+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 136 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Digby, I don't think I will be able to make it on 2nd as I have a big week next week, but maybe next time

LM, West Beach caravan park is nice, and great for the kids too I hear. My friends go there regularly and love it. When I worked down that way I used to drive through and it seemed lovely and clean, etc. Shouldn't be too busy this time of year either.

AFM, one step forward, two steps back. Feeling sh1t today, hourly wake ups last night, goodness knows what's going on. tempted to ask to go back to torrens house

Anyway, mister awake must go...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby : that works for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - thanks - is that the one where the little train from semaphore goes past the front of it (beach side) i took max on the train not long ago and went past some really nice cabins - might have to go for a drive and check it out! I would def go back to torrens house lickety split!! you need some sleep!

Digby - i dont fit in scuzzi with my ginormous pram, vagabondo i fit in, or fellini - or just go without me - i wont be offended. I hope Z starts sleeping better for you soon!

Just tried the babes on some apples - BIG HIT!!!! Then i gave them tummy time facing each other and they were full blown talking and giggling with each other - even reaching out to touch - i juts realised they barely see much of each other, always in bouncy chairs, seperate bassinets, under different play mats etc - will have to let them 'play' more often - I can see that as they grow they are going to be sooooooo much fun!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lulusmum....cafe Fellini sounds good! So 12pm next tues 2nd August. (can you just let me know what it's near, can't recall whereabouts on O'Connell St it is, but there sounds fine)
    Once I know numbers I'll make a booking
    Must be tricky sometimes with a double pram. Is it ok b/feeding there do you know? I always cover up but just like to make sure.

Well.....hoping for a better nights sleep, feeling it big time today. One hours sleep is just not enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby - i fed there about 2 weeks ago - no one seemed to mind, but then again i think i am oblivious to funny stares etc. It is hard with a double pram, i do fit through doors easily but i know that scuzzis tables are tight so i wont fit at the table....when i went to fellini it was for breaky so not many people - lets see how we go at lunch time!!! I will be there with the twins but not Max - hes at childcare on tuesdays. can you let them knwo when you book that i will have the mini bus with me pls - and its just across the road from the cinema x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Digby.....sorry to hear you're still having lots trouble with Z sleeping. Can't imagine how exhausted and tired you must be feeling!! . Hope she improves soon! am loving the photos on FB!

LM...great work with the twins and the solids!! can't believe you're at that stage already!! . well done on all your reno organising too! Sounds like you have a great plan to stay at home for the next 16 years!! think of all the daytime naps you can have once all the kids are at school!

Waiting....glad you arrived safely! hope you enjoy your few nights of uninterrupted sleep! great story about A and her spotting the snake! you'll giggle about that one forever!! at least she knew what sound a snake makes! . Take care and hope you're having fun there!

Liv.....hope cooper gets better very very soon!! hope you're ok!

Shy.....man you've had a rough time!! i'm one cranky pants woman after one bad nights sleep! god knows how you've made it through the last 7 months without going insane!! you've done a fabulous fabulous job to get yourself so far. I certainly hope S takes the bottle soon for you! PND is one of those illnesses we can often deny to ourselves if we have or not. I reckon i certainly went through some PND but i never went to a dr or CYH about it. I had some days where i just had no patience and just cried and cried. I think half the reason BF didn't last long for me was that I couldn't handle the complete dependence on me overnight and the fact that it hurt so much. I probably should've given myself more of a chance to persevere with it but i had had enough at around 2 months - well that's when my milk dried up because we were giving formula overnight so DH could help and was giving formula when visitors were over cos i didn't have the confidence to BF in front of others. i kept saying to DH "i really dont want to BF....I really dont want to BF" and i just cried and cried each time. I cried cos it hurt! So i guess that's where my PND started and went after a bit. and then it came back at a few times the whole 8 months i was on leave and then i just wanted to be back at work to have a break. now i'm sad because i'm back at work too much for my liking! . Will write more about that below. Anyway, what i'm saying is lots of mothers go through some sadness in their circumstances and we all certainly have our fair share of stresses and struggles. Big hugs to you and i hope that you're ok and hope that you can talk to someone if you need to!!

Rach.....hope your mastitis goes away real soon!! is marli latching any better when you do get a chance to get her on the boob? can't wait to see photos whenever you're ready to share them.

Livvy.....hi! great to hear from you!! I think the 'no underwire' thing is to make sure your milk ducts dont get blocked??? (someone correct me if that's wrong). I'm such an underwire girl that i used to feel odd without a underwire bra on! but yep lulusmum is right in sticking your clenched fist into any bra that you try on because that's allowing for extra room for when your boobs double in size when the milk comes in! goodluck at your ob appt!

