+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 136 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Shy - please don't apologise. It's the middle of the night, and you are exhausted. You need a break. It's totally natural to feel resentful. Big hugs to you. I really hope ds starts sleeping for you. You can't continue on like this. Can dh do more to help you?? I know that he does shift work and gets tired and needs to be on the ball for the job, but you do too and it seems you are burning the candle at both ends. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    shy : honey please feel free to vent it must be hard for you when s does not sleep i wish I could give you a sure thing cure but i can not their is a sleep dr in Adelaide called dr. symmons and he is fantastic a friend of ours used them and had great success if you would like i can come over with cooper and we can play with s so you are able to get some sleep ?

As for the PND honey it is very common and everyone copes with it differently and I think for you it would be harder as you guys are under a huge amount of stress with your niece as well as s not sleeping I think you are doing a fabulous job and if you feel you need medication for it dont be ashamed about it I am sending you a big hug and I will give you a call today

bbl for more personals

Thanks
    Reviews
    told you I would be back lol

Rach : how is m going ?

LM: how is things for you ?

lisa : how did the garage sale go ? any whitegoods yet ?

waitting": good luck for your prac i hope you have a fantastic week

kiwi: kids back at school next week time for some relaxation ?
    mg: I hope you are having an amazing time away ?
    not sure on the new format well things have been moving along nicely her cooper has been sitting unassisted for about three weeks now and is now commando crawling which is so cute he has started to devlop his own personality now cheeky monkey and he is 8 months old today and is so loved and precious to us in our eyes he is perfect the poor little man is getting over rsv at the moment so we have been leading a very quite life but starting to get back on track again now it has been a tough month but the bright side of the rainbow is their.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just lost a long post BUGGER!!

Shy.....that sux completely your still not getting enough sleep. I really hope it improves big time & soon so you can enjoy what's left of your m/leave. One thing I dread more than anything is going back to work with a baby who sleeps crapy. It's hard enough getting by ongoing with the sleep dep (only early days for me with Z still so don't want to keep complaining) but geez your poor thing you've been sleep deprived for 7 months. I really feel for you hun. No wander you got a high score on the PND test. You've got so much to deal with personally ATM with your niece also. I'm not going to suggest for you to get DH to help more as if his anything like my DH won't do alot of good. Do you have someone like your mum/sister/close friend who could stay overnight every now & again to help you out by tending to S at night & let you sleep? As for the PND test I scored high & failed big time but definatly dont feel like I have it. Alot of the test is circumstantial & for me the TTC stage & nearly losing Zahli at birth is what made my score so high. I spoke to the nurse & she agreed with me that many score high due to circumstances they've been through all going through. Just makes you a higher candidate for it. Being sleep dep for so long would make me crack, no one can function properly without sleep long term. I hope things get better for you & please vent away on here when you need to & don't apologize for doing so. Especially if it helps you to get it out that's a good thing. And if you find you do need to take something for PND if you do feel you have it dont feel bad about it either. There's medication for it you can take which is completely safe to take while breast feeding.

Liv......glad mini c is feeling better & go the commando crawling!!!!

Country....how exciting sounds like someones having a baby this week!! Can't wait to read your post. If you would like me to announce for you feel free to send me a msg on f/bk or let me know if you'd like my mobile no if txn is easier. Wishing you all the best for a fantastic birth xxx

Well guys, back to trying to arrange a catchup, I've pm'd winzy & she's keen also but suggested to her if we all meet at the kids cafe at Norwood so it's not so far for herself & also Shy (I'd so love to catchup with you also) now.....I don't have a clue where the kids cafe in Norwood is or if it's any good? Lol!! Just know there apparently is one there. Does anyone know of it & could give some feedback.
    For those who are interested anytime after the 4th Aug as I want Z to have her first lot of shots before venturing to a kiddie cafe!! I just thought a kid cafe would suit mums with toddlers who are free to come. The only days no good for me are Wednesday's & Thursday's due to mummy groups

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, just a quick post from me just got home from a 1st Birthday and Im knackered, Little Miss is chilling out (once again no sleep today and she's been jumping on a Jumping Castle and running around since 12noon!!)

Shy - Dont feel bad we all need to vent sometimes! I agree with the comments others have said, maybe some extra help might be useful but I wanted to say that ITS OK if you have PND. I know a lot of people try to talk it down and yes, I agree with Digby that the results can be circumstancial due to stuff affecting you in your life at the time but if you feel something is not right please seek help and support.

I hope no-one takes this the wrong way but I just wanted to share that Ive been through depression and meds myself and personally I felt so lost and overwhelmed with people saying 'it will be ok' and 'just think positively' etc etc but sometimes its just not ok and we cant do that. Once I started the meds it was amazing how over time things got better and I was able to start coping again. Im not saying you have PND and that you must take the meds, please dont take it the wrong way - I just wanted to say that sometimes in today's society we can be very 'anti' medication and theres a stigma associated with depression and medication but sometimes its the little 'leg up' people need when times just get a bit much. I hope that things can improve for you soon

Well Id better run, Im off to the S/East tomorrow for the first preliminary days preparing for my prac so I really had better go pack and get organised!! At this stage I get back late Thurs night, not sure if I will have internet access yet or not so have a good week if I dont get online. Nervous about meeting the supervisors and getting to know the school etc on Tues but Im sure it will be great. Lots of our family from the S/East were at the party today, they were quite excited about me going down and very supportive so that really helped me feel positive. Gonna miss A like crazy though! (oh and I suppose DH too... )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting....just wanted to wish you all the best for your prac xxxx

Also just wanted to add I've suffered bad depression/anxiety also & agree with everything Waiting said. I hate the fact there is such a stigma towards mental health & also anti deppressants. I guess I just knew for myself having suffered depression in the past when I failed the test dramatically for me it was due to circumstances. I didn't mean that's the case for Shy just wanted to let you know how it was for me so you don't worry if it's the case for you also knowing you have "circumstances" with both sleep dep & your niece which wouldn't help. Hope your ok mate & know I'm here if you ever want to chat. Hope to catchup with you oneday soon also xxx

For me I'm still suffering post traumatic stress due to the birth but it helped alot seeing the mental health midwife & she's also arranging for me to see a phycologist in a month or so as I don't want it to be a long term effect. I want to move on & enjoy my beautiful miracle & family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - that sucks! I agree with the others - i have no personal experience with depression so my 2 cents wont count for much im afraid. If you cant 'fix' samuels sleeping, can you try to force the bottle so at least you can have a break??? It might sound cruel but a baby wont starve themselves, if he is hungry enough he will take it. And you dont have to use a bottle - one of my friends was so paranoid about nipple confusion when she had to feed bub EBM she did it from a cup - this was from 1 week of age and it works!! i fed annabellle from a cup a few times when struggling with her tounge tie and it worked a treat - not a sippy cup, just a regular open top cup - have you started solids yet? I knwo liv mentioned Dr symon and his theories are based around food - either top up to breast feeding, formula or early solids - theory being the more they eat the more settled they are at night..You could even try a formula top up after a boob feed when he is fullish and relaxed - might just take that bot like a trooper!! - Just imagine i it worked and you could book yourself a night somewhere with a spa. room service and a full night sleep!!

Digby - there is a cafe on the parade for kids - its very small though and would only entertain very small toddlers like around 18months - the play equipment is a bit lame!! Id still be happy to go but could only make a tues or fri. I am planning a catch up here week after next - everyone welcome - what day is good for everyone?

Liv - all good here, busy - started Ned on solids and he loved it, tried annabelle and she screamed the house down so will try her again in a few weeks - cant believe im at solids stage already!!

waiting - have a BALL im jealous!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - oooh yeah good point LM made about trying feeding from a cup. A friend of mine's twins were fully b/fed, they never took bottles so she got them sipping from a cup from 6 months, then they went to a sippy cup pretty quickly. Might be an worth a go!

Rignt, packing... whoops got distracted downloading music to listen to in the car... In need 4 hours worth and it will be Hi5 and Wiggles free!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI girls, thanks for your feedback and advice. I read yesterday, but didn't have the energy to reply! My phone is useless for that, so need to sit at computer! I'm pretty confident I don't have PND, and I do think my issues are circumstantial, and I know my niece has things far worse than me, sleep deprivation is just such a killer.

Last night S did a bit better, he slept 8,30 - midnight, I settled him back to sleep he slept til 2, then he resettled himself til 3, I fed him then he woke at 5.45 (of course!) then resettled himself til 6.45 and then I took him into bed with me for a feed and nap! It was a much better night, I was impressed with him resettling himself. He is eating a bit more at night now, so hopefully that will start to impact him at night, and I want to start adding a protein also, I just find the puree'ing time consuming!!

Thanks to MA and Liv for texting me yesterday, was nice to hear from you, this week is busy with DH home from work, his birthday, niece in hosp, going away, etc but I would like to maybe catch up the following week or two. DH is home for 10 days hope we dont' get too sick of each other!

I have tried EBM in a sippy cup (well DH did) but he wouldn't have a bar of it. I am thinking of trying some formula also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shy - glad to hear you had a better night. With the pureeing i just bought a electric steamer that has 4 levels on it - so i can do 4 different foods at once, plus have 2 saucepans on the go on the stove as well - then i just stick blend it and rinse the blender inbetween foods. Also there is no reason why you cant just throw in some extra veg for s when you steam your own for dinner - then blend it up for the next day. You could try some soft finger foods too, Sometimes for lunch Max used to have the steamfresh veg from the freezer - already cut small and finger friendly -he used to love it!!! purees are hard work so with ethe twins this time i will be trying to get them on to finger food asap - that way i can cook a little more at dinner and they can eat it the following day for tea etc. The jars were no good for Max - he hated them, but i always had in teh panrty some of the goulbourn valley fruit packs - teh apple puree is yummy and unlike jar food isnt heat treated - it actually just tastes like an apple you would puree yourself - a huge timesaver!!

Brett back at work today - must say i LOVE having all my kiddies to myself - my nephews start kindy today, cant believe how fast it went, i still remember watching them as newborns sharing a bassinet while my sister slept.......Soemdyas you cant wait for them to grow up so it gets easier and somedays (like today!) you just want time to stand still uh oh - clucking already!