+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bit of both, depends on the day and where we are. Mostly I just try and fill up on the way to work, or do it when DH is with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I leave the kids in the car

We live in a small town it's very rare to have a line up to pay, 99% of the time you walk straight up to counter no one else there, on the 1% it's only ever one person in front

I'm not getting my kids out the car for a 30 sec walk in, pay, walk out!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lizamarie for your concern but ive been pumping petrol for a quite a while, this child isnt my first and we havent had a splash yet so im sure i keep the child at a good distance. I do that mostly because im not keen on the child standing right next to it and getting high!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Msjames View Post
    I would get them both out?? Lol I really don't see the hassle?? Maybe it's just me but don't you get both kids out at the shops I don't see the difference people behind me just have to wait but like I said that's just me, if your different that's fine! That's your choice and I dont mind what your choice is just stating my choice!
    I wasn't having a go at you, I was genuinely curious. Yes, I do take my children out at the shops lol. There is a big difference between ducking into a servo for 2 minutes and having to park the car miles away at a shopping centre, go in to the supermarket and grab a few things.

I don't leave my children in the car just to keep waiting customers happy, I do it because I think it is safer. I also don't have the strength to carry a 15kg toddler on one arm and a 15kg baby on the other arm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Most of the time my DD does it for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This issue comes up every couple of months with people strongly believing in opposite opinions. (Different people assess the dangers of taking children across the tarmac and leaving kids in the car at different levels. And of course this can also vary depending on individual children.)

For myself, I take a baby in with me, but leave children that are capable of getting out by themselves, usually with a door open.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetseven For This Useful Post:

Shanaynay  (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This thread has been done so many times. No one ever agrees.

FTR, I don't drive, but I have no issue with XDP leaving DS on the car when paying for petrol. Not one iota of worry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave all 3 in the car. I get my fuel then drive forward and park in a parking bay right out front if one is free wind down the windows and lock the doors.

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ah! It's the "hands up neglectful mothers who risk children's lives by leaving them in cars" time again (seems SO soon! I have only just recovered from the last round)

I leave her in the car. She waves and sings along to Gunners.. So far she has survived quite well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoarsomeMum For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (05-04-2011),Fuchsia!  (05-04-2011),Pina Colada  (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take my two cuties in with me to pay. I get annoyed looks from people in cars behind me but my childrens safety is more important to me then them getting in and out faster!