Winzy......man you've got a huge decision to make there - not that i needed to tell you that! All i can say is that you need to be sure of what you want to do or what your financial situation is like. If you can afford unpaid leave with no worries then i might suggest maybe stay home for 2-3 years to spend as much time as possible with O. If you think you would be happy being permanent part time then i would suggest you do that. I would love to be part time and be home with C a bit more than I am but financially we can't. I need my full time pay. My dilemma is that i'm starting to become really sad that i'm missing out on all the fun stages of C now. I'm actually jealous of how much fun he's having at childcare and i'm jealous that they're getting to spend this fun stage with him. I have to work. there's no choice about it. and because i have to work i want to make sure i enjoy work and my job and workplace is the job and place that i want to be cos i enjoy going there everyday. problem is my job needs to be full time as i'm a PA to an ED and we were trialling me doing a 9 day fortnight but i get the feeling that my boss thinks that that plan might not be working. I feel like we go around in circles every time that fortnight comes around and i get the feeling she really would prefer me to be in the office. I was meant to have tomorrow off and this morning she's like "we need to work out if this is going to work".......that to me says "i would prefer you to be here". I actually wanted to cry all day because now i feel like i have to be there because i want my job. i dont want to give up my job. I feel really really really sad and wanted to cry all day because i feel like i'm dumping my child on someone else to look after nearly full time! DH is home one day a week with C so that makes me feel a bit better. So I guess i felt like i had no choice but to give up my fortnightly day off. So i booked him in to childcare permanently on wednesdays now - so now he's there 4 days a week! I also feel terrible because there are going to be people that are going to look at me and think "why have children if you're only going to dump them in childcare so young". I know it would be great to be there for my child but reality is that I have to work. Govt funds wouldn't be enough for me/us and i can't go part time in my job. It just really really sucks tho. really sucks. i'm actually quite upset that i'm now in the situation where i can't be with my child other than weekends and about an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. it's not fair. What does make me feelmg better tho is that i absolutely love his childcare centre. they're absolutely awesome and i'm so so so impressed with them and dont think i could've found a better centre......so that makes me feel better knowing he's being well looked after....but it doesn't compare to me having that one extra day with him that i was meant to have and was looking forward to having. I dont have the patience or the yearn to be a full time SAHM but i certainly would've loved to be home part time if life were perfect...but it's not. I hope that you can work out what's best for you and what you enjoy doing. If you find that you really enjoy being home full time then stay at home for at least 2-3 years. If you think you'll be happy to do permanent part time for a while then do that too but dont go back to work until you absolutely have to. Also, i'm not totally career focussed - that's not the reason i have to work. the reason i have to work is finances and because i want to keep my job instead of going to one that i wont enjoy. but once my boss leaves then so will i. who knows when that will be but i'm only staying where i am cos i enjoy working for her (even tho she's made me feel now like i cant have my day off).

Hi to all those i've missed!!

AFM....so yeah....all that above! Had a very sad day at work today coming to the realisation that i feel like i'm dumping my child in someone elses care and i guess i feel a bit robbed of my chance to be at home with my baby so young. I guess i have those days to be at home with him when he's sick but i guess i just feel a bit sad and sorry that it's come to this. Some people are going to look down on me for going back to work full time but they can go shove it where the sun dont shine because not everyone can afford to be home financially and everyones circumstances are different. i just wish mine were different too.
    Oh....and sorry.....obviously i cant make any weekday catchups!

Hope you're all well!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - I totally understand your point. You need to be in a job that you enjoy and if anyone looks down on you then they should just p1ss off and mind their own business. It's a tough decision and I'd be sad too. Are you sure this is what your boss wants? Have you asked her directly? If you tell her how much you'd like this day to spend with C and how important it is to you, maybe she'll understand. Does she have kids? Are you sure you can't work out together how you could work 9 days?

Shy - big hugs to you. You really are Having a tough time. Go back to TH!

Winzy - I got the urge to work again around 10-12 months after E was born. I didn't want full-time work though just something different to focus on. Sorry I'm not much help.

Digby - hope you get to sleep more too.

Waiting - hilarious snake story. Hope the SE is going well.

LM - you're going to have sooo much fun with Max and the twins. I've heard Kingston has a nice caravan park too.

MG - hope you're having a fab time.

Liv - loving all mini Cs photos on FB

Kiwi - hope you're enjoying your busy week

AFM, the ABs kicked in quickly and I'm feeling much better. Fortunately it didn't last long but the first night (before I got the ABs was pretty bad). Well so long as everything goes well tomorrow night I'm rooming-in at the hospital and then on Thursday M is coming home!!! I can't believe it! Provided there's no hiccups between now and then anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    congratulations to Country & DH on the birth of a little boy Callan James weighing 3.62kg and 51cm long.
    Country was induced last night but ended up having a csection this afternoon at 2.07pm
    wishing you all the best, enjoy cuddling your baby boy and hope you recover soon from the csection. xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    As you can see it's 1.30am and I'm still up. EVERYTIME I get Z to sleep and put her in her bassinet she wakes up screaming then I have to start the whole process again. I've been doing this since 9pm tonight. I've had eneough I just need some sleep. I've just managed to get her to sleep AGAIN but still holding her, too scared to put her back down and having to start all over again.
    Anyway, better give it a shot it works this time and mumma can get some rest too

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS Country & DH on the birth of Callan. Welcome little Callan. I hope you're all doing well.