+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All!

MG....sorry to hear you've been so sick. hope it passes really quickly for you. funnily i thought i would catch all illnesses when i was preg cos i knew your immune system wasn't as powerful but no matter how many colds i was around i didn't catch a thing! altho.....ask me now! i dont know where my current one has come from! good work on trying S on peanut butter! what age are they recommending you test it?? Also, where are you guys off to again? you've probably mentioned it but i've forgotten.

Livvy....good on you for sticking up to your boss! best way to go about it reckon is to speak the truth! some bosses are just a-holes! maybe she's a jealous lonely lady! who knows!! hope all is well with you otherwise! Also, as for the clothing during birth.....i was just going to wear comfy top and bra but then i opted to have the epidural and so ended up wearing a gown.....and then i ended up having a c/s anyway so gown it was all the way. unfortunately i didn't get skin to skin contact which i was a bit disappointed about. before i even got the chance they had him all wrapped up and on me wrapped. next time i will make sure for skin to skin.

Winzy.....i went with the 'go with the flow' approach for ages with C! i do regret tho going for so long with it (6 months) cos he was going to bed about 9pm after a bath at about 8.30pm (we thought later bed time would give us less wakeup) but it didn't give us a peaceful dinner and etc and we were utterly exhausted by the end of the night so next time i will go with flow for a bit but onto routine as soon as it feels the right time. your first breastfeed sounds like a moment to remember! well done! sounds like you're starting to get some good sleeps from him which is great! Great work with the smiles and getting your blocked duct sorted!

Digby....sounds like you're getting some good sleeps from Z as well! are the top ups still going well? if i can offer a suggestion try not to keep the late bath/late bedtime going too long cos we did up until 6months and i wished we had've gotten him to bed earlier at an earlier age. every baby is different and what works for some may not work for others and you never know when a baby is going to stop waking during the night. There were a heap of good ideas in Shys post and i'm glad the late bedtime is working for you well but from experience i would suggest to not have it like that for too long otherwise you wont ever give yourselves a break at night time.

Waiting....congratulations on the placement! just think of the money as a nice bonus at the end!! When do you go?? hope it's not too soon! will miss you! but exciting all at the same time anyway! good on you!! hope you're all well!

LM.....how are you and the kidlets?? are you all over your illnesses??

Rach.....how are you and the fam? how's little marli? i saw in the other thread you got to give her her first bath and have given her lots of cuddles! how very precious! what does she weigh now? is she still in an isolette thingy or is she in an open bassinet thingy? hope she keeps growing well!

Kiwi....i had to have glasses when i was a wee one! i've still got them in my bedside table! they're so cute! missing one lens but i still dont want to get rid of them. nice lovely brown color too (that they were!). hmmmm.....i wonder if i can find a photo to post! lol. Hope all is well with you otherwise!

Shy....thanks for posting all those settling tips! you're full of good info! Well done on S sitting as well! C has been sitting for about a week too! getting better each time!

Liv....big hugs! sorry to hear of the confirmed m/c! the charm is a lovely idea! hope you and C are ok!

Country....have you popped yet? i'm waiting for your annoucement text.

Hi to anyone i've missed! sorry!

I've been home sick since Monday avo! very very very unheard of for me to get sick! I spoke to my boss on the phone on wednesday night and she heard how sick i was in my voice so at least she knows its genuine (not that i could ever pull a sicky for a week!!). I said to her that i dont know where it's come from cos i never get sick and never have more than 1 sick day in a row.....she's like "i know.....someone else said that lisa never gets sick!". I texted her yesterday and said i was ready to come back today (friday) but she told me to stay home otherwise if i went in then she would send me back home at the first cough! bless her! I still can't help but feel bad tho cos i dont usually like to have too many days off sick. well as said, i never have more than 1 day off sick! Have had a nasty nasty cough and 2 ear infections (which haven't actually been all that painful....it's just been a very painful cough!). C has been at childcare and at my sisters yesterday this week so at least i've been able to completely rest at home and sleep as long and when i want. i've missed him tho!
    C has been commando crawling everywhere! getting faster every day! been going for nearly 2 weeks! has been sitting heaps this week too! gotta watch the little speedster! he's all better now too which is great. still a runny/snuffly/sometimes-blocked nose but other than that he's eating and drinking well again so we're very pleased that his illness is all over!

Hope you're all well!
    Right....best be off for a glass of water and an antibiotic i might call lunch!
    yep, i'm also not a big fan of this format either mods!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    MG: hope your feeling better soon xx

Winzy: good work on the night sleeps & don't you just love those first smiles. One thing I hate is when Z smiles & people say she might have wind. Mums definatly can tell the difference I think!!

Liv...I'm so sorry hun. Getting the charm is a great idea & it's great your focusing on your lil man & fitness.

