+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Alysha,

Congratulations on your lovely new girl! I'm really pleased for you that she's arrived safely, and all is well.

I did just want to clarify though, there's nothing wrong with my daughter either - she just has Down syndrome. I know you don't mean any offense by your comment, but it's good to think about how you phrase things.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fox in Sox For This Useful Post:

ChangedMyMind  (07-08-2011),daisymae  (12-09-2012),trishalishous  (07-08-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
    PS.
    Fox. Omg. That blog is soo uber CUTE. I just showed DF and he giggled at all the gorgeous expressions those two LOs have!! The blog I have been reading of late is: http://www.kellehampton.com/

Nella's birth story is here: http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/01/...rth-story.html and it is just amazing because her photographer friends captured it on film. She was unaware of her beautiful daughter's DS until her birth and it is amazing to see the turnaround she has within a few short pictures xoxox
    Thanks for the link to the blogs ladies. I've been enjoying reading them.
    I've read the birth story of Kelle before, but its lovely to revisit and see how Nella is doing now.

I also want to say, that no matter what happens daisymae, you will be a fantastic mother

Congrats to Alysha on your daughter arriving safe and healthy
    Last edited by PurpleButterfly4; 06-08-2011 at 13:24. Reason: forgot to add something

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PurpleButterfly4 For This Useful Post:

daisymae  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox in Sox View Post
    I did just want to clarify though, there's nothing wrong with my daughter either - she just has Down syndrome. I know you don't mean any offense by your comment, but it's good to think about how you phrase things.
    Thanks F-I-S!! I'm so glad you said this
    I'm so sick of hearing what I'm sure are well wishers with the best of intentions say good luck and congratulations on a negative result, like the alternative is a bad thing. Anyway you know who I am & what I mean , I just wanted to say thanks to you for standing up for all the mums like us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChangedMyMind For This Useful Post:

daisymae  (12-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argh ladies! Coming back to this thread was on my to do list for like a year -_- I'm so, so sorry I haven't replied! I thought I had at one stage lol!

Well, I had a crazy and traumatic 'birth' experience, but he got here safely (no thanks to hospital staff, geez!), via caesar on Monday 18th July 2011. He was almost 9lb. No wonder I got so large!

We named him Leo Ijpke. He does not have Down Syndrome. It was definitely not even on my mind in the last days and weeks, as the little bugger had me in pretty hardcore labour for about 4 days and two weeks of painful Braxton Hicks before that. Sigh. all along, my main concern was just any health complications that may arise (irrespective of how many chromosomes he has), so I was more than relieved that there were none to speak of! YAY! I had actually accepted that he did have down syndrome, so when I finally had a moment alone after he was born, it was almost like I discovered he didn't have DS and had to process that, if that makes sense? I'm a bit weird :s Anyway, he is very loud and grotty and now 14 months old. Dutchie and I recently got married and that was a bloomin' nightmare with a baby!

Otherwise, I have just spent a lot of time working on some bad PND and PTSD from his birth, but I am back to functioning like a *normal* person again haha.

How is everyone? And your beautiful babies?? I have been thinking of you for over a year now. Feeling so blessed and grateful that women like yourselves reached out and welcomed me into the club when I really needed the support and to knowledge of other mums.

Thank you so, so much. I feel like a traitor, to be honest. To take all your help and then disappear quietly. It wasn't deliberate, I swear!

I hope everyone is doing amazingly

Thanks
    Reviews
    And please, Fox and Changedmymind (and anyone else!), I hope you will keep I'm touch? I have to see pictures of those gorgeous girls of yours! They must have really taken off! Xoxo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And please, Fox and Changedmymind (and anyone else!), I hope you will keep I'm touch? I have to see pictures of those gorgeous girls of yours! They must have really taken off! Xoxo.
    Thanks for the update daisymae.

Glad to hear you and your boy are well - love the name!

We are all good here, and I have attached a pic of my Supergirl, who was three in June, and is going from strength to strength.

029 Pea.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews

My princess passed away 8 weeks ago.

All the best for your little one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Changed my mind, I'm so sorry for the loss of your precious and much loved princess.