+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    CONGRATS Shelby & Family and welcome to the world little Aiden!
    Little boys are so much fun! Enjoy him

Hi to all the girls! Not really posting much atm. Trying to not let ttc consume my life and with the IVF coming up I'm probably being more distant as trying to keep occupied and happy with everything else. I guess just my way of dealing atm. I am reading though and I'm not going anywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to the world little Aiden xxxx

I've got heaps to post. I'll jump on later at work. Better get up now. It's seriously about 4 degrees in Melb this morning. Bbbrrrrrr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Birth story

Details: Drug free, waterbirth
    Name: Aiden Douglas Reid

D.O.B: 06/05/2011
    EDD: 09/05/2011
    Time: 6.16pm
    Length: 50cm long
    Head: 33cm
    Weight: 7lb4/3.3kg

I started to get mind contractions at about 12am Friday morning but slept through them until 4am when i got up and started timing them. We went into hospital at around 8am which I guess was the wrong thing to do as they died down. At lunch time the midwife said I can either go home, stay or go for a walk, so DH and I went for a walk around Queen's Park in Ipswich and looked at all the animals, with contractions every 4 minutes, only about one lady was looking like she was going to stop and ask if I was ok, lucky it was a quiet day at the park, as I stood there griping onto DH trying to breath

We went back to the hospital at around 2pm and paced around for awhile and got in the shower, but I was so tired the contractions again died down a bit. My midwife recommended I get some rest so I layed down and maybe slept a broken 1 hr in between contractions. The contractions where very severe but still about 5-6 min apart. My mum suggested I get out of bed and get the baby moving by walking around so I got up to have a pee first and all of sudden on the toilet the contractions just started one on top of the other. My waters broke on the toilet at 4.50pm my midwife ran a bath and I got in about 5.10pm, and after 47 min of pushing I gave birth to Aiden Douglas Reid at 6.16pm totally drug free in a waterbirth, was exactly how I wanted it to be done. So happy and my little fella is doing great!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woowoo brrr 4 degrees yuk lucky I live in QLD although i'm still cold up here at the moment too but its not 4 degrees

Second I'm still so excitied for you, yay you deserve it!!

Thanks for all the congratulations girls I really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shelby - that is fantastic that you got the birth plan you wanted!!! Hope your enjoying this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Shelby and family on the new addition!!! Sounds like an awesome birth story!!

KrissyM - are you in the June group too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shelby your birth story sounds just perfect! So so happy for you that it went that way.

afm, I am pretty down about this whole ttc thing I have to say. It's just one nightmare after another. I had my scan yesterday and got some more bad news. The painful embryo transfer I had last time is apparently caused by bad scartissue that has changed they shape of the entry to my uterus probably from my c-sec with ds and my dr is even concerned about it holding up through pregnancy without rupturing if I can get pregnant I will be carefully monitored and I doubt I will ever get the three children I always dreamed of. We are going through with this cycle but he has admitted it will be a challenge and if this one fails I have more surgery and possibly will need my embryo transfers done under anaesthetic directly into my uterus I just feel broken and not sure how much I can go through. I almost want to just give up on this dream and try to imagine a new life, but not sure I can.

sorry for such a downer girls just really having a hard time right now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daydreamer that's terrible news!! *hugs* I know how hard it would be to give up on a dream - so I would fight. If you need GA for the transfer then maybe that's the way it needs to be. Babies are little miracles and I'm positive you will get yours! It might just be a bit more hard work than you first anticipated.
    TTC is SO tough. I'm so sorry to hear your news. Keep your chin up Hun, if you can imagine yourself with a little baby, then it's meant to be xxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear that DD! Big hugs

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Daydreamer - im so sorry, if it wasnt bad enough ttc and ivf, u have to deal with this. im sorry. But go with GA for epu.