+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 136 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all!

Winzy/Digby.....hope those PND tests are only low risks for you and that CYH can help put you on some good strategies to help. I reckon i'd be high risk right now if i filled out one of those again - with the way bubba sickness has been in this house! TBH, when i did fill it out at my first CYH meeting I just put the answers that I thought they wanted to hear (all positive) and i still got a low score in one area but not enough to put me at risk. who knows!

Winzy....I can't believe you've already tried to hold a dinner party with a newborn! nice effort but yep....probably not something you want to do too often! Hope you start getting some good sleeps from O very soon! I remember those night feeds taking nearly an hour each time! i kinda feel like we have a newborn again as lastnight we were up every 3 hours with lots of crying!

Digby....wow you're doing so well to keep going out to all Es committments at night time with a baby in tow! Sounds like E is such a little mother hen! so cute! sounds like you've been getting better sleeps with Z than we have with C! it's not often we get a long 6 hour stint like you've been getting! nice work!

Livvy.....well done on the NT results and your f/b annoucement! such a huge relief to get it off your chest, hey! but yep i stressed the whole way through my pregnancy. it's in my blood! . I imagine they'll monitor you more with twins than they do singletons?? such a bugger to have to go shopping when you really can't be arsed, hey! but sounds like you had fun in the end!

LM.....how are you and the fam going?? are you all getting better?

Waiting....how are you and lexi?? all better?

Liv....any whitegoods yet?

MG....did you enjoy your nice morning child free? wow can't believe you're half way already?!

Kiwi....how are you and S going? getting through those hard nights?

Rach.....how are you and marli going?? is she still gaining weight nicely? Hope you've recovered from your colds!

Shy.....sorry i can't answer question. i got no idea. Are you going to try for number 2 soon??

Hi to those i've missed!

Well it's been a big nightmare here lately! C isn't on the improve just yet but surely! just surely very soon! Am so over all this screaming! seriously, it's driving us to our wits end! Why can't he just get better! Sore throat, nasty cough, some chucking, rash, high temps, not eating, and now a middle ear infection and infected ezcema behind his ear! when will it go away! when will we have a healthy bubba again! i've even been applying the WCH teething gel thinking he may be screaming over teeth too! who freakin knows! up every 3 hours lastnight! am over it! i just want to cry if he gets sent home from childcare tomorrow altho i dont think he's contageious anymore, they will probably just find him a little hard to handle considering he just screams if we put him in his cot to sleep! he's wanted to be cuddled to sleep and then if we try to put him down slowly he wakes up and screams again! So at the moment while i'm typing this, david is asleep on the lounge with C asleep on him! i really hope this improves because we can't go on like this much longer altho dont really have a choice!
    I think i'm ready to hand him over to mum and dad for a night when he's better so that we can have a decent full nights sleep and just a night away from it all! but only when he's better! Pity i can't hand him back! hahaha! . Kidding!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Livvy - I had a hospital gown on when I gave birth. That was because I had an epidural in. If I didn't have that I would have just worn a loose t'shirt.

Maybe the women are feeling hot and wanted their tops off?? I don't know. I never watched a birthing video.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoa a free couple of mins, gotta type fast..

MG - you NEVER watched a birth video?! OMG I was obsessed when I was preggas cos I had NOOO freakin' idea what I was getting myself in to!! I still watch baby shows now just to get my newborn fix. Then I see them saying how hard it is and sleepless nights and I snap right out of it again!

Livvy - Congrats on being able to announce on FB!! Bummer the M/S returned, hope it goes quickly. Awesome you got great NT results too, from memory I got the same results with A and was the same age as you at the time, it was a HUGE relief!

LM - Hows the twinnies doing? Hope everyone is on the mend, mega super hugs your way

Rach - Hows little Marli doing? Hope she is growing stronger and you are all getting better so you can visit. Cant wait to see pics!

Lisa - oooooh poor C Sounds just like what A had it was awful. Hope he gets better soon and I think a night off after he gets better might be just what the doctor ordered for you guys!! (Well at least Dr Waitinghoping anyway.... )

Oh the troops are getting restless, better finish cooking dinner, BBL for the rest of the personals

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lady.....you poor thing & DH too. It really does sound like you both need a night off & uninterrupted sleep. Poor C also, it's just awful when there sick, I hope he's 100% better soon & also hope day care are able to have him tomorrow.

Livvy....I couldn't imagine being fully nude in labor. Even in full labour after having an internal I put my knickers back on & I don't honestly remember taking them off again. My top stayed on until I had the epidural put in & then it was the gown I put on although I dont really remember putting it on??

