+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 136 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mastitis

Will be back for personals when I'm feeling better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby : that would be lovely to catch up with you and winzy and see the bubbas the only day that is hard for me is friday .

LM: would love to come to a play date and see you max and belle and ned

Rach : I hope you feel better soon huni I have never had it but beleive it is very painful sending you a big hug xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy : I fully agree with you cause you are both under alot of emotional stress at the moment I hope they are able to find a way to help your neice .

Let me know when things have settled down and we can catch up for lunch and I can give you a big hug and cooper and samuel can play xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies I just have a minute till O gets out of the bath and needs another feed. Will be back for personals soon (prob during the 2 or 5/6 am feed lol!) I just need some wise words of wisdom from you all...

I have an urgent question... my boss has rung and I need to let him know how many years of parenting leave I want to take in the next couple of days. You see, our EBA allows us to take 1,2,3,4 or 5 years of unpaid parenting leave and they have to keep our job open. I need to lock in a certain number of years. I cant go back earlier or go back part time without losing my full time permanent position which I love, but I can say Ill go back earleir as a part time permanent (no guarantee of ever working full time there again). What should I do? Those of you with toddlers and school aged kids - when did you feel the urge to go back to full time work if at all? Is full time work too difficult with kids at kindy / school? I dont want to miss these first few year s of Owens life with full time work that doesnt really stop when i get home (due to marking prep etc) but I dont want to lose my job and financial and personal rewards of working either. I need to let him know in the next couple of days. Big decision. What would you do???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy - i can honestly say i will never work full time again in my life until my kids are grown - and by that i mean at uni or at least after they finish school. we are financially able to do that and i want to be there for all the 'school' stuff, sports, and to look after my family and house so the time on weekend when we are all together is quality time, not racing around trying to do stuff. I am getting the urge to do some work now, after being off work since march of 2009 - so over 2 years now. I did do my nursing pracs full time though when max was 3 months old, 10 months and again at 17 months - it was bloody hard slog - you race home, fed em, bath em and put them to bed, then spend the rest of the night prepping bags, feeds etc for the following day - not my cup of tea!! I do crave the social aspect of work and while i am probably as social as ever with 'baby' things i find that talking 'baby talk' gets boring after a while - i want gossip!!!! So - i guess around 2 years i got 'itchy' - x

Rach - oh no, you poor thing. Ive heard the ABs kick in quick so i hope you feel better soon. Any word on marli coming home? I read somewhere 7-10days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quick hello cos my internet is crap its sooooo slow. Ahhh well! I made it safe and sound, 4 hour drive today and I start at the school tomorrow morning. Get bak home to Adelaide Thurs night. Looking forward to it and Im sure A will have a ball without me - Ive been away from her before and she coped fine so Im sure this will be no exeption!

Winzy- Ive always been quite career focussed but found the first 12months at home (well a month before A was born and up until As first birthday) I had no desire to go back to work so I resigned when I was due to return. But..... the working bug has bitten me and I know for my sanity I need to return before having another baby. I guess it will depend for you whether you need to return financially, if you feel you might 'want' to return in the future and how soon you plan on having another baby (ie - if you want to go back to work between babies like I do or if you're happy to stay off work until you've finished having kids)

Rach - Ouch mastitis hope it clears up quickly

Have to share a funny though - I was laying in bed this morning and DH had got up to get dressed. I could hear A walk in to our room while he was dressing and stop, then she said "Daddy... Snake..... hissssss" bahahahahahaha lets just say DH got dressed REALLY quickly after that while mumbling something about "no A its not a snake Ill explain it when you're a big girl" hahahahahaha. I still giggle everytime I think of it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Rach - Ouch, hope the AB's clear it up soon. So Marli is coming home soon??

Waiting - "snake", ******* hilarious!!! All the best for today.

LM - Wed next week is out for me, otherwise free. Oh, did you mean the NEXT week???

Digby - I'll love to catch up and finally meet you. When were you planning?

Winzy - Tough call, I think the others have made some really good points. I love being an at home Mum, have been for 11yrs. I have worked part time during that time and it's hard work with little ones. I am now hanging out to have a career again and will return to full time study in 18mths, then full time work to get residency. Hard work I imagine. But has to be done, over being a 2nd class citizen. Oh and the extra $$$ wouldn't go astray, big kids are expensive.

