+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    i make sure i filkj up at pump closest to the door and pop the windows down, lock the door and leave ds (17 mths old) in the car and bolt in and pay but ill take him in if its a hot day :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've only had to get petrol once with DS with me, either DP does it or I do it on my own at the weekend. I took him in with me, but it's easy when you just have one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I take him in with me, or i go when i dont have him in the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would never leave my child in the car, locked. What if something happened to me in the servo? No-one would know my child was locked in the car outside. I'm not having a go at other peoples choices, but that's my view on it.

I make DH fill my car up, or I take the children in with me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hera For This Useful Post:

Lincolns mummy  (05-04-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I park at the pump nearest the counter (so I can see the car from inside), put the window down a bit, lock the car and go in and pay - leaving DD in the car. I wait until there is no queue before I go in too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would never leave my child in the car i always take her in I don't take risks and it's so easy to get her in and out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Msjames View Post
    Would never leave my child in the car i always take her in I don't take risks and it's so easy to get her in and out!
    May I ask what risks there are?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I put the fuel in then let her out then we walk in to pay then return to the car

I only ever fill up once a fn so it's not like we have to stop there often but we also buy fruit from that same place or milk or whatever so it's like a shop too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its actually illegal to leave kids in the car at the servo, or anywhere. You cop a fine and a visit from DOCS. My sister in law recently left the kids in the car while she went in to pay and had the officer waiting next to her car when she returned with the kids standing next to him.

There would be many risks. You dont need keys to get into or start a car, bowsers can blow up, you never know who is around. Why risk it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, apparently I am the crappest parent in the world, because I leave my 22-month-old in the car, don't lock it, and go in and pay. If it's hot, I start the car before I go in to pay, to get the air conditioner going again.