we might be able to avoid IVF but we will start with IUI for a couple of cycles then look at IVF. What I loved most was he talked to us in costs (was much cheaper then my old FS). When he scanned me he found a dominant follicle at about 12mm he said we would work with it and see what happens. We wouldn't do IUI this time just try nurture the follicle i had and do the bd. So we started on Puregon injections. When I went back for my progress scan it looked like the follicle hadn't grown much. it was only 14mm. He told me not to worry nothing is wrong and sometimes they are like bike riders where one will drop from the lead and another will take the lead. He upped the dose of Puregon, kept up the blood test. The next day I got a phone call saying that I was going to ovulate to take the Pregnyl injection and have a wild weekend. I had 3 pregnyl 1500 boosters.

I am happy to say after 1 cycle which started mid cycle with the Amazing Dr Warren I finally got my Now I'm praying for a sticker. My levels were high with my Progesterone being around 100 and my HCG at around 400 (hope I got that the right way round, I was so excited i didn't really listen properly to the numbers).

I really beleive Warren's positive attitude and agressive approach really helped. I would recommend this man to anyone. He is a genius!!

Baby dust to everyone

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Maozzie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maozzie View Post
    Hi Ladies! This is my first forum and first post so hi to everyone. I'm jumping on the Wazza appreciation thread. Sorry about the long essay but I wanted to share my experience.

DH (35) and I (33) Have been trying for the last three years. We did manage to get pregnant on our own which resulted in a miscarriage. After a year of nothing we decided to see a FS. I was then diagnosed with PCOS. The FS straight away suggested ovarian drilling and then he could also check for Endometriosis. I agreed at first ad then found out that it was going to cost over $5000 as our private health care waiting period was not over (so obviously didn't waste my money)

We then proceeded with clomid cycles 100 and ovidril boosters, still nothing. The whole time we did these cycles the fs did not do blood tests to see if I actually ovulated, did no other tests, didn't check dh sperm (he had a basic gp sperm test and the FS said that would be enough). The last cycle he did a blood test and said nothing had spiked so i probably wasn't going to ovulate. He was all doom and gloom and said our next step would be IVF or we could do the ovarian drilling. Of course totally depressed I decided to get a second opinion. I originally had an appointment with Wazza Feb this year but decided to stick to my other FS. Looking back I wish I hadn't.

I called for the appointment in June and was told I wouldn't be able to get in until February 2014. I then got a phone call for a cancellation in August. I was finally going to me the great Wazza.

Wow what an experience. In the two hours we spent with Wazza and his nurses we found out more information and did more tests then I had done with the other FS in a year and half. He also told me that my PCOS was very mild and he would never have drilled my ovaries. He also examined dh sperm under the microscope and found that they were a bit slow, made him pull down his pants so he could inspect his "pecker" and told him to do another sperm test and to start icing his balls. We were given all the vitamins -for him Selenium, Folic Acid, Goji Berries, Pumpkin seeds, Vitamin C & Aloe Vera Juice for me Folic Acid, Viatim E, Fish Oil, Berocca, Zinc, Baby Asprin, Metformin & Inofolic.

He told us that he thought we might be able to avoid IVF but we will start with IUI for a couple of cycles then look at IVF. What I loved most was he talked to us in costs (was much cheaper then my old FS). When he scanned me he found a dominant follicle at about 12mm he said we would work with it and see what happens. We wouldn't do IUI this time just try nurture the follicle i had and do the bd. So we started on Puregon injections. When I went back for my progress scan it looked like the follicle hadn't grown much. it was only 14mm. He told me not to worry nothing is wrong and sometimes they are like bike riders where one will drop from the lead and another will take the lead. He upped the dose of Puregon, kept up the blood test. The next day I got a phone call saying that I was going to ovulate to take the Pregnyl injection and have a wild weekend. I had 3 pregnyl 1500 boosters.

I am happy to say after 1 cycle which started mid cycle with the Amazing Dr Warren I finally got my Now I'm praying for a sticker. My levels were high with my Progesterone being around 100 and my HCG at around 400 (hope I got that the right way round, I was so excited i didn't really listen properly to the numbers).

I really beleive Warren's positive attitude and agressive approach really helped. I would recommend this man to anyone. He is a genius!!

Baby dust to everyone
    Congratulations!! It's so lovely to hear of another Wazza miracle all the best for a smooth pregnancy!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Maozzie  (02-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies I have started a stim cycle with WDA I love in Cairns so planning wise we are aiming for a 5 day transfer if EPU was Monday does WDA do a Saturday transfer?? This is my first cycle with WDA. I have done 4 stims 2 fets in cairns.

Tia
    Bella

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btmac thanks yay keep your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Go forth and multiply wazza girls!

After 3 stims and 3 fets in Cairns with Cfc, at the ripe old age of 40, we bit the bullet and waited the few months to go down and see wazza. Neither of us had fert issues, except for our ages, and wazza realistically told us we had an 11% chance with my own eggs. Like many have said, we learnt more, had more tests and got more information than in the 2yrs we'd been cycling elsewhere.

He gave us our options:
    1. Go home, give up, have a nice life and enjoy each other.
    2. Start looking at younger donor eggs (he also set up an apt with his donor centre there n then. )
    3. We could cycle with him, with this 11% chance and amh of 1. He'll throw the kitchen sink at us.

So we went away, headed straight to a bar, with our heads spinning. We needed a drink! (And I hardly ever drink!)

We decided to go with option 3, Give it one last go with our own eggs and wazza. Sure, it'll be logistically and monetarily tough cycling from Cairns, but this was the best last shot we'd ever get. If this didn't work, we'd move on to South African donor eggs and hope for the success we'd heard about from so many.

3 wks later I woke up with wazza's trademark markings up my legs and arms telling me he'd got 4 eggs. We called the lab every day with baited breath and at the end of 5 days found We only had 1 surviving but thriving morula. So in it went, and I am now 21 weeks pregnant. Talk about the golden egg!

I couldn't tell you what it was. .. was it the Human Growth hormone? DHEA? Melatonin? Dh's daily goji berries? Was it just our time? Who knows, all i know is, it was my cycle with wazza.

Good luck out there Wazzas girls. You're definitely in with the best shot. Xxx

MusicalGal

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MusicalGal For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (27-10-2013),Butterfly39  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @MusicalGal I have tingles. Fantastic news. I just love reading these stories. I to have a golden egg from Wazza that's now 2.5 years old....

Mummy of Max 2 from donor eggs from my lovely sister.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

MusicalGal  (27-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to thank you for sharing your journeys on Bub Hub.

I've got an appointment in June of 2014. But I'm also on the cancelation list.
    At least there is still a chance for me.