Shy - to you hun. Mr Samuel, sleep for your Mummy please. Take care hun, no shame in becoming depressed, (it is an illness after all) keep a close eye on your self. Can your Mum give you a break?? I had PND with J, and the meds really helped and you can take them while BF.Are you sleeping when S does at night, or do you lie there awake?

Liv, Lisa, Country, Livvy, MA, MG and anyone I've missed

AFM - Had a great break in Burra. Now must get my butt to the airport to pickup to Aunties from NZ, then over to the hospital for MIL's operation, busy, busy.............

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

Just popping in to say hello and see how everyone is going and to give a bit of an update on me

kiwi - glad to hear you had a lovely time in Burra, sounds like it was the perfect opportunity to have a break before you had to get back to being busy

winzy - yikes, i dont envy your position. obviously i dont have kids yet so I can't fully answer the question but for me it's important to take as much time as I can to be with my kids when they're young. They have a whole lifetime to be adults and only a few short years to be little, so I want to be there with them for that stage. It's so different for everyone though, and I know when our time comes it might end up being a more difficult decision than I think, mainly because of finances. I'm not particularly career focused anyway so I cant imagine I'll yearn to go back to work (although I guess you never know!!) but financially at some point down the track I guess I'll have to! Good luck making your decision.

waiting - lololol what a classic story about your DH and his "snake", ah kids, they are just too cute.

Rach - hope you're feeling better soon

AFM - things here are okay. I'm currently 15 and a half weeks with our twinnies, I took a pic the other day of my emerging bump

http://i51.tinypic.com/98x8k6.jpg

I don't know if that's "big" for 15 weeks or not but it feels big to me!

I did a bit of reading last night that said when preg you shouldn't be wearing bras with underwire, and i've done some searching online to try and find maternity bras but they all seem to be in sizes too big for me so I'm not sure what to do! I'm only a 10A, and even since being preg, while I fill out my bras better than before I wouldn't say I'd gone up a cup size yet. I can hardly find 10B's in maternity bra's let alone 10A's so I'm not sure what to do!!

Also trying to figure out the best option between slings and baby carriers as we've been given a lot of conflicting advice and we're not sure which way to go! Ahh so confusing. On the up side, we did buy our cots the other day, there was a big Boori sale at baby junction and we got them half price which was great. It feels soon to be buying cots if i'm honest, but it when they're on sale like that, it felt crazy not to!
    Have my next OB appt on Friday, looking forward to going in and checkin gon my little bubbas. I always start to get nervous at this point when I haven't seen them for awhile!

Also we are going to Hawaii on holiday in about three and a half weeks! HOORAY! can't wait!!!
    Last edited by Livvyloo; 26-07-2011 at 14:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvy - bras and things have a nice range, although they are expensive. Your boobs will be at their biggest when your milk comes in so if they havent got much bigger you can just go to sports crop of soft cup bra now and spend the money later in pregnancy on some proper maternity drop cup bras. Generally the rule is with maternity bras is to make a fist and stick it in your cup - thats how much bigger they will be when you are breastfeeding!

just wondering if anyone knows of any nice caravan parks down by the beach - we have to mobe out for 2 nights while the kitchen goes in (well, we dont have to but i wont have powerpoints or cupboards, cookers etc so easier to go!) - was thinking i could at least make the move out fun by going down the beach so max can run wild!! we have decided to wait till summer to do the bathroom though, then we can just rig up a camping shower outside and i can hose off the kids instead of another full blown move out..

Hoep you are all well, took my twinnies shopping today at the plaza - they love that they can sit up in the pram a bit now and look out- i stopped for coffee and annabelle had a full blown conversation with me - tooooo cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi,winzy,Liv,Lulusmum & anyone else interested in catching up how does tues 2nd Aug sound? Only thing is Z won't b immunized until the 4th, happy to meet at a cafe but not a kids cafe until after jabs. Sorry if I sound a bit paranoid or over the top. From what Lulusmum said the Norwood one doesn't sound that great anyway & bubbles would be too far for winzy (and shy if she wants to come)
    How does scuzzis at nrth ad for lunch sound? Understand if not suitable with toddlers and any other suggestion would be great! I was thinking round 12pm if good for all. Where having really **** nights still (only got an hours sleep last night but that's another story) so mornings I try to get a bit of a lie in if I can. Sorry to be a pain.