AFM.....well, after much contemplation I've gone to the chemist & bought a tin of formula. It wasn't an easy decision but as where calling it "emergency formula only" at least we have it if & when needed. I just can't seem to fill Z up half the time. Apart from when she gets a good feed & sleeps a few hours my boobs just dont seem to get a chance to fill up again as I can feed her only to have her hungry an hour later, then again, then again. Last night from 10pm I was feeding her aporoximatly every hour until 2am when she finally went to sleep so DH & I have deceided a "top up at the 11pm feed will be done if required" I tried topping her up with express last night & it wasn't enough so hoping the formula might do the trick. I will definatly feed her first & only do as a top up as I really don't want to give up feeding or have my supply go down. I just hope I'm doing the right thing?!?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all-- im still here. Was feeling a bit funny emotionally, just off and not myself at all, lo and behold despite breastfeeding not one but 2 babies AF has made herself known - WTF, didnt get it back with max till 9 months - explains everything though so feling better now that i can put it all donw to mood/hormones and not something more sinister....

havent read back so not sure what your all up to but i hoep you are all well - lisa, i know C is sick and i hope he gets better soon, so so draining i think you def deserve a night alone when he is better, some nice takeaway, wine and a movie in PEACE sounds divine!

Digby - Formula is gold sometimes - my supply has been a little low which i can now put down to AF returning, so we did a top up at 9pm last night affter i fed them at 6pm, gave them 90 ml each of formula and the angels slept till 5am - pure bliss after the day i had . Supply back in full achey force tonight - leaking everywhere as pro usual, but im expressing that off and im gonna do the formula feed at 9pm every night now - 14 weeks in and Mummy is desparate for some sleep!

livvy - i think some women cant stand clothes etc next to their skin during birth -i wore a bra and t-shirt when i had max and a gown with the twin as it was a section. although with maxi in the pics straight after i had him i was wearing a gown but i know i gave birth to him in my t-shirt - so dont even know who changed me but someone did....I am the worls most private person and i can guarantee you i didnt care who saw what in labour -last thing on your mind!!!!

Rach - hows your littlest darling? hope she is fighting fit xx

love to all, ice cream awaits!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok Im back (took a while haha!)

LM - Good to hear you're doing better, damn AF!!!!

Livvy - I wore a bra and tank top while in labour but once I had the epi had to wear a gown (ended in a c-section so would have had to change anyway) but had I have birthed naturally I had planned to stay in my tank top and bra till the end cos i wasnt showing anyone anything hahaha!!! To be honest like LM I dont remember getting changed, those things are things I guess we worry about before having a baby but once you're in labour its the last thing on your mind and you dont really care!!! After having one baby and the amount of boob flashing I did with the middies trying to b/feed in the days after A was born I reckon I could just walk in to the hospital starkers and not even care next time

Digby - In the early days I bought some sachets of formula for A so that I didnt have to open a tin just to do a top up feed (and therefore be tempted to use the whole lot!!) Hope the formula feed helps you to get some sleep

Winzy- I second what MG said, Id wake O up from the afternoon sleep, hopefully will help him to learn that the 'long' sleep should be done at night

AFM - we are doing better, A is back to full steam ahead! Im feeling better but still having lots of trouble with my ears, went back to the docs the other day and more antibiotics so hopefully it will all clear up now.

Well.... we just put A to bed in her 'big girl bed' (cot converted to toddler bed) for the first time and she went straight to sleep!!! So proud of my big (little) girl!!!!!! Lets see if she stays there all night.... She's been trying to climb in to her cot for a while now when she gets tired, and if she wants to get in and we dont put her in she cracks a right old tanty so we decided to give it a go. Fingers crossed...
    Last edited by waitinghoping; 10-07-2011 at 21:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa - you guys really need a break from all this illness. Poor little C and poor mum & dad too. You deserve a night off (= full nights sleep) after this.

Livvy - Famtastic NT results.

LM - AF!!! Damn!! At least it explains how you were feeling but so not welcome I imagine. What a great sleep N & A had after their top-up. How's big brother going with it all?

Waiting - Good to hear you're all better.

Digby - all we really get told about M coming home is that it's usually when they're full-term so about another 5 weeks provided she's feeding well.

MG - Hope you're enjoying the Dog-sitting.

Country - all the very best. Can't wait to hear your news.

AFM, M came out of her humidicrib on Saturdsy. E & I are much better now so I've had lOng cuddles and we're trying BFing now too. She's not latching on yet but she sure is going for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lisa : I hope charlie is on the mend I am not sure why You think I am looking for whitegoods ??? I only ask you cause you were asking about front loaders.

LM : damm that was fast you poor thing I hope you milk supply works it's self out .

Digby : I know a girls in mothers group and doing the top up feed with formula really works for and her milk supply has stayed normall the only down side about buying a tin of formula is once the are opened they expire in three weeks we went through so many brands and threw out so much lol.

Rach : good to here marli is doing well i hope she starts to latch soon we had that problem with cooper big time .
    to everyone else.

Sorry if my post sounds a bit off it is due to lack of sleep for about 4 weeks (three hours per night) teething is awful plus he has a cold but it is all apart of being a mother and I am not ready for sleep overs yet I just could not bear to be appart from him he is not drinking or eating properly so we are off to the dr's again he has had tree wet nappies in 24 hours not good he seams fin though and no signs of dehydration.

cooper did cheer me up yesterday by sitting unassisted go mini

It has been a very emotional weekend for us as it looks like we have has another miscarriage which cause of the translocation I know their is a high chance but is does not take away the pain just waiting on my blood test results which was taken yesterday we had a faint hpt test please do not mention this on facebook as we are not telling anyone we are trying

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all!

