+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Smile Student midwife looking to support women in Melbourne

Greetings Bubhubbers!

My name is Katie and I am a student midwife currently undergoing study at ACU in Melbourne.

As part of our education, student midwives are required to 'follow' 19 amazing pregnant women throughout their perinatal journey, providing support and a friendly face when its needed. I'm here to give you a support during your pregnancy and have a mentor who is an experienced midwife who will guide me. All that would be required from you is that I accompany you to at least 2 antenatal appointments and 2 postnatal visits, the rest is up to you! This is a one-on-one relationship and is treated with the highest respect and confidentiality. If at any stage you would like the relationship to end, it will be. You are in control.

If you are under 35 weeks pregnant and are willing to share your amazing pregnancy journey with me, please email me at katie.ftj@gmail.com. I would LOVE to hear from you.
    Most women who participate in our program find it a rewarding and helpful experience. I'm sure we will have a fantastic time together.

Thank you!
    Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am thrilled that a couple of wonderful women have contacted me!

Below is a picture of me and a contact number/email if anyone else is interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dearest Bub-Hubbers,

Some of the women who have contacted me are a little confused as to my role in the FTJ program.
    My role is to support you throughout your pregnancy . This support can range from accompanying you to appointments, gathering information, chatting about anything and everything or just being an open ear and a kind face when you need it. Our contact with each other is definitely not limited to clinical appointments. To give you a better idea, I have accompanied women to the following activities:

Antenatal appointments
    Aqua aerobics
    Movies
    Shopping/grocery trips
    Picnics & Mothers groups
    Assembling baby furniture
    Acupuncture
    Visits/play time in park with mum and bubs-to-be's siblings.

I hope this answers and further questions you may have.
    If you are interested in the program or want more information, please do not hesitate to contact me via email or mobile.

Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!

I have met some wonderful women through bubhub.com. I have been both honoured and humbled to be a part of their precious journeys. I've had a lot of fun and have learnt a great deal through women sharing their experiences

I am still seeking willing women in Melbourne who are interested in the Follow Through Program.
    All of my details are in the posts above. If you would like more information, please do not hesitate to contact me

Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Katie,

Can you please let me know what part of Melbourne you are in?

Thanks
    melindaross@live.com.au

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I would love to help u out....what part of Melbourne r u looking for?

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi jjnella!
    Thank you for asking about the program. I am located in Brunswick, so its easy for me to travel around Melbourne and surrounding areas.
    If you would like any more info, you can email me at katie.ftj@gmail.com.
    Have a super day!
    Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Bubhubbers,

Another year of study down, and a lot of new friendships forged. I am still seeking wonderful Melbourne women to support during their pregnancies and early parenthood. Drop me an email or PM if you want more information or just want to chat.

Katie
    Last edited by polkaudio; 21-02-2012 at 13:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!

I'm now entering my second year of studying and am looking for more wonderful pregnant women interested in the Follow Through Program.

In the last year I have the honour of being in partnership with a number of women throughout their pregnancies and beyond. These experiences have had a massive impact on my studies and my overall motivation to become a midwife. I have learnt so much from the special women who chose to share their pregnancy journey!

If anyone is interested in the Follow Through Program or just wants to know more about what is involved, please feel free to drop me a pm or email me!
    I cant wait to see what this year brings!

Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to add, that Katie followed through my pregnancy as part of her studies! She is fantastic! It was so great to have someone who I could call on for advice or ask questions at any time of the day! She's a very open minded, supportive woman and I'm SO glad I contacted her! Eddie Is my second bub and I wanted to have the birth I missed out on with the first - it was everything I dreamed if and more - a lot of that wouldn't have been possible without Katie! I highly recommend contacting her and being a part of this program!