+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have pretty much always left my kids in the car, and seeing that 7yo DD is a still a bolter, I will probably continue to do so depending on all variables

I have done a PRA based on my own experiences, best judgement and as many known, expected probables and possibilities, and for my family, I have made my own decisions

I also despise the girly trash magazines at the checkout at kids eye level and I am too tired to cop the whinges spurned on by of all the bait selling

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I NEVER leave my son in there, and once I have bub I will take the time to take both kids out, regardless of the complaints or nagging from ds1... I have witnessed someone I know nearly loose a child after a petrol station went up in flames, so would never risk that for my own son. Personal choice, but id rather take the extra few minutes to take him out than leave him in and forever regret it.

RoarsomeMum is offline Right to speak, responsibility to listen..
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP not in ANY way having a go at you

Sometimes I really do forget not everyone has been here forever.. - I also have a sense of humor that can translate really badly in text. - Pregnancy hormones can be horrible.. but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Start as many threads about as many things as you want!!! (all the rest of us do)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I leave him at home by himself =P

Nah in the car I'm on my L plates so hubby is always with me if I need to drive. The counter has a giant line of chocolate.. Yeah that's not happening. I'd rather him sit there withhubby playing games on the iPhone that having a meltdown because I refuse to buy him some lolly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I left dd in the car locked once window down I could see her the whole time. But I felt so guilty thinking someone would get up me. I just try to go on my own or with dh. But I don't have a problem with other people leaving there kids in the car.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm lucky that DP makes sure my car is always full, but if i had to i would leave them in the car. My 2yr old DD is a runner , so i think juggling newborn DS with DD trying to bolt would be too risky.

However i know someone mentioned in an earlier post that they know someone who had a police officer waiting at their car when they got back. This also happened to one of my friends, the police officer let her off with a warning but said if he saw her do it again she would get a fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Girls Only Club View Post
    Leave them all in the car.

I park as far away from door as possible,fill up as slowly as possible walk and pay as slowly as possible.That couple of minutes away from the kids is my quiet time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie087 View Post
    I NEVER leave my son in there, and once I have bub I will take the time to take both kids out, regardless of the complaints or nagging from ds1... I have witnessed someone I know nearly loose a child after a petrol station went up in flames, so would never risk that for my own son. Personal choice, but id rather take the extra few minutes to take him out than leave him in and forever regret it.
    I have seen people almost get run over because of some hooligan driving through a service station with no consideration for others!

Home, where my life lies waiting, silently, for me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    on the odd occasion I fill up solo, DD comes in with me. Usually we fill up together.