+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mg and Digby: I woke him last night from his long sleep - but he still had a good 3 or so hours. He still didn't go down till 11 then he woke up and I burped him, he was hungry again so I fed him - and he chucked up the whole feed so I fed him again not getting to bed till 12 yawn!  He is now having a morning sleep - but think this is probably the bit if sleep he missed from 10 - 12 last night and hope this doesn't push his bedtime back further... His arvo nap started later yesterday cos we were out. Maybe this is the start of a long morning sleep? That would be nice! Digby: are u following any sort of routine or demand feeding? I sort of was but have now chucked it cos I got a blocked duct so need to feed him more frequently. Your afternoons sound busy!! Enjoy the break with the school holidays also on he formula thing maybe speak to a lactation consultant? And our bubbas are going through a growth spurt this week so will be feeding more often tk build up our supply O is the same too! It seems as soon as he finishes he soon enough is rooting around for more.  
    Livvyloo: lol on the nude question I was thinking like u 2 and shopped around for a 'labour outfit' but I ended up just wearing what i had on at the time and then having a bath for pain relief and then when u get out u r concentrating so hard on managing the contractions u don't think about the nudity. It was also lovely at the end to be nude and have bubby put straight on my chest for skin to skin and bf ing nude up I say and go the bath it rocks
    Lisa: commiserations on the night crying and ca sickness it sounds like a hard time and then having to go to work too wow full on. Make sure u do enlist the help of your mum if u can to catch some zzs
    Wh: yay for your little girl sleepig so well in her big girl bed
    Rach: great to hear u have had some  cuddles and r onto bf ing  hope the next 5 weeks passes quickly so u can have her home before ya know it 
    Liv: sending u big hugs and thinking of u mc is heartbreaking and coupled  with no sleep must be a hard time hope u get yr bfp soon and some sleep too xxx look after yourself xo
    Afm: well I've decided to chuck the 3  - 4 hrly babywise routine and go with demand feeding a bit more I have a blocked duct mild mastitis ouch! So need to feed as often as possible. Owen slept from 12 - 3:30 then 4:15 - 8:30 then 9 - 10:30am last night need to work on getting bedtime a bit earlier! But still got some decent sleep
    Ma: sounds like u r having lots of fun with C and H the facepaibting story made me giggle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MA, oh you are so lucky with all that good sleep!! S is starting to get a bit better...last night though he went to bed at 8.45, woke at 11.30 fed him, then again at 5.30 and slept til 7, then til 8 in bed with me!!! Sounds like H is learning some very naughty words! Hope you can straighten him out! Sounds like you had a good day yesterday, well done on the face paint! Re AF, I haven't got mine yet either!

LM, bugger about AF...

Liv, thinking about you. Like MA said, if you need a catch up/chat, let me know we could meet same place as last time xx

Lady, to you also. I couldn't be apart from S either, but it sounds like you have your head around it and will be just fine! I hope things settle down for you very soon!

Livvy, it was a hot day when I went into labour, I was in shorts and a t-shirt, and I kept bra/t-shirt on during labour, there was no way I was doing the bare all thing, I am very coy also about my body! You do whatever makes you feel comfortable! I bought long t-shirts for labour, but when it came to the crunch, I didn't have time to change, so just wore what I had on! I only had a 5 hour labour, and was 9cm by the time I got to the hospital, so within an hour of getting there, he was born!

Winzy, how did the ABA talk go? Re settling, I would also wake O after a max of 3 hours sleep, you want him to learn night from day sooner than later! It is hard waking a sleeping baby though!

Off to go bm dress shopping with my sister from Sydney today, have a nice day everyone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Liv - big fat to you. I hope things settle for you soon and everything works out well. xxx

Rach - great news about Marli!! She'll work out latching in no time, I'm sure!

LM - AF??? Slap her in the head I say!!

A big hello to everyone else. Pretty tired here and contemplating a lie down. Spence at childcare and have done a few things today. We have workmen starting to renovate our single garage into a study, and that is bopping along nicely. Will continue while we are away, so it would be great if it was finished by the time we get back!
    Will pick Spence up early from CC today, as we are going in to get his 18 month immunisation done. Slack, I know - he's 20 months! We are both meant to be getting the flu shot too, but now I have a cough and a sore throat, so not sure I'll be eligible for it. grrrr. Was hoping to get it done before going. I have picked up so many bugs this year, and this year and last year were the first years I haven't had a shot for ages.(it's part of my OH&S to have it). I guess I know it works!!

Oh... and Waiting - no I have NEVER seen a birthing video!! I just never thought of it, and I must admit,people told me to avoid them, that they were unnecessary!! Guess I had a pretty good idea what was going to happen!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Livvyloo if u r thinking of fashion for labour a top u can open to bf straight after might b gd if u r planning to bf

Shy: the aba meeting was great! Lovely ladies u should come next time. Learnt about bf and sleeping - all shared their stories. good excuse for a cuppa cake n chat! I will wake Owen today I reckon. Do u demand feed by the way trying to work out what to do re routine or demand x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Winzy For This Useful Post:

Livvyloo  (11-07-2011)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Winzy......I'm a routine person all over & when E was a tiny baby I had a really good routine with her very early & although I'd more so "top her up with a feed" before going out to avoid going places I didn't want to feed in public her feeds were pretty much routine feeds not demand. Well.....Z is such a different baby & routine feeding just doesn't suit her so I'm now just going with the flow. Also having an older child makes it a tiny bit tricky as sometimes I have no choice but to give Z a half feed, then do school pickup, get to E's after school activities, then re feed her. I figure it's best to let her have a good sleep then wake her early to give a full feed. The only real routine thing happening is bathtime is always around 8pm which will be brought forward once she goes to bed earlier & the only other thing I do on a regular basis is stay up until after her late feed (around 11pm or midnight) I just find it easier then being woken up at 2am. I can't wait to be able to get routine feeding happening with her but dont think it will be any time soon so demand feeding & going with the flow it will be!! Oops for writing so much lol!

Mummyagain....sounds like you have 2 fantastic sleepers on your hand!!

Lady.....hope C is much better & was able to stay at day care today. E used to get sick heaps when she started day care but got a really good immune system & as a young kid hardly ever got sick. Hope you can get your baby free night soon so you can recharge your batteries. xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well it's day 2 of giving Z formula b4 bed. Last night she wouldn't take it so tonight I tried giving it to her earlier & was going to "try"'putting her to bed earlier BUT again she won't take it. All up I got about 15mls into her by tricking her with boob first then swapping to bottle once she was "milk drunk" only worked for a very short time. Nevermind we'll keep trying each night for 3 weeks (until we can no longer use the tin)
    Going to put her on her bassinet earlier tonight still anyway, just not confident she's going to sleep for too long as I would be if she had the whole bottle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv - I'm so sorry. How did you go with the BT? M/Cs are always heartbreaking no matter what the situation is. Sending you lots of hugs. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv......I just read back & read your post. I'm so so sorry to hear you may have had a m/c. I hope your ok, it's so sad when this happens. Sending you hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry in advance for the me post. I hope one of you guys might be able to help.
    Well last night Z went to sleep round 10pm. Normally I'd try and keep her awake as she then always wakes around 2am and stays up for the rest of the night so we tend to keep her awake & put her in her bassinet round midnight instead to avoid that 2am party time. Well I gave it another shot last night & we put Z in her bassinet around 10ish last night. She woke up at 2am & yep..party party party!! After cuddling & feeding she would go back to sleep but once put in her bassinet she would sleep for about 5-10 mins then wake up screaming. This continued all night. I even cuddled her for about half an hour before putting her in her bassinet to get her in a deep sleep but nothing works. The only thing that would keep her asleep & allow me sleep would be to let her sleep in my bed but I don't want to do that.
    Zahli is always sleepy after her bath & even before her bath round 8pm so DH wants to try letting her sleep from around 8-10pm then wake her & give her a bath then instead of the usual 8pm bath. Then after her bath feed her & by the time all that's done it will be around 11.30 ish, then put her in her bassinet. What do you all think? Would that be too late for a bath for a 5 week old? Im also concerned if we let her sleep for a couple of hours before her bath she won't sleep for more than 3 hours once we do put her to sleep later on?? She's a tricky one??
    Any suggestions are most appreciated. I'm honestly not bothered about the broken sleep too much as it's all part of having a baby, BUT the problem is it's not broken sleep as Z just won't go back to sleep unless in my bed which means I have to stay awake.
    Sorry for such a long me post, I'm at my wits end & not sure whether to try DH's idea. Also the formula top up isn't working as she hates the bottle (we will keep persisting for the whole 3 weeks though)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also doing a dreamfeed doesn't work either with this cheeky monkey as she is guaranteed to poop so changing her nappy always wakes her up!!