+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If DS is asleep or relaxed, I'll generally leave him in the car and lock it. If it's really hot though I'll take him with me, I'd never leave him in a hot car even with the windows down.

As for when bub 2 comes along, it will be winter, so I think it will be fine for them to stay in the car while I pay. Once summer comes and I have 2, I'll have to put more thought into it - such as making a special trip once a week to fill up when the kids are with their dad (rare), or possibly only ever going to petrol stations that have a pay at the pump option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Girls Only Club View Post
    Leave them all in the car.

I park as far away from door as possible,fill up as slowly as possible walk and pay as slowly as possible.That couple of minutes away from the kids is my quiet time.

I leave her in the car. Its usually not busy when i go so it takes 5min, if that to fill up. On the few occasions it has been busy i take her in with me. I try to fill up on the way home from work when i can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies!
    Wasnt trying to start anything just wanted honest feedback.

I usually do both just depending on how busy it is at servo & how DS is behaving.
    Having 2nd soon just seeing what other mums did with more then 1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    & servos around here don't have credit card thing!
    That would be nice

cutiepatootie is offline Babelfish's exactly-the-same-with-no-variations-at-all alter ego
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah wouldn't it? We used to have pay at the pump ones and they all disappeared - I don't know why. We definitely need more of those.

By the way - of course you didn't mean to start anything It's just that these threads have been done soooooo many times and they always end up in a huge debate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave them in car, i have 3 kids im not getting them all out just to pop in to the servo.
    Having said that i live in a small town thats generally safe, the servo i choose is one where the bowsers are very close to the door, and i lock the door, crack the windows and dash in..
    Like others have said so many what ifs can happen, in both scenarios, u can only choose what u feel comfortable with and whats best for you..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    There's no way I'd take all three kids out of the car to pay for petrol. As I said in my earlier post a few pages ago, they stay in the car. Usually though, I get petrol/gas on the Tuesday when I don't have the kids for a few hours or the weekends when they stay at their dad's. Sometimes I have no choice but to take them with me and they stay in the car where I feel they're more safer.

ETA: On occasions, my almost 4 year old wants to come in with me, but so far she has been the only one to do so. If I was to leave her she'd climb to the front seat and play with all the bottons and steering wheel. She's usually pretty good though and will stay in her seat. I tell her I can see her from inside and if she gets out she's in big trouble and tell her about the risks etc.
    Last edited by mum2bubba; 05-04-2011 at 16:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I take my children with me when it is busy, but when I know I have the exact money and the attendant is free, I run in and pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have this problem as DH has the car but I think when I do I will leave them in the car, there is no way I would risk my children being run over by taking them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't feel comfortable living dd in the car I try and get petrol when I have someone else in the car or when I don't have dd even if it means driving for 2 day with tank on empty