+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Lucas View Post
    Bunnings has nice garden beds. The aluminium kind. And egg cartons are perfect for it. Milk cartons are good too. The paper ones. I bought a little seed raiser box from buntings for really cheap a little while back.
    Thanks do you know how much the beds are at bunnings?

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax Tellers Old Lady View Post
    Thanks do you know how much the beds are at bunnings?
    I've seen them for about $100. If you try a water tank maker they often sell them too...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    I've seen them for about $100. If you try a water tank maker they often sell them too...
    Thanks I went to bunnings today and the largest size which is what I'm after was $279 I'm hoping to find one cheaper than that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busy morning here thining out lettuce, planting onion shoots and potting capsicums

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are drowning in mandarins!!
    I've made mandarin and orange cake, mandarin and choc chip muffins, mandarin and sultana muffins! I've peeled and frozen segments...

Going to take a bag to my mum's tomorrow.

And there are still HEAPS of green ones! Plus the lemonade and lemon trees are full of starting-to-ripen fruit but we usually juice and freeze that.

We also have pumpkins that will be ready to pick in a couple of weeks. And heaps of other vegies popping up

DH is the gardener here, I just pick and eat/cook!

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by library-laksa View Post
    We are drowning in mandarins!!
    I've made mandarin and orange cake, mandarin and choc chip muffins, mandarin and sultana muffins! I've peeled and frozen segments...

Going to take a bag to my mum's tomorrow.

And there are still HEAPS of green ones! Plus the lemonade and lemon trees are full of starting-to-ripen fruit but we usually juice and freeze that.

We also have pumpkins that will be ready to pick in a couple of weeks. And heaps of other vegies popping up

DH is the gardener here, I just pick and eat/cook!
    Do you trim your citrus? My mandarin tree has taken ages to get a good size fruit and I'm thinking of just trimming them back and starting again....

Anyone done that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabushkaMumma View Post
    Do you trim your citrus? My mandarin tree has taken ages to get a good size fruit and I'm thinking of just trimming them back and starting again....

Anyone done that?
    Not sure but I would say most likely coz DH has a bit of a pruning habit!! Gotta love coming home to half the garden missing lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by library-laksa View Post
    Not sure but I would say most likely coz DH has a bit of a pruning habit!! Gotta love coming home to half the garden missing lol
    My DH is a horticulturist so you should see my garden after he gets a little trim happy

But I might trim them down and see if I can bring them back to life, we've lived here a year now and my limes are the best I've had here!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I should receive some seeds in the post today so I'll be sowing okra, brandywine tomatoes and new Zealand spinach this evening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you get your seeds from Diggers Club? We do.

I must say its really nice going out in the morning and bringing in a few mandarins and a nice warm egg (83g today, go Edna!)