+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 136 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello,

Digby & Winzy - Great news on the sleep, I hope last night was a repeat performance for you both.

Waiting - All the best for next week in the SE. I have something for A's dress up box, are you home during the week? Kids are going well, few dramas at the beginning all good now.

Liv -

MG - Hope you had a great birthday. Sorry to hear S is unwell, gosh you guys have had a shocking run. Have a fantastic time in Europe, soooo jealous!!!

Livvy - Sounds like your appt went well, wont be long and you'll be feeling kicks.

Off to Victor Harbour tomorrow for the day, then spending the weekend in Burra. DH has been given a new rooster, he now does week about night/days. So he has either Sun/half Mon off or Half Sat/ Sun off so really happy about that and some more $$$.
    Hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rooster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rooster, good one Kiwi!!! Enjoy VH tomorrow, will catch up soon Im sure A will love the dress ups

Well little Miss has decided afternoon naps are overrated. She often doesnt have a nap now and the past 2 days she has powered on until she has fallen asleep on her fold out sofa in the lounge. Today it was for 20mins during playschool, I left the room for 5mins and whammo she was out to it!! Was sooooo stoked until she stayed up until 9.45 tonight... GRRR!!! Yes shes sleeping better at night but my GOD this child doesnt have a 'go slow' setting. Or a volume button for that matter. Did anyone see the Kmart add for the toy sale with the little girl talking non stop then she is stuck for words when she sees the toys? I reckon that add was modelled on A. She can put me to shame, I reckon she doubles the required word quota every day!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kiwi - I would loooove to start feeling some movement, although I feel like it may not happen that soon because my 12 wk scan showed that both the placentas are anterior. I didn't know much about this and obviously it's normal but not AS common as a posterior placenta.. but apon reading it does seem like people with anterior placentas don't feel the movements or kicking as much. I have to confess I was a little disappointed I really can't wait to feel some movement and it looks now like I may not until very late and even then that it might be very cushioned. Enjoy VH and burra, had to lol about your DH's new "rooster" hopefully it doesnt wake you up in the mornings

waiting - lol oh your little miss does sound like an energetic one!! Funny how some kids can be like that. My DH was "go go go" as a child, I wonder very much if our bubbas might be just the same way!

Digby - good luck with the later bathing of Z routine! Sounds like the parenting hotline know what theyre talking about (i didnt even know this hotline EXISTED!!), so it must be a good plan to stick to the routine and hopefully it'll help Very glad to hear that you've had at least one good nights sleep recently!!

Winzy - sounds like a great night for Owen too! Hooray for sleeping!!!

AFM - well am absolutely wreeccckkked this afternoon as I haven't been sleeping well and then also had to get up extra early this morning to get in to work early to set up a big video conference and then do a big presentation. I'm sooo glad it's over now but boy am i tired. Am giving myself an early minute and will hopefully have a nice relaxing night at home.. although DH is working tonight and that always makes me a bit sad!! 14 and a half weeks now, looking forward to reaching another week over and being 15 weeks.. I love it when another week ticks over!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG thanks to my uni prac I just worked out that out of the next 9 weeks I will only be home in Adelaide for approx 3 of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry ladies it's a me post. I feel like a real idiot, went to Z's 6 week checkup & mentioned to my GP about how one of my legs/foot is really puffy & the other one (which was puffy also during the pregnancy is now normal) DH has been nagging me for 2 weeks to have it seen. Well Dr is concerned it's a blood clot so having a scan today! Gosh I'm an idiot!! Just hope it's nothing serious!
    As for Z still having issues sleeping. Getting her to sleep is easy but keeping her asleep another story. Well last night I got 3 solid hours, been up since 4am today so hoping tonights a better night!

Hope your all keeping well & staying warm. Must catchup on personals later xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    False alarm thank goodness phew! Will tell more later Z's being a cranky pants!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys o had a shocker the night before last waking every couple hours n not settling but I think it was the blocked nose cos he slept better with a vaporizer last night. He has also taken to staying up crying till 10:30 n having cat naps from 6 - bedtime despite our best efforts, I think he just wants to hang with dad!! He's 6 weeks is it a phase? The neighboursand dh n i hope so! We r still trying to work out when to bath him when we do feed 6 bath at 6:30 he sleeps fir half n hour - 2 hrs till the next feed after which he cries for 1 - 2 hrs and only goes down with dh settling him. Even with a feed after he is the same. we r gonna try a later bath 8:30 n see how that goes tonight.
    Livvyloo: it's great when u can read the next week of what to expect (have u got the app?) and up the duff hey! Go wk 14
    Wh: woah that is a long time away!
    Digby: glad it was a false alarm!! Let's hope both babies let us get sone sleep xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy..... I'm with you & hoping its a 6 week phase also. Z is a lil shocker at night. We have no probs getting her asleep at night BUT give her 5-10 mins after you put her in her bassinet & she wakes & no matter what we do she won't go back to sleep until we start the process all over again. The only thing that worked last night was me (giving in due to extreme tiredness) feeding her lying down in bed & once in a deep sleep I put her in her bassinet & she slept for 3 hours from 1-4am only sleep I got all night! It doesn't make sense tho, if I get her to sleep any other way and don't put her in her bassinet until in a deep sleep she always wakes within 10 mins (except for the other night when my mum was here & she slept 8 hours straight WTF??) Mum said she'll come give me another break if things don't get better but knowing lil Z she will be an angel for Nan again & make us look hopeless lol!! Luckily mum knows me & I mother like my mother so mum thinks it was most likely a mixture of both a fluke & the fact where so tired at out wits end where as mums refreshed!!
    As for trying a different bathtime mate I say go for it! I know I mentioned the other day on here how the nurse on the p/hotline said you should stick to the same routine eg bathtime for 2 weeks but DH & I have deceided to pass on that now as we need sleep!! Like I mentioned on f/bk tonight where trying a whole different approach (where desperate lol) skipping the bath together in hope we can trick her & get her to stay asleep. (one night without a bath won't hurt) I'm feeding her right now & going to put her to bed shortly once she's had one BIG feed. Will see how things go from there & may do a dream feed in a couple of hours. Might work as long as she doesn't poop!! Or maybe I should just see how long she sleeps for (hoping she doesn't wake at 1 or 2am & stay up for the rest of the night)
    So I'd say go with your gut feeling mate & try a later bath & fingerscrosed it works!! Goodluck & hopefully sweetdreams xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy and Digby - hope you guys get some decent sleep soon, I remember A was absolutely feral around 6 weeks of age, I rang the parenting helpline in desperation and they were completely useless! (I must have just got a cr@p person on that night cos everyone else says its great!) and DH was at his wits end. From memory we used to just lay in bed with her and feed/let her scream until she was all screamed out! I also have clear memories of walking around the block at about 9-10pm with A in her sling screaming trying to get her to sleep at that age.....

Hopefully its a phase and it will get better soon!! There's a wonderweek about week 5 and Ive read somewhere that the crying and unsettled period peaks around 6 weeks of age so fingers crossed you guys are getting through the worst of it and a good night's sleep is just on the horizon!!