Sorry for no more personals, after having such a great night the other night last night was the ****iest night ever. I'm that tired today I just can't think straight. Well Z was up all night last night. I would feed her than after wrapping her shed fall asleep. I'd wait a while then put her in her bassinet only to wake screaming five mins later. I tried absolutely everything to get her to sleep but nothing worked, then I ended up feeding her for most of the morning. As it was school holidays E wanted a sleepover & watch tv in bed with me so DH slept down the other end of the house. Well at 3am I was soooo upset & not feeling well & just craving sleep I stormed down to the other end of the house & woke DH up. We ended up having a fight (first one in a long time & since the birth) everything has just taken it's toll & I guess I'm just feeling a bit angry (maybe jealous) that he gets proper sleep & I don't. Even on the weekends when he doesn't have to work the next day either Z deceides to sleep well then or if she doesn't I end up doing most of the work. Changing nappies & wrapping,settling. I understand DH needs the sleep when he has work,especially as his job can be quite dangerous & I'd feel so awful if he had an accident due to sleep dep but I'm starting to fill like my days are pretty fullon too, not to mention all the running around I have to do after school. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold & basically just run down. I shouldn't whinge so much as DH is a very hard worker & when he's not at work he's home doing "jobs around the house" helping E with her projects etc & always does the grocery shopping. It's just the sleep issue that's ****ing me off lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lady....I missed your post. Hope your feeling much better & 100% well for work next week. Your boss sounds so lovely but might I add to your credit I'd say it's because of your great "work ethics" she's so good to you. Being a supervisor where I work I'll add it's a very "rare" thing these days IYKWIM.
    Go C with the commando crawling!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Digby, I feel for you hun! Not enough sleep is just the worst thing. Sounds like you need to have a good cry (and a nap!). I know what you mean about DH's needing sleep when working which sucks for us! Hopefully you can sneak some naps in during the day - but I know its hard looking after 2. leave all the housework napping is most important atm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - I didnt realize I hadn't posted in here. Most of my Posts are in the middle of the night now so I forget what I did or didn't do. Marli's going well. She's about 2.1kg now, is out of the humidicrib and today they turned off her monitor too so she's not being monitored either which is great but actually a bit scary too. It's so much easier to pick her uP without cables everywhere. E and I are better so I'm having long cuddles everyday and trying to BF. Tonight she actually latched on and swallowed a few times. We're also getting to bathe her. I hope you're feeling better soon. This is such a bad winter for colds. You did the right thing though by not going into work.

Digby - sleep deprivatiOn is horrible. Sending you lots of hugs.

I've just started expressing and after a few minutes I realized milk was going all over me. I forgot to attach the bottle!! Yep...Pretty tired here too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rach....that's great Marli is no longer being monitored with all those cables. I found it harder to hold & b/feed Z with all the cables too but also felt a bit anxious when they were all removed. Sounds like she's gaining weight nicely which is great. I hope it won't be too much longer before you get to take her home xx

Well, as you can all see it 4am in the morning & I'm still awake!! So much for DH being on Zali duty. Dont get me wrong, he was fantastic at the beginning of the night BUT do you think he'd take over fully & let me get some sleep?? I'm actually over the tiredness now & more so angry. Here I am the one with a cold & no sleep the night before & I'm up doing it all again while he sleeps. I walked the house for 45 mins before & got Z into a deep sleep before putting her in her basinet. Only for her to wake crying within 5mins. I really don't know what to do?? I called the parent hotline earlier tonight & asked them whether bathing at 10pm was too late but she told me to stick to it as you have to stick by the same routine for 2 weeks and as it's worked before it will work again. I really thought tonight was going to be a better night (who was I kidding) I'm afraid if this continues it's going to affect our marriage. DH just doesn't have the patients & loses it too early leaving it all up to me in the end to stay up with her when he then goes to sleep. To say I'm f%*^n ****ed off right now is an understatement!!
    Sorry girls for venting once again. I just went on f/bk before to see if there's anyone on I want to chat to. WTF?? I'm losing it, as if anyone will be on at 4am lol!! I even thought of calling the p/helpline again to just speak to someone to keep me awake!! (althogh I'm feeling so angry ATM probably wouldn't sleep now anyway)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Digby : hugs honey it w hard in the first eight weeks as they are still confused about day and night I did a day with cyh first a settling class and the a sleep class as cooper was really bad his ratbag hour was from 11pm to 4am sometimes even five it got better when we found out he had reflux and milk protein allergy and it did start to get better around 8 weeks then went to crap again call cyh maybe the can book you in the classes i did they really helped.

as for hubby I felt the same way at the start with my hubby but i do have to say he did get up and try to help but cooper just would not settle with him and still does not at times I did bring it up with him and he said that he gets frustrated and that he is doing nothing right cause cooper will not settle and then when he gives him to me he settles straight away he is now only able to settel cooper after months and months of trying if you want to catch up and I can lend you the bottles i was talking about let me know try and get some sleep during the day I am sure E will help you as much as she can xoxox

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

Sorry this is just going to be a quick one.

I still haven't popped yet, looks like it will go full term at this rate. We live on dirt so the bumpy roads don't work and neither does spicy food, nor the nocturnal activities......
    Bubs loves my ribs, although I'm way over it at the moment, didn't get much sleep due to the pain in my ribs last night. Aaaahhhh well not much longer to wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv I was very sorry to hear of your m/c, the charm is a great idea. Thinking of you.

To everyone else I hope all those nasty colds are going away and everyone is starting to feel better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Liv for your suggestions & feedback. I just don't know if I'm Arthur or Martha atm lol.
    I think alot of it is DH also can't settle Z & knows I can just put her on the boob which is where she always seems to be. I tried getting 2 hours sleep just before when I finally got her to sleep at 10am. I more so just lyed there as past the sleep stage & knowing I have visitors round 2pm today doesn't help. Hopefully once they go I'm able to have a nap when Z does.

Question....for those who have had babies like Z who stay awake all night WTF do you do to help function apart from the obvious strong cups of coffee lol!! Napping when they sleep isn't always possible as life must go on. With appts made, mothers groups to attend, catching up with friends & family, jobs to do, other children to spend time with & take places I checked my calendar & having a nap is virtually impossible?? Do I just shower to (try) and wake myself up, feel & look like **** for the rest of the day & just hope the next night will be better?