Rach....so so so glad to hear you're getting some long cuddles and attempting bfing now! hope she gets the hang of it soon!

LM....bugger about AF! man that woman is nasty! Hope it's just a one-off! sounds like you're getting some fabulous sleeps from those little angels!

Waiting.....hope all goes well at the drs and hope you're fully recovered soon! great work about lexi and her new bed style!!

Liv....so sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I really hope you get another beautiful miracle just like mini cooper! as for the 'whitegoods' question.....i was referring to his teeth. i call them whitegoods. So just wondering if any 'whitegoods' have come through yet!

Digby....you do what you feel most comfortable with with the formula. If it's something you'll be doing every night then you probably wont be wasting a whole tin as they do have to be used within 3 weeks after opening. I hope it can give you some extra fullness for little Z tho!

Well the sleep fairy and health fairy haven't been at our house over the weekend! up every 3 hours on saturday night and up every 1/5-2hours lastnight! that night away is looking very very appealing! lots of screaming and just pain and not much eating and drinking but we are monitoring the wet nappies. we'll get there......just have him down for antihistamene, nasal spray and antibiotics. I've also got a nasty cough and an ear infection now so nasal spray and antibiotics for me too! this is all over very soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Liv - Just read your post and wanted to send you I assume this was a natural attempt since you said you have to have supression? It is heartbreaking but at least you did get pregnant (assuming BT confirms) so it's just a matter of getting another without the nasty translocation genes which you will do, like you have done before. It's not an easy journey though waiting for the right one, but they are in there. I'm around if you want coffee/chat/cry...

Lisa - sorry to hear Charlie is unwell still. I remember when H first went to childcare - it was the "sickest" year of our lives - he was always getting something, then so did I - lots of chucking NOT caused from alchohol (for me I mean, not H)! Anyway, on the bright side he's been pretty good since. Think they just get it out of their system around all the other kiddy germs when they first start!

Rach - Glad to hear Marli is going well.

Country - Not long now hun - hang in there!

Livy - Great NT results. Clothing attire is the least of your worries! Just be comfortable in what you wear.

Shy - Glad you've been having some better nights with S - let's hope they continue

Digby - Glad things going well with Z. Good that you are aware of PND signs and can get onto it straight away if need be. Good luck with the top ups. C is just on formula so I can't really help only to say there is the pre-mix stuff but it's $$$ but then maybe cheaper if you have to ditch 1/2 a can every time! I think too they taste different - only saying that because once in hospital with H they gave him pre mix S26 Gold and he wouldn't touch it, had to wait for DH to bring the S26 Gold power in (unless of course he was just starving by then!)

Winzy - I can't believe you did a dinner party so soon! Sounds like O is just adorable and going well

Waiting - Well done with the bed changes - shall keep fingers crossed for you

Lulu - Good that things are on the mend for you all. I've had 2 x AF since C born, but I have a friend who gave birth before me and still hasn't got it and she was getting a bit worried - so I'll re-assure her it can take 9 months from the sound of it!

MG - Hope all going well with pregnancy

Kiwi - hope you are going well - hope the nights are getting better

AFM, all going well. H is a handful at times so busy keeping him busy and entertained. Had a lovely day at Victor yesterday at the Whale Festival - H having pony rides, jumping castles and bungy trampoline things. He can get quite shy at times so I was very proud of him getting into everything. He had his face painted so I waited next to a lady doing a kid, then realised that she was the mother not the painting lady and this was self serve and I had to do it myself!! So I say to H, how about a cat? - of course he wanted spiderman, and may I say that I did a bl00dy good job of it!! He was very happy too!!

C is going really well. Most nights are fantastic except for every now and then, like this morning getting up at 4am - but he had a feed and back to bed. Normally we do top up around 9:30 - 10pm then he wakes around 6 or 7 (feed normally at 7 - 7:30). Sometimes it's 5 or so but he just chatters to himself (soo cute) and doesn't need feed to 7. On the really plus side if it's after 6 DH gets up then so deals with it all so i then don't have to get up until H does which is around 7:30 - so i'm very happy with that! So just have to hope this continues. H was much the same, never any great sleeping issues, so I'll just hope for the same!

C is nearly 4 months now. At last weigh in he was 7kg so he's a chubba. Same as H at the same stage - and they look almost the same in photos. At birth they were similar, but now it's like they are identical twins! I've been making sure any printed photos I put name and age as you'd think you never get them mixed up but you never know for later - and also for them to know too!!

So might head down to the shops for a coffee (strong) and some shopping then head over to Mum's for a while to collect H - he went there this morning and playing with his 6 yo nephew (and most likely learning more naughy things to say and do ) "stupid idiot" is the latest..hmmmm
    Last edited by MummyAgain; 11-07-2011 at